NEW TO EXANTE!!

Hi Jade, feeling really annoyed/confused this morning. Sadly I couldn't keep off the scales today and apparently I have put on 1.5lbs overnight! Then I got on the scales another 4 times and then it changed and read that I have put on 1.25lbs since yesterday! So now I'm wondering how on earth have I put on weight and also that my scales are rubbish!! The only thing I did differently yesterday was having 2 buillon drinks! No food. Could it be time of the month approaching I'm wondering?? How are you today? x

Hi Kookie,

I got back on the scales this morning to see how my meal last night had affected me and i've put a pound back on apparently! But unlike you I do have something to blame it on! I think you could put yours down to the approach of totm though! I still think I am going to follow my original plan and do a mixture of total and working solutions as I am likely to be following this diet or a diet for a while as I have quite a few st to lose unlike you! If possible I would tell you to stick at it as you could very well be at your goal weight by christmas whereas I don't think this diet will work for me in the long run unless I switch it up a bit..

Hi Jade, feeling really annoyed/confused this morning. Sadly I couldn't keep off the scales today and apparently I have put on 1.5lbs overnight! Then I got on the scales another 4 times and then it changed and read that I have put on 1.25lbs since yesterday! So now I'm wondering how on earth have I put on weight and also that my scales are rubbish!! The only thing I did differently yesterday was having 2 buillon drinks! No food. Could it be time of the month approaching I'm wondering?? How are you today? x

Hey, my weight fluctuates daily. Sometimes I'm heavier than I was the day before, even when I've only had Exante products!

Hey Ladies,

So I lost 8lb in total during week one :) would've been more had I not have slipped up a few times over the weekend :( but 8lb is still good (I think)

8lbs is brilliant! You should be very proud of that!

Thanks guys :)

Hey Ladies,

So I lost 8lb in total during week one :) would've been more had I not have slipped up a few times over the weekend :( but 8lb is still good (I think)
Hi Jade - well done, that is brilliant!! :clap:
I lost 5.25lbs (I feel a bit disappointed for some reason - I think I was expecting more because of being a new type of diet and expecting miracles :)) but there again, if I had lost 5lbs on any other diet I would have been more than pleased. So onwards and downwards :) I suppose I have to take totm into consideration and make a judgement after a whole month to see how things are going.I'm finding that I'm not as hungry but still getting rumbling tummy and was v snappy still over the weekend -ok today so far! Hows your day going? x

Hi Jade - well done, that is brilliant!! :clap:
I lost 5.25lbs (I feel a bit disappointed for some reason - I think I was expecting more because of being a new type of diet and expecting miracles :)) but there again, if I had lost 5lbs on any other diet I would have been more than pleased. So onwards and downwards :) I suppose I have to take totm into consideration and make a judgement after a whole month to see how things are going.I'm finding that I'm not as hungry but still getting rumbling tummy and was v snappy still over the weekend -ok today so far! Hows your day going? x

I wasn't expecting to lose more than 5 tbh.. I've been happy with 8lb loss in a month on other diets aha! Also don't forget i'm a lot bigger than you so the weight will drop off me easier til I reach a certain stage! But congrats!!

Well i've decided to introduce a meal as I said so today I had a strawberry shake for breakfast and for lunch I got a salmon salad but wasn't able to finish it all! I will have a shake for dinner later too :)
I know my weight loss won't be as great but hopefully I will still lose something this way! Good going with the 100% though, you're doing really well :D

I wasn't expecting to lose more than 5 tbh.. I've been happy with 8lb loss in a month on other diets aha! Also don't forget i'm a lot bigger than you so the weight will drop off me easier til I reach a certain stage! But congrats!!

Well i've decided to introduce a meal as I said so today I had a strawberry shake for breakfast and for lunch I got a salmon salad but wasn't able to finish it all! I will have a shake for dinner later too :)
I know my weight loss won't be as great but hopefully I will still lose something this way! Good going with the 100% though, you're doing really well :D

Thanks! I'm going to keep going with the TS until I can't bear it any more! I'm worried that if I start having food that it will be a slippery slope and that I won't be able to stop picking! - another reason why I am worrying about the food week break! But these are the lessons I am learning about myself, so hopefully I can start addressing them! It will be interesting to see what loss you get now you are adding a meal (whether it will make much difference), either way you must do what suits you best, otherwise it will just be too difficult to stick to. Does it feel odd getting full so quickly? Also, now you are having 'real' food, has it tempted you to eat anything else other than the meal? x

Things are good thanks Kookie. I feel so much better. I did slip up a little bit on the weekend (wine!) but I'm back on track today and planning on lots of exercise this week to make up for it. Hopefully I'll get a bit of a loss by Friday.
How are you finding it now? Has the hunger gone? :) xx

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins
That's good that you are feeling better! I must admit I did realise that my brain automatically thinks 'wine' on Friday and Saturday nights - suppose it's just a habit. Exercise is one thing I really want to increase after this week. Was going to do 20mins on cross trainer but to be honest I have only done it once, maybe twice! So once I'm not feeling quite so tired I really must try harder, as I want exercise to be part of my 'new habits' once the weight has gone. I cannot believe I have stuck to this - I must really want it this time. I would assume by now I am in ketosis, so maybe that's helping. I have made roast dinners, sat and watched my hubby eat choc, drink wine and lovely fresh crusty bread etc, but I'm just telling myself that I am not ready yet, and once I get there, I can have some - in moderation though!! I am still getting feelings of hunger and my stomach is so noisy! Someone at work heard it today and asked me if it was me haha! :)

Yeah i'm interested to see what my weight loss will be too! Well just now a picked at the kids bag of crisps they left on the side unfinished until I realised what I was doing!! Old habits die hard I suppose!! I'm actually still not hungry after my light salmon salad at lunch but I guess i'll try having the shake a bit later maybe.. I've decided to do 2 shakes a day & a meal a day when needed.. I know I wont lose as much as I could or at least not at the pace I could on exante but hopefully I still lose something!! I was just sitting here thinking I know I'm more than likely to put this all back on when I go to New York next month to visit the in laws lol as they aren't home cookers and prefer to eat out most nights! So 2 wks out there is going to be a real test (although I wont be dieting during those 2 wks i'm still goimg to try eat in moderation lol)

I think I can officially say I'm sick of soups now! Day 4 and I've had one for every meal! I'm waiting until the 14th before I order any thing else because it'll be free delivery then but it can't come soon enough! I picked up a pack of the Tesco Ultraslim bars to shake things up a little until then (we are still allowed them aren't we?).

I had my last pack waaay too early today and now I'm really jonesing for something to fill me up :-( I've had a bouillon drink and now I'm glugging the last of my water - I'm gonna be back and forth to the loo all night!

Yeah i'm interested to see what my weight loss will be too! Well just now a picked at the kids bag of crisps they left on the side unfinished until I realised what I was doing!! Old habits die hard I suppose!! I'm actually still not hungry after my light salmon salad at lunch but I guess i'll try having the shake a bit later maybe.. I've decided to do 2 shakes a day & a meal a day when needed.. I know I wont lose as much as I could or at least not at the pace I could on exante but hopefully I still lose something!! I was just sitting here thinking I know I'm more than likely to put this all back on when I go to New York next month to visit the in laws lol as they aren't home cookers and prefer to eat out most nights! So 2 wks out there is going to be a real test (although I wont be dieting during those 2 wks i'm still goimg to try eat in moderation lol)

Old habits certainly do die hard! This is the trouble with diets, they just don't fit in with 'life', do they!? I've declined invitations already, so that I can stick to this, but as you are going on holiday, you can't exactly do that. Just enjoy yourself and at least you know you can get back on to it when you get home. Maybe there will be healthy choices when you eat out so might not be as bad as you think. Think I might have a bouillon soon - have you tried it yet? I actually really like it. Tomorrow's test for me: Do NOT stand on the scales!!:)

I think I can officially say I'm sick of soups now! Day 4 and I've had one for every meal! I'm waiting until the 14th before I order any thing else because it'll be free delivery then but it can't come soon enough! I picked up a pack of the Tesco Ultraslim bars to shake things up a little until then (we are still allowed them aren't we?).

I had my last pack waaay too early today and now I'm really jonesing for something to fill me up :-( I've had a bouillon drink and now I'm glugging the last of my water - I'm gonna be back and forth to the loo all night!
Hi Lucky, well done for getting to day 4! I could not stomach the soups one bit, so you have done amazingly in my eyes! :) I am sticking to shakes and bars but I have no idea which other brands of bars you can have. I like the Exante ones, luckily! How do you find the bouillon? I really love it and can't believe we are allowed it cos it actually tastes so nice :) You might be able to find out which bars by searching on this forum somewhere because I have read other people mentioning other brands (just can't remember which ones)!

Well my stomach is rumbling like crazy today! My taste buds seem to have rebelled against the banana shakes now which pretty much only leaves me with the strawberry shakes :( I sold my bars as I was thinking may be better to just do the shakes since I'm allowing myself a meal the odd days.. I stepped on the scales today and saw that I have somehow put 2lb back on! I'm hopefully going to leave this to weight fluctuation and stop stepping on them daily!! I really need to regain the determination that I had early last week, it is slowly but surely deteriorating :(

Have you tried any of the other shakes warm? Chocolate or vanilla (maybe with a bit of coffee to make a latte)? I find that it can really change the flavour of them. I've heard it suggested that you make the chocolate with mint tea so it becomes mint chocolate or even to mix different powders together so you'd make a banana choc?

Morning Kookie
Yes I think my brain thinks wine on the weekend automatically too!
You are doing so well resisting roasts etc and actually preparing them too without having any.
I'm doing exante for 3 days now. I had a low carb day yesterday and exercised.
I think you should listen to your body and exercise when you feel ready. I've read you get a surge of energy when your body adjusts to ketosis. So that's probably the time to start :) xx

I'm surprised I haven't picked at any food when cooking for the family, to be honest. This is so unlike me - I can't even believe it myself! I just hope this is all worth it because I was a bit disappointed when I weighed in Monday. You are so good exercising, I really wanted to do my cross trainer but felt a bit run-down last night (lack of sleep), so have decided to do once I've had a few good nights sleep. Glad things going well for you x

Well my stomach is rumbling like crazy today! My taste buds seem to have rebelled against the banana shakes now which pretty much only leaves me with the strawberry shakes :( I sold my bars as I was thinking may be better to just do the shakes since I'm allowing myself a meal the odd days.. I stepped on the scales today and saw that I have somehow put 2lb back on! I'm hopefully going to leave this to weight fluctuation and stop stepping on them daily!! I really need to regain the determination that I had early last week, it is slowly but surely deteriorating :(
Hi Jade, I didn't like the vanilla shake at first, so added tsp of coffee to it but I can now drink without. Not sure if there is anything you could add to the banana one?? I definitely think daily weighing is to be avoided because if you are like me, it could make you feel very disappointed and as if things are pointless. How about using half the contents of a choc shake pack and mixing it with half of a banana shake pack and making choc/banana flavour?? Just a thought...x

Hey Kookie. You are in the zone hun! Amazing not picking at food when making it for the family. You're so focused.
I know what you mean about the scales. I'm a serial weigher! I always gain after the weekend (wine and nibbles usually to blame). But as long as I'm good it usually levels out by my weigh in Friday. So the gain almost motivates me.
I'd definitely wait until you feel ready to exercise as you're on such low calories now.
I think you should get a great loss Monday as you've been so good :) xx

Thanks Sparkle - I hope I get a better weight loss next week, I really do! I have booked a night out to catch up with family on my food week break and then along came a work's night out in the same week, so I really must be careful what I eat then (although I know the calorie content will be higher than recommended). I am worried that I will put alot on by eating out twice. I shall have to stick to one-course and no alcohol. I shall offer to drive and that can be my excuse! I can't wait to be the weight I want to be so that I can feel that life isn't all about this (I feel that I live and breath Exante just lately!). How's your day been? x

Back