New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Doubt your tonsils will be to do with your weight really. Definitely go get it checked out!

It snowed again last night though don't remember us being forecast snow. Fair bit down on the ground but main roads are probably (hopefully!) clear still because of the grit. Have to admit, I wish that there was a little more snow so that school would have to shut ad then I could go back to bed! Waking up at 5.30 makes me sleeeeeepy lol If it does snow much, it'll mean Aaron can't come down this weekend so don't want it to snow too. Maybe if it snows lots today and then all disappears by tomorrow afternoon. Yes, that'll work, that's what I'll pray for lol

Recap on yesterday:
Breakfast: Chocolate shake (yum)
Lunch: Chili pack (too watery, not so yum)
Dinner: Curry pack with added chicken and mushroom (double yum!)
Water: 1.5L (not enough, need to get better)

Last edited:
I need to up my water, too.

I hope Aaron can make it -- that'll be two weekends in a row no boy.

Im afraid it's going to snow like billy-o early tomorrow morning. I think there is a huge possibility school will be closed tomorrow but that also probably means Aaron won't get to you.

We're due 12cm overnight and it's snowing now. It'll die down mid afternoon tomorrow but the problem then won't be the snow falling, it'll be the snow on the ground. So whilst I probably won't be at school tomorrow (I brought all my books home to mark tomorrow day time just in case) it will probably, like Squeezy said, mean another weekend without seeing Aaron :(

So, another day down. Got quite tempted tonight by sausages! Own place would be good, no food, no smells, no temptation! I resisted though and made my packs.

Breakfast: Chocolate shake with coffee (starting to appreciate coffee in the morning!)
Lunch: Salad - lettuce, pickled onion, beetroot and smoked salmon
Dinner: Lasagne.... No I didn't cheat!
Water: About 1.2L (night isn't over, will try hit 2)

Made 'lasagne' with packs for dinner. Chili on the bottom, mac and cheese on top, finish with an extra 10 mins in the oven. Wasn't sure if it'd really work but it was actually pretty good! Not the real thing obviously but a good s&s version. Would be even better with added mushroom and shallot in the chilli I think. Here's a pic...

ForumRunner_20130117_203417.png

I hope we get a snow day tomorrow, but I doubt it, our school very rarely closes, and knowing my luck, it will snow once I get to school, and we'll get stuck there!

Your food choices sound good Caroline. Hope you get to see Aaron this weekend.

SNOW DAY!!!!

At 6.50am there was still no word so I gave school a call. The site manager answered and said that he didn't think we should be open because of what was on its way and there were 5 local schools (as in, in the same town, over 60 regionally!) closed as of 5am that morning but when he text the head at 5.15am she said to stay open as it was ok at the time. Gave her a text explaining my position (50 mile trip, snow hitting here first, wouldn't be able to get back etc) and she said that was fine. Snowing there now though so she's going to make a decision at 7.30. Problem isn't getting to school/work for people, it's getting back!

So, I'm home today. Going to try and treat it like a school day, lots of work to do. Hoping that Aaron will still be able to come down but don't really think that I will get to :( Makes me sad! Going to have to make sure I keep on track diet wise today, days when I'm home all day are much harder, more temptation! As there's no lessons to stop me drinking I'm going to aim for 2.5L today.

Stay safe everyone whatever you're doing!

That's horrible that you may not be able to see him - I am lucky there isn't much snow here - none where I am! However, they are so quick to cancel the trains I am a bit panicky I won't get to see Dave - making it three weeks - feels such a long time!

Hope you have a nice day today - I find days at home hardest too. Maybe try to get some exercise in?

I've not been drinking my water... I really must.

We closed early for a blizzard (in Central NewYork) but I had bus duty and busses had trouble getting to the school. By the time my duty was done and I'd picked DS up from the sitter, the visibility was non-existent. It was one of the most harrowing drives I ever had and with a baby in the back seat. It took me over an hour to drive 11 miles.

Itold off the superintendent the next time I saw her -- I said, "You knew the blizzard was coming and you didn't call a snow day because of having to make the day up -- how would you have felt if my baby died in a car accident or froze to death in a snow bank?". She was always saying how much my son looked like hers had 30 years previously. She was very apologetic and swore shed been told the Blizzard wouldn't hit until evening rush hour.

But she changed the snow day policies -- if there was an early closure staff with young children were relived from their duties effective immediately, their students would go to the auditorium and they would be sorted by senior staff. The thought I'd my baby being stuff in the blizzard really got to her.

Yup be 3 weeks here too. *sigh* Aaron's said that he's not coming. It's ok there but it's really not great here at all. As much as I really want to see him, I don't want him to risk having an accident. Not worth it really

That's the thing though isn't it Mel. It might all be ok to start with but if it's forecast for the next day, it's pretty certain it's going to happen. Yes people might get to school ok but what about getting home? All it does is put people in unnecessary danger. Yes it means making up an extra day but so what, I'd rather do that and be safe. This country is too reactive to things and unfortunately it's often too late by then.

It started snowing when the head arrived at 7am and she waited to see what it was like at 7.30. At that point she sent a text out saying that school was still open and that it'd close early if needs be so for parents to have arrangements in place if need be. I see nearly 200 parents trying to venture out later in thick/heavy snow that really could have been avoided. At the end of the day though she's the head teacher and it's her decision so though I may not agree with it as do many others, we have to respect that. Parents can always not take their children to school if they didn't feel comfortable to do so. She said that in the text message that went out.

Naughty Mel! You really should drink your water, so should I...

Julianne went to school -- but if it gets bad -- we have a Jeep and years of experience driving in the stuff. That said -- it is not our driving that worries us.

Well that's the thing, it's not just you that you have to worry about in situations like this. I suggested that Aaron just tape battery powered hairdryers to the front of the car to melt the snow as he goes along. Apparently that wasn't a very good idea!

Well that's the thing, it's not just you that you have to worry about in situations like this. I suggested that Aaron just tape battery powered hairdryers to the front of the car to melt the snow as he goes along. Apparently that wasn't a very good idea!

That's inventive!

Maybe he could adapt his car?
image-2358563454.jpg

That is a very girly idea Caroline and made me laugh my head off!! :8855:I think it's a perfectly reasonable request.

I think so too! Well apart from the possible lack of battery operated hairdryers... maybe Mel's idea would be better. I'll put the suggestion forward!

Aaron and I will be heading to London in March as we'll have been together a year then. I've got a meeting (just a couple of hours) on the Saturday morning so it's not long enough to make it mean on him and it's definitely worth it as they pay for my travel (I'll probably get them to book his and we'll pay for mine as it's cheaper) and a hotel for the Friday night. Trying to think of nice things that we could do, any ideas? We're saying (at the moment!) that we'll be sticking to S&S... unless we find something that's too good to pass up! We're going to see Les Mis at the cinema so thought about possibly seeing that if we liked it but I don't really have many other ideas. As it's our first anniversary (feels weird saying that!) I want to do something nice, something a bit special.

Maybe a night flight on the London Eye?

Back