NEW TO EXANTE!!

Hi Jade, sorry I've only just logged on tonight, but I can see now you have heard from Exante - can't believe nobody else had spotted the mistakes and reported it!! Oh well, at least we know now its 3 wks on and 1 week with adding a meal plus 3 packs a day. I'm not thinking about after Xmas yet as I want to see how I am managing sticking to this over the next weeks plus how much weight I can lose by then! :) How's your day been? Have you managed to get all 3 meals in today? I think I might be in ketosis as although been a little bit hungry, I've still yet to have my third pack! I just couldn't keep off the scales again today though - they are just to tempting every morning!! You are so good resisting! x

I just did something really bad and had a bag of crisps... :( i'm so disappointed as I was doing so well!! The sick feeling was just so unbearable! I think from monday I am going to switch to the working solution - total for 3 wks really wont work for me i dont think :( i need real foood.. i just won't have carbs.. I hope those crisps don't take me out of ketosis :(
Hi Jade, I don't think you should panic. My daughter is also doing Exante and she has also been having bits of food during the evening and still managed to lose weight! If you are feeling sick with hunger then maybe you should be listening to your body and having a little something. I guess having something higher protein as opposed to carbs will be a better choice, but doubt you have done any harm. Did you manage to have all 3 meal packs today? I have found saving a piece of bar for the evening a real help x

Hey Kookie,

I'm really disappointed in myself for cheating but as I said I couldn't bear the sick feeling and had a moment of weakness! I think I am going to follow the working solution from Monday and just have a meal a day! Although I have quite a lot of weight to shift I don't think cutting out food completely will work for me.. I don't know.. I'm just going to see how I feel whenI wake up tomorrow but I do think I will end up cracking and completely binging if I don't listen to my body! Hopefully the willpower I have had all week will re-emerge tomorrow! Today has just been a crappy day all over for me, had a few tiffs with ppl at work and also with a close friend (I think the diet is making me snappy) so coming home and eating what I just did just sums up my whole night I suppose!

Morning Kookie :) I'm really good thanks. Decided to weigh myself and see what gain I'd have from yesterday and I've actually lost quarter of a pound. Not much but I expected a gain so yay! I've decided I'm going to try to do Monday - Wednesday on exante each week until my packs run out, then just be healthy other days and exercise. My own little plan. I'm going to weigh again next Friday and see if that works for me. No more peeking at the scales! I think it should work as while I've been stopping and starting exante in the last month I've lost nearly a stone. I was 12 stone 7 on my first attempt and I'm now 11st 7.75 lbs :) So at least the weight is coming off.
You've done so well to get to day 5! I'm so impressed :) Have you any signs of ketosis yet?
That stuff about alcohol worried me a bit too as I do like my wine! I think as long as you have a fairly high carb packed day before you drink most people are fine. That seemed to be the general advice I found when looking at posts on it. I also looked at the weight gain after a vlcd ketosis diet and you are expected to gain about 4lbs back when you refeed but this won't be fat! Think it's fluids or something like that. Slim & save have a good guide for refeeding on their website. Try not to worry. It will all be fine and you're doing great :) Have a lovely day :) xx

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Hi Sparkle, well done on the loss again! It's obviously working for you which is all that matters. How are you going to manage not to get on the scales til next Friday? I just can't resist but as you said to Jade it will be more exciting on Monday if we can keep off them! I will try my very hardest to keep off them Sat & Sun. I think I might be in ketosis (not sure), I still feel hungry at times but so far have only had 2 packs today, so going to have my bar and maybe coke zero in a while. Had a terrible nights sleep going over all this last night, but now I know when the food break week is, and you have all put my mind at rest about the alcohol and introducing carbs again, then at the minute I'm happy to carry on for as long as necessary. I don't want lots of alcohol but a couple of glasses of wine Christmas Day would be nice! Have a nice evening! I'm going to log-off shortly as been virtually glued to this laptop for the past few evenings. Speak to you soon x:)

Don't beat yourself up! If we were doing the other solutions we would be having more calories and I doubt the calories in a bag of crisps were any where near what we could be having! I'm the same as you, wondering if I can last the full 3 wks of no real food, but ideally that's what I want to do. I'm trying to focus on the fact that its only a short time and the benefits will come sooner! But, having said that we could still lose weight by adding a meal. So one day at a time. I have also been short-tempered and snapping at my family- maybe its just our bodies adjusting to ketosis so hopefully should settle down?! A good night's sleep is in order I think as every thing seems much better when we aren't tired x

Hi everyone! I've just started this today. I lost weight for my wedding in the past using CD and found it really easy (amazing how much willpower I mustered when I had a dress I HAD to fit into!). I gained some when I had my little boy and since then have lost/gained/messed about with various diets and it's about time I just knucked down and did it for once. Weirdly I'm finding it really motivating to keep telling myself that "I'll be a stone lighter this Christmas!" so I guess I must work better with a deadline.

I have about a weeks worth of packs left from a non-starting attempt I made at the beginning of the year which works out perfectly because from Nov 14th postage for Exante orders is going to be free apparently. I've had my 3 shakes today, 3l of water and I'm genuinely looking forward to cracking on. No more feeling lumpy and bumpy at the Christmas parties! Hope to keep up with everyone here x
Hi Lucky and welcome! Be good to talk to you as you have already done this type of diet before. How are you finding the taste of the packs compared to CD? Unfortunately, I almost gave up as hated the soups but have now decided to stick to shakes and bars and cannot believe I am actually sticking to this - just hope I can continue being this determined :)

I've done CD and preferred their shakes, the porridge is about the same but they also have little milkshake cartons you can take to work etc which I used to love!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh cartons to take to work would be handy! I've got one of those shaker things but not used it yet as using my hand blender - monday will be when it comes into action - just hoping with a good ole salsa move it will blend it all up!

vee x

The main difference that I can remember between the 2 is that CD's shakes were sweeter than Exante's (but that's easily fixed by adding a couple of sweeteners!) The bigger varieties of flavours was nice sometimes too (choc orange! yum!) but i'm pretty sure that being hung up on constantly being lured in by tasty food is what got me here in the first place!
I like all of the Exante soups but couldn't stand the CD Spicy tomato soup - didn't taste of much and a huge faff to make! I guess the main benefit of CD was that you could 100% choose your order so if you didn't like something you just didn't have to face it but I think the extra cost for what's essentially the same product doesn't make that worth it (I'm sure i'd feel differently if I didn't like all of the Exante products!) I also hated having to face a CDC every week.

I seem to be stuck with about a weeks worth of soups from the last bumper pack I got (soups and shakes) and I'm guessing this is because the shakes are so much easier to whip up on the go. I think next order I'm going to try just the shakes and bars. I've tried the Tesco bars but not these so I hope I'm not making a huge mistake there but at least I know I'm safe with the shakes and I can even have them warm if I really want to.

Hello ladies! So a week in n I'm throwing in the towel just wanted to wish you all every success!

Il be joint a slimming works group next week n have to go the route of slow b steady.

I'm a chronic migraine sufferer but yesterday had a random nose bleed quite a big one in the middle of an open plan office (embarrassing!) never had one before. It was short lived but later I had thee most intense migraine had to call a locus n spent the night in hospital on anti sickness meds to keep down the migraine meds n fluids n IV everything lol! So needless to say I'm not continuing with such a strict regime ATM

On that note please don't think any of this was caused by exante as it wasn't, it's just a condition I live with that's clearly worsening!

All the best ladies x

Aww shell so sorry you had that experience :( hope you are feeling better soon and good luck with your new diet xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey ladies,

So after my TERRIBLE night last night I never woke up much more motivated and pinched a bikkie this morning (just the one mind) and that is all I have had all day! I decided to get on the scales just now and guess what.. I've lost 10lb :eek: I think this is the motivation I seriously needed as I bounced out of the bathroom all smiles telling everyone I'm sticking to this aha! I have decided to do what I said yday though and have one no carb meal a day on days where I am hungry! On days where I feel fine I will stick to the 3 replacement meals but I think to keep my sanity and to avoid days like yday everywk this is the best way forward for me.. so I guess I am doing a mix of the total and working solution! I'll try and do more total days than working though and see where that gets me .. but 10lbs in one week has got me grinning ear to ear :D

Hi all - Im new to this forum :) I'm 18 years old and I'm 5 ft 4 wanting to lose about 3-4 stones. I'll hopefully be starting on Monday the 12th of November 2012 - But buddies are needed please! Especially youngsters around my age. Please join me! :) Best of luck everyone and thankyou!

Hi Shax-X - I'm starting Monday too but a bit old at 37 rather than 18! Best of luck with it - I'm sure we'll do great!

Hope everyone is well and on track!

Hello ladies! So a week in n I'm throwing in the towel just wanted to wish you all every success!

Il be joint a slimming works group next week n have to go the route of slow b steady.

I'm a chronic migraine sufferer but yesterday had a random nose bleed quite a big one in the middle of an open plan office (embarrassing!) never had one before. It was short lived but later I had thee most intense migraine had to call a locus n spent the night in hospital on anti sickness meds to keep down the migraine meds n fluids n IV everything lol! So needless to say I'm not continuing with such a strict regime ATM

On that note please don't think any of this was caused by exante as it wasn't, it's just a condition I live with that's clearly worsening!

All the best ladies x

Good luck with your new diet x

Hey ladies,

So after my TERRIBLE night last night I never woke up much more motivated and pinched a bikkie this morning (just the one mind) and that is all I have had all day! I decided to get on the scales just now and guess what.. I've lost 10lb :eek: I think this is the motivation I seriously needed as I bounced out of the bathroom all smiles telling everyone I'm sticking to this aha! I have decided to do what I said yday though and have one no carb meal a day on days where I am hungry! On days where I feel fine I will stick to the 3 replacement meals but I think to keep my sanity and to avoid days like yday everywk this is the best way forward for me.. so I guess I am doing a mix of the total and working solution! I'll try and do more total days than working though and see where that gets me .. but 10lbs in one week has got me grinning ear to ear :D

So pleased for you Jade! Well done - 10lbs and its only day 6!! It's something that I keep battling with in my head about getting on the scales on a daily basis, on the one hand it could make you feel deflated if only a small loss (that happened to me few days back), but to see a good loss can be all the motivation you need to make you realise this is all for something, and for we are heading in the right direction at a good pace (unlike other diets) and that all too soon we can be what we want to be! So chuffed for you! Ive been v. grumpy today and snappy and it didn't help having to go to supermarket and smell the lovely bread etc etc, but I had a mug of bouillon tonight and I loved it - just like a cup-a-soup really but it was very nice, so I feel a bit brighter now and coupled with the fact that I have now lost 6.5lbs this week I should be motivated to keep on. It's hard being the weekend, as usually I love a takeaway and my sweets (!), but I keep telling myself that one day soon I can have a nice curry (smaller portion of course) and really enjoy it - just a short time out of of our lives to look great :) Good ideal adding a meal when you feel that you really need it - going to make it much more achievable. I shall do the same when/if I feel I am starting to struggle x

Last edited:
Hi all - Im new to this forum :) I'm 18 years old and I'm 5 ft 4 wanting to lose about 3-4 stones. I'll hopefully be starting on Monday the 12th of November 2012 - But buddies are needed please! Especially youngsters around my age. Please join me! :) Best of luck everyone and thankyou!
Hi Shaz, good luck for Monday! Here to offer support if you need it, I'm over 40, but still feel 18 :). I shall be starting week 2 when you start and I can tell you it really helps me to chat to people on here going through the same thing and picking up tips. Best of luck x

thank you.. I grilled some chicken breast tonight and had that with some lettuce! Only thing I ate though and only had a few mouthfuls before getting full! Definitely going back to the replacements though! The scales have motivated me :) we can do this :)

Hi Jade, feeling really annoyed/confused this morning. Sadly I couldn't keep off the scales today and apparently I have put on 1.5lbs overnight! Then I got on the scales another 4 times and then it changed and read that I have put on 1.25lbs since yesterday! So now I'm wondering how on earth have I put on weight and also that my scales are rubbish!! The only thing I did differently yesterday was having 2 buillon drinks! No food. Could it be time of the month approaching I'm wondering?? How are you today? x

Back