Total Solution New to Exante

Thanks ladies. I still can't quite believe it. It's crazy! xxx

Yeah it's crazy but it's good!! I will be very happy if I get the same result in 8 weeks that you have, but I'm nowhere close to that!!

You really are an amazing lady xx

Thankyou :) honestly don't think I'd of done it without minimins support. It's helped me so much.

Had a little wi today and I'm 13.2 :) :) :) hoping to see a 12 by the end of this week. Can't believe I'm going to be 12 stone something.

I'm finding I'm becoming obsessed with bmi. Never ever have I been a fan of the bmi scale but to not be classed as obese is a huge achievement for me. I need to lose another 2 and a half to get into healthy range, that's around 10.10 but I'm thinking 11 something is my limit. Maybe even 12 something. Feeling so much more comfortable with myself. It's nice not to be the 'fat one' for the first time in years. I think if I was more toned I'd be happy as I am now, but I've still got my saggy tummy which will never go properly since having a massive baby in there. But I'm trying to accept that (and also looking at tummy tucks) lol xxxxxx

Here is the recipe Sarah, I made it earlier so see my tips in red, it tastes very like a heavy wholegrain bread, and is prob very filling

[h=3]Prep Time: 15 minutes[/h][h=3]Cook Time: 20 minutes[/h][h=3]Total Time: 35 minutes[/h][h=3]Ingredients:[/h]
  • 2 cups flax seed meal (ground/milled Flax Seed)
  • 1 Tablespoon baking powder (2.5 teaspoons was right)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1-2 Tablespoons sugar equivalent from artificial sweetener (2 teaspoons of spenda)
  • 5 beaten eggs (4 large is using, 5 was a bit too many)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/3 cup oil (I used chilli oil for a kick, 1/3 cup is too much, so a little bit less)
  • Added by me, a squish of italian mixed herbs, a small dust of grated parmesan
[h=3]Preparation:[/h]
Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare pan (a 10X15 pan with sides works best) with oiled parchment paper or a silicone mat. ( Spray oiled a non stick swiss roll tin)

1) Mix dry ingredients well -- a whisk works well.

2) Add wet to dry, and combine well. Make sure there aren't obvious strings of egg white hanging out in the batter.

3) Let batter set for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken up some (leave it too long and it gets past the point where it's easy to spread.) (don't just pour it straight in the tin and let it settle there, it's like glue otherwise)

4) Pour batter onto pan. Because it's going to tend to mound in the middle, you'll get a more even thickness if you spread it away from the center somewhat, in roughly a rectangle an inch or two from the sides of the pan (you can go all the way to the edge, but it will be thinner).

5) Bake for about 20 minutes, until it springs back when you touch the top and/or is visibly browning even more than flax already is.(did mine for 14 mins in a fan assisted oven at just below 180c)

6) Cool and cut into whatever size slices you want. You don't need a sharp knife; I usually just cut it with a spatula. ( got about 8 large slices out of mine)Nutritional Information: Each of 12 servings has less than a gram of effective carbohydrate(.7 grams to be exact) plus 5 grams fiber, 6 grams protein, and 185 calories.

Photo to follow, if anything I'd make it in a smaller pan next time so I can cut the slices through the centre for more of a normal bread thickness

Wow Sarah, you've done incredible. Am sure you'll be seeing the 12s by the end of this week. Well done hun :hug99: xx

That bread sounds amazing LW, my mouth's watering just imagining it! :D :hug99: xx

Photo of my effort:

Flaxbread.jpg

You know Giggle thats exactly what I thought :479: but DH will be chuffed because it's very similar to Irish brown bread, which he missed an awful lot........spread with potato salad, thats exactly what I dont need right now!!':faint2:

You know Giggle thats exactly what I thought :479: but DH will be chuffed because it's very similar to Irish brown bread, which he missed an awful lot........spread with potato salad, thats exactly what I dont need right now!!':faint2:

Hope he appreciates :D

gigglepants said:
OMG that looks yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy am thinking with thickly spread real butter :drool: :gimi::ashamed0005: you can see why I need Exante can't you? :D

Omg it look heavenly! I can't wait to try this out! Thankyou lovely xxxx

Please feel free to share anymore of your low carb knowledge;) xxxx

Just had the most delicious cinnamon porridge cookies with a cinnamon vanilla latte.

I had two poached eggs this morning. I'm still losing hair so I think I need those few extra calories. I'll deal with the hair loss after the weightloss. I know it will come back and hopefully in better condition fingers crossed.

I'll have my last pack tonight. Still haven't got any tesco bars so I'm gonna buy a pack tonight. Also got keep fit later too :) thanks for your posts ladies, really helps with the motivation. I met up with a friend earlier and she said I look incredible :) which is lovely. I have 10 more days of exante till my weekend away which is what I've been slimming down for :) so excited to have a proper weekend off. I'm not going to be watching what I eat and I'm going to drink like a fish. I'll deal with the gain the following week. I also think it will give me a boost.

Right my lovelies. Must dash, I've got a bit of shopping and cleaning to do before school run xxxxxx

Bread spread with potato salad ??? yuk yuk and yuk !!!

Yep Hanleys Irish potato salad, it's mashed potato with spring onions and mayonnaise in, it's flaming delightful especially with a bit of grated cheese on it

You can see why I'm on S & S too really!!

OK Sarah so we're ready for the final push to the getaway weekend so exciting!!

I have a ton of low carb recipes, I made the fish goujons tonight inside the bread like a fishwich, just white fish dipped in egg then into the millled flax, which I had whacked salt and pepper into, spray a pan with frylight then oven at 190 for 20 mins, spray the top of the goujons as well and they go mega crunchy, he had is with salad and mayo as I'd run out of tartate sauce, I don't even like fish but it would work well with chicken and you'd have no idea it had less carbs in it than an exante shake!!

Loving the sound of the fish! I think I'm gonna be ok low carbing eating things like that.

It's soooo so so nice being on a forum where you're not told off by other posters for losing weight too fast lol, I read so many where your constantly reminded 1-2 lb a week and no more is the healthy way.

I'm loving having the eggs for breakfast, that means I can have 2 packs in the afternoon (usually together) then one pack at night. xx

Oh I'm sure you know you can eat like a king and still lose weight.

1-2 pounds a week just isn't for me I'm afraid, I'm kinda an all or nothing person, and I'm not staying on a diet for 5 years either!!

Are you S & S now Sarah?

Bread sounds incredible

No I'm using up my exante till I get to 12 something then heading onto Atkins where I can eat eat eat, bloody hell I'm so excited! Looking forward to induction and everything. Fish, chicken, steaks, butter! cheese, mayo, that delicious focaccia bread! Curries with cauli rice, roast lamb, BBQ's , garlic mushrooms, vodka & diet coke. Fried eggs, bacon & (some) sausages. Can't control the excitement. xxx

Back