NEW TO EXANTE!!

Hey Guys,

Well i have been up & down both emotionally & in terms of this diet and whatnot this week! Having troubles at home with the mr which really isn't helping! He has just got back from a year secondment & has now been told that he may be needed out in the states on a 2yr secondment next yr so we have been having many, not so pleasant, discussions surrounding that! So as you can tell I haven't been most faithful to this diet! Altho i have still been eating just one meal a day which is just a fish or meat with salad or veg.. But i have been attacking the nibbles unfortunately! I weighed myself this morning & i have gained a pound since my last weigh in Monday so I just want to shift this now! Hopefully once I start exercising this will all become easier! At least i'm sticking to the no carb meals i suppose! But yh doesnt look like i'm going to have a loss this wk :(

Hey Guys,

Well i have been up & down both emotionally & in terms of this diet and whatnot this week! Having troubles at home with the mr which really isn't helping! He has just got back from a year secondment & has now been told that he may be needed out in the states on a 2yr secondment next yr so we have been having many, not so pleasant, discussions surrounding that! So as you can tell I haven't been most faithful to this diet! Altho i have still been eating just one meal a day which is just a fish or meat with salad or veg.. But i have been attacking the nibbles unfortunately! I weighed myself this morning & i have gained a pound since my last weigh in Monday so I just want to shift this now! Hopefully once I start exercising this will all become easier! At least i'm sticking to the no carb meals i suppose! But yh doesnt look like i'm going to have a loss this wk :(

Hi Jade, hope things work out the way you would like! You've still done well to stick to the healthy evening meal and it's only 1 pound so you can quickly shift that. It's so hard not to eat when you feel stressed or upset isn't it?! I was pretty stressed last night and could have done with a glass of wine and usually would have poured one, but I just kept the fact that I am not where I want to be yet, so I don't want to let anything or anyone spoil my achievements so far. After all, I am the only one who will be left with the problem to deal with and I want to show everyone I can do this (because most people think I won't stick to it!). You may be surprised and by Monday have lost weight again x

Hey Kookie.
That's really nice that you have plans for your food break week. It gives you something to look forward to and aim towards :) Do you know where you're eating out? I'm sure you'll be fine and not gain. Just go for protein rich foods. Offering to drive is a great idea to avoid drinking. No one will be any the wiser! :)
You'll be at goal in no time and it'll all be worth it :)
I've had a good day thanks :) I did end up eating a low carb meal along with my exante packs as I cross trained again and I'm worried if I don't eat enough my body will refuse to drop any weight! As it can be stubborn like that! I had that problem on weight watchers for a bit.
Hope you're having a lovely eve :) Speak soon x

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Hi Sparkle, I am going to be eating at pub restaurants (one cheap and cheerful and one really good quality food). I had a look at the menus online last night and neither menu has low-cal options. The only options at the cheapy one without chips is mushroom stroganoff or chicken caesar salad (but can I bring myself to buy a salad when eating out, that is the question!). I just hope by the food break week that I have lost a decent amount of weight so that IF I can't control myself, that it won't put me back too far. It seems almost impossible to have a low carb meal when eating out, doesn't it? You are so good getting on the cross-trainer. That is on my next week's list of things to do. This week was to stop weighing myself daily and I managed that once :eek:, so next week adding little exercise is my next aim :)

Hey ladies,

The thread has been quiet the past few days.. How is everyone & their diets?

Mine was all swings and roundabouts last week and I gained 2 pounds :( But i'm back on the positive train today so fingers crossed for a much better week! The hubby and I have sorted our issues so I have no excuse anymore since I played the depression card last week aha!

Kookie how was your night out?

xx

Hey ladies,

The thread has been quiet the past few days.. How is everyone & their diets?

Mine was all swings and roundabouts last week and I gained 2 pounds :( But i'm back on the positive train today so fingers crossed for a much better week! The hubby and I have sorted our issues so I have no excuse anymore since I played the depression card last week aha!

Kookie how was your night out?

xx

Hi Jade - It has been quiet, hasn't it!? Glad to hear you are feeling more positive again - I'm sure now things have settled down you can focus once again. I am still managing to not eat anything! Can't really believe it myself - I don't know what's happened to me. Had periods of feeling quite hungry but usually have a coke or bouillon and that helps. Sick of this horrible taste in my mouth though - mouth freshener helps but not for long!! I lost 4 3/4lb this week, so I am really pleased. Just hope this week I can shift as much if not more! x

Hi Jade - It has been quiet, hasn't it!? Glad to hear you are feeling more positive again - I'm sure now things have settled down you can focus once again. I am still managing to not eat anything! Can't really believe it myself - I don't know what's happened to me. Had periods of feeling quite hungry but usually have a coke or bouillon and that helps. Sick of this horrible taste in my mouth though - mouth freshener helps but not for long!! I lost 4 3/4lb this week, so I am really pleased. Just hope this week I can shift as much if not more! x

WELL DONE!!! You are doing great!! you're a third of the way to where u want to be!!! Congrats!!!
Hopefully I can be better this wk and have a loss too! I've got all the exercise stuff out and have borrowed my nephews xbox as everyone is telling me that the xbox kinect is a great weight loss mechanism so i'm giving all things a try now!!

WELL DONE!!! You are doing great!! you're a third of the way to where u want to be!!! Congrats!!!
Hopefully I can be better this wk and have a loss too! I've got all the exercise stuff out and have borrowed my nephews xbox as everyone is telling me that the xbox kinect is a great weight loss mechanism so i'm giving all things a try now!!
Thank you!
I'm a bit worried about the food break week and what that will do to my weight, but maybe having that break will stop the boredom setting in too much and after a bit of proper food, hopefully I will be ready to start on the shakes again to get more weight off (please god hope I can do it after the break!). Good for you doing different types of exercise. My plan was to get on cross trainer this evening, but I'm feeling really grumpy and tired tonight (lack of sleep - not food!), so at the moment not really expecting to do it, but I'm hoping to get a bit of an energy lift later and hop on there for 20mins. How much exercise are you planning to do? x

Hey ladies
You're both doing fab!
Well done on your loss Kookie. Jade that gain and more will be gone this week! :)
I'm giving juddd a go now. It looks like a diet I can stick to so fingers crossed! xx

Hi Sparkle - thanks! I can't believe I have managed to do this, I really can't. I did consider doing the diet you are doing, but I was worried about my discipline and for me thought taking food totally out of the equation would be totally different to what I have tried in the past. How are you finding it? This is whats concerning me after the food break week - will I have the willpower and determination to do what I have done so far and go back to totally shakes again! I really hope so because if I can lose the same amount I could possibly be the weight I am aiming for by Christmas (I suppose that's the incentive I must keep in my head!). How's your exercise regime going? x

Jade - are you doing the food break week next week? If so, are you planning to cut carbs out totally or just have a little? I'm not sure how much carb we are allowed to keep weight same. I'm not expecting to lose anything or is there a possibility we can still lose weight on food break week? I have to say I'm a bit confused about that week!

Hey Kookie
I'm so impressed with how you've stuck with it :) I think you'll be at goal by Christmas. You seem so focused and determined :) Just keep that end result in your head. You'll be there before you know it :)
I think you may even lose weight on the food week too. I've read that some people do :)
The exercise is going great thanks. I did 5 x 30 minutes on the cross trainer last week. Aiming for the same again this week.
I only started juddd yesterday but so far so good. Yesterday was a low calorie down day and I used 465 calories. It was surprising how much I could make those calories stretch. Today is an up day :) I like how you only have to get through one hard down day and have the lovely up day to look forward to the next day. I'm sure you would of done well with it if you'd tried it. I think when you are determined to lose the weight you will stick to a diet whatever it is. But exante seems to have clicked with you which is fab! :)
Hope you have a lovely day. Speak soon xx

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement - I hope I can keep it up! You are doing so well with the exercise. I did just over 20mins on cross trainer last night and I felt quite tired to start with, so hope I will soon build up some stamina again! The diet you are doing sounds as though it suits you well, so that's good. Do you get given a list of the calorie content of foods? I remember years ago my mum used to have a little book with all the calories in foods - it would be handy to have something like that now for me! I suppose we are lucky that packets/food containers show alot of the info we need, but it would be useful for simple stuff that doesn't come in packets. :)

Hey Ladies
You're very quiet. Hope you're having a good week :) xx

Hi Sparkle - still plodding on! Counting the days now until I can have a bit of proper food after almost 3 wks now! Only managed to go on cross trainer twice so far this week, but better than not at all, I suppose :) When are you due for a weigh in next? Bet you are excited to see how the new diet is working in comparison to Exante? x

A bit disappointed today as only lost 1 3/4lb this week (weight didn't change all over the weekend). Starting on food break week today, so maybe that will boost the metabolism (I'm hoping). I had a small chinese takeaway on Saturday night but weighed same on Sunday as I did Friday and Saturday, so don't think it did me any harm! Shocked how little I could eat before I felt full though, so time to adjust portion sizes this week and up the exercise too. Fingers crossed next week it might be alot more than 1 3/4lb!!
How are things going with you Sparkle?
And Jade, where are you?? How is it going? x

Hey Ladies!

I guess I have been hiding away in my cave of doom avoiding judging eyes lol since I have not been doing too well at all and have actually put 4lb back on since stopping the total solution!! So guess what.. as of today I am back on it! I'm about to have my first shake of the day in a min! Don't know if I will stick solely to exante products but I definitely will try! Although my taste buds now disapprove the banana shake leaving me with only the strawberry one to survive on! Even if I only survive 5 days like before I hope to lose a lot of weight in those 5 days to get me back on the straight and narrow! This is becoming another one of my failed attempts at a diet and I'm not going to allow that!!

I will keep checking in more often! Kookie you are doing soooo well keep going hun :)

Hey Ladies!

I guess I have been hiding away in my cave of doom avoiding judging eyes lol since I have not been doing too well at all and have actually put 4lb back on since stopping the total solution!! So guess what.. as of today I am back on it! I'm about to have my first shake of the day in a min! Don't know if I will stick solely to exante products but I definitely will try! Although my taste buds now disapprove the banana shake leaving me with only the strawberry one to survive on! Even if I only survive 5 days like before I hope to lose a lot of weight in those 5 days to get me back on the straight and narrow! This is becoming another one of my failed attempts at a diet and I'm not going to allow that!!

I will keep checking in more often! Kookie you are doing soooo well keep going hun :)

Hi Jade, glad you are back! The main thing is you are not giving up! It's not an easy diet to do and especially with the colder weather - I think automatically we start craving comfort food, but keep going and we can reward ourselves a little at Christmas! I woke up feeling a bit worried this morning incase I had put on weight, as started food break week yesterday, but still weigh the same (thankfully!). I am going to weigh in every day this week to keep a check on things. I did a full 20mins on the cross trainer last night and plan to do at least 4 times this week, so hope I won't put any weight on now I am eating again. I had a small piece of steak with veg, it was fine, but to be honest wasn't overly bothered like I usually am when eating! I think having that big break from food has definitely made my appetite smaller, so guess my job is to keep portion size down from now on. Such a shame you only like the strawberry shake, as to have a bit of variety would help. I seem to be having alot of vanilla at the minute, just love it now! I add coffee to it sometimes too! Main aims this week: up the exercise, keep drinking the water and practice eating smaller evening meal! Hope you have a good day - speak to you later x

Hey ladies
Just popping in quickly. I've been so ill with flu this week. Diet has gone out of the window! I've definitely gained. I'm going to start a new diary in the Juddd section on here Monday when I'm hopefully better! Fresh start!
Well done on your loss Kookie! Exercise plans sound great.
Good to see you back Jade! :)
Hope you're both having a good week :) xx

Hi Sparkle - poor you! Hope you feel better soon! I'm on my food break week this week and so far going well. I am managing to have small portions and leaving the table feeling as though I could eat more, but not doing so! I did indulge in a pudding last night as I went out with work friends, but when I got on scales this morning I had lost weight, so maybe I did need just to boost my metabolism...I shall see on Monday! Just going to get on the cross trainer now, only doing 20 mins though as can't say I enjoy it particularly and want to do something that I know I can manage in the future too. Get well soon! x

Hey Kookie..

Sorry for my absence (again) I've fallen quite ill with the flu and an ear infection and have been bed bound since Thursday! I've had to take another day off work today but hopefully I should be back up and running tomorrow as I feel better than I did a few days ago but I'm still not 100%!

I am back down to my original 8lb weight loss though! Although I cannot take credit for this as a lot of it is to do with being sick and not eating aha! But I plan on restarting the total solution tomorrow (don't want to start when I'm not feeling 100% as it is going to be hard enough as it is lol). I have a few work christmas socials coming up so I figured if I do the total solution on all the other days I should balance out the bad days and hopefully still have a loss!

Hey Kookie..

Sorry for my absence (again) I've fallen quite ill with the flu and an ear infection and have been bed bound since Thursday! I've had to take another day off work today but hopefully I should be back up and running tomorrow as I feel better than I did a few days ago but I'm still not 100%!

I am back down to my original 8lb weight loss though! Although I cannot take credit for this as a lot of it is to do with being sick and not eating aha! But I plan on restarting the total solution tomorrow (don't want to start when I'm not feeling 100% as it is going to be hard enough as it is lol). I have a few work christmas socials coming up so I figured if I do the total solution on all the other days I should balance out the bad days and hopefully still have a loss!
Hi Jade - poor you! Hope you soon feel completely better. Good luck for tomorrow. I'm back on Total again today, having just had food break week last week. I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to do it, but today has gone fine - just hope I can get the willpower I had at first to keep it going for the next 3 weeks again. I only lost 1/4 lb last week, but I did have 2 meals out and some sweets (!), so am glad that I still actually managed to lose rather than gain or even stay the same. Hoping for a better loss this week now my metabolism has had a boost :) Like you, I have a couple of social events coming up so I shall just try to be sensible on those evenings. I think I will find it hard this week not having an evening meal, but needs must! x

Hi, I have got on really well using Exante. I have never lost this much weight doing any other diet and although it's hard to start with, you do become used to it but does require alot of effort and commitment (something I don't usually have!). I am having a break now for Christmas, but intend to start again to lose my remaining weight. Good luck with it!

Back