New to lipotrim

Kateweston

Hi everyone, I'm Kate and i just started on the lipotrim programme today. It's going ok so far. Just wondered weather anyone had any ideas on what i could do with my sachets to make my 'meals' more interesting. I used a vanilla shake mixed with coffee, rwo sweetners and hot water. It was like drinking a big cup of milky coffee to start the day of. Also at what times during the day do you usually have your sachets?

Sorry for all these questions.

Kate

Hi Kate and welcome to the forum. I usually have my shakes at 8am, 1.30pm and 5.30pm. Just like my normal meal times really. I don't do a lot with my shakes as I quite like them plain, the strawberry and chocolate anyway.

Keep logging on here for support, it's so good on here. Wouldn't have got this far without it.

Good luck, it does get easier the longer you do it.

Hi and Welcome to the forum, good luck on your lipotrim journey. I also make a large mug of peppermint tea with 2 sweetners and add that to the chocolate shake. I also mix half chocolate and half vanilla to make a milky choccy drink, thats my favourite at the moment.
I tend to have shakes around 11am, 4-5pm and 9pm. I have to change slightly as I do 2 nightshifts out of every 8 days, so I just move them forward a couple of hours.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have as someone will always pop in and out to answer your queries. All the best hun.

Hi and welcome Kate, This is only my second day but this site is really helping me. Just knowing that other have got through the first week and still continuing makes me want to carry on. Sorry I cant give you any ideas for different things to do with the sachets i am just having them as they are. I think i will try the Vanilla with coffee though. Did you have it hot. Good luck.

I don't do anything to the shakes. They are supposed to be bland. It's part of retraining your tastebuds, and losing your sweet-tooth cravings.

I take them generally at 1pm, 6pm and 10pm. (I split the man-size shakes into three portions, because I find it's easier to get through the day that way.)

:welcome:

I prefer my shakes really cold. My fav is the coffee and vanilla at the moment but mixing the choc with peppermint tea is lovely too.

I have mine at 9.30am, 1.30pm and 5.30-6.30pm. Later at the weekend as I'm a lazy bum and don't get up :)

Think I'm going off to try Kered's milky choc drink, that sounds yum.

Good luck!

I have all mine hot at the moment find I dont get as cold.I have mine at 9 3 and 8.I found splitting my shakes for the 1st few weeks helped me.Good Luck

having the chocolate hot with mint tea, vanilla (when i can stomach it cold) and the soup very hot with salt n pepper..and lots of hot water as well cause im finding it easier to drink it hot/warm than cold, probably cause of the weather :)

Harriet, you are not supposed to add salt to your chicken soup, although some people do. My Pharmacist recommends only pepper, chilli flakes or paprika to the soup.
I dont have the problem though, as thats the only shake I cant hack.....yeuch.

Hi Kate and welcome. As you can see everyone is so different in how they do their shakes. We all have different tastes. I am quite into the peanut flapjacks at the moment,they do have an acquired taste though. I tend to have mine around 9,2 & 7.30. Good luck and we are all in the same boat so feel free to ask,there's always some one on hand offering great advice.

Welcome and good luck. I can only have vanilla shakes mixed with very cold water. XX

Hi and welcome Kate, This is only my second day but this site is really helping me. Just knowing that other have got through the first week and still continuing makes me want to carry on. Sorry I cant give you any ideas for different things to do with the sachets i am just having them as they are. I think i will try the Vanilla with coffee though. Did you have it hot. Good luck.

Hi Slimbee,
I had it hot and apart feom a few lumps it was quite nice. Definatley try it.

Kate

hi kate, i like to add a tiny amount of dried curry powder to the soup, it really warms you when you come home from work of a night. like you i add a spoonfull of coffee to the vanilla but drink it cold like an iced coffee, its really nice. i have my first one about 10-30 am then my second around 2pm then the soup for my tea after work around 7-30pm.
x

I don't do anything to the shakes. They are supposed to be bland. It's part of retraining your tastebuds, and losing your sweet-tooth cravings.

Really? I don't think anyone adds sweetners or sugar to the shakes which would indicate sweet toothedness...I am sure when you cook, you don't not add spices and herbs and even a little salt afterwards to flavour the food?! What abou tbland puddings, ewww! The shakes can taste any way you want them to, I added coffee, cocoa powder and also vanilla essence to them....pepper to the soups and herbs if needs be...the sweet ones don't need any more sweetening obviously...but one can add peppermint tea, etc to add flavour...

Food is not meant to be bland in my book I am afraid, and that means meal replacements too...been there done that and perferred to add things to make them more palatable...if food was bland we wouldn't want to eat it to refuel would we...thought eating was supposed to be pleasureable...and I am sure lipotrim and lighterlife and Cambridge are not meant as punishments...they are meant as abstinence from food, which is the addiction...that is what I was lead to believe...

I think what John meant (and what my pharmasist says)

Is the shakes etc are meant to be bland to cleanse the pallet, to stop cravings for different tastes of food.. and also to help after with craving lots of foods

Hmmm, I don't think adding spices and things makes any difference to cravings (we drink coffee, tea and add flavourings to food anyway) as it is those carbs that the body craves...sugar and white flour, goo and more goo as well as just junk and those certainly don't get added to make them taste better in any case! Junk, etc are totally cut out. John seems to be making the whole diet thing like some big sacrificial punishment...from other posts I have read...and if that is the case, then success in losing weight and maintaining it are not going to be great...fact...

hi kate

hope all is going ok with the diet

stick with it, its well worth it

Back