New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

I bought similar bits an pieces actually Caroline. I love that kind of shopping.

Im sure everything will be fine for WI tomorrow Hun. I've got my fingers crossed for you. Xxx

Yeah it's nice, just lots of little treats. Oh I really splashed out and bought myself not one but TWO bottles of Dr Pepper Zero too!!

Oh god when I tried Exante I got addicted to Dr Pepper Zero!

Nice to treat yourself to all those things. I had to get some new boots today as my ones completely fell apart at work! Ended up getting some shoes, boots and a top! Whoops!

Good luck for WI!

I rarely go shopping for 1 thing and only come home with 1 thing! X

Last edited:
I know SQ.... I really know how to treat myself right?!

Hi Amy! How the devil are you? I went shopping after Christmas for 'one pair of work shoes' and accidentally bought three pairs, oops! lol

I very rarely buy just the thing that I go to buy either, yesterday is a prime example. Go to buy foundation and maybe some kitchen scales and spend £70 and then still need to order the scales online when I get home! I've ordered pretty purple ones :)

WI this morning, will go do it in a minute. Not feeling too hopeful, probably be a STS if I'm lucky! I'm not 100% on my WI from last week now because 5lbs was a massive amount to put on overnight. I wonder if I actually lost 5.1lbs last week and my scales were just playing up because I've slowly dropped a bit each day (on the says I have weighed myself) like it was proper weight and not a sudden big drop like with water weight. But just in case it is water weight, I've stopped having protein meals until my scales arrive because guessing the weight of veg based on the packaging may not be working too well. I've stopped on the salt, still working on the water though! Did well Monday and then yesterday forgot to take a bottle of water with me to training so wasn't so good then. I still need to err... go to the loo too! I don't feel... bunged up... but I haven't been in a little while yet. Well we'll see what it says shortly!

Here goes WI... I'll update in a bit...

Ok so the verdict is...

1.3lbs... up.

No massive surprise really as I didn't really drop anything between Wednesday and Sunday, which is when I made all the changes. But it is annoying as I still don't know why. I'm not going to sit around worrying and thinking about why though. Just going to get on with this week and know that next week I'll (well should!) have a nice big loss and do all the things that I've said I'm going to do, which will help me whether they were to blame or not.

Have a good day everyone!

Just gone to update my details and realised that I'm wrong! I'm not 1.3lbs up, I'm 2.8lbs down haha I'd got my weight wrong, I thought I was 242 not 246! So actually I didn't go up 5lbs, I went up like 1lb... haha I feel like such an idiot right now!!

Hi Caroline,

Don't let that cause you dismay -- we fluctuate that way. Our bodies are complicated. I've decided to weigh every other week as I'm a slow loser and not doing a straight VLCD...but I keep thinking about it.

I've been bad with water the past few days, too. Sigh!

Be careful -- the roads at supposed to be dreadful.

Not sure if you saw my post after as it went on the next page. I actually had a loss!

Roads are ok thanks to the grit. Got stuck behind someone driving at no more than 30 for quite a long time so took a lot longer than usual. 17.1cm of snow forecast on Thursday where I live! No school Friday if that's the case, no way I'll be driving through that.

Not sure if you saw my post after as it went on the next page. I actually had a loss!

Roads are ok thanks to the grit. Got stuck behind someone driving at no more than 30 for quite a long time so took a lot longer than usual. 17.1cm of snow forecast on Thursday where I live! No school Friday if that's the case, no way I'll be driving through that.

I read it -- I thought you were bummed because it wasn't "enough" --

Oh, I should plan for a no school Friday, too. Just in case! ;)

I' d take feeling like an idiot and getting a surprise loss any day!! Well done my lovely, you kicked ass!! :)

Oh no I'm happy with that. Is 12.9lbs in two weeks, can't grumble.

Hello!

Yep I'm brill thanks - well just gotten over a bout of tonsillitis and a kidney infection last week but other than that am fine!

I'm doing slimming world now and absolutely loving it. It's working so well for me - not tempted to cheat at all - maybe this will finally work?! My diary link is in my sig if you want to look.

Well done on the weight loss - definitely a great one, and even better when you look over the two weeks.

Ouch, tonsillitis is horrible! Had it a couple of months ago, probably worst thing I've ever been ill with. Can't even imagine how you felt with a kidney infection too. Slimming World is really good, glad you're enjoying it. Is it a new diary? Wondered why I hadn't seen yours in a bit!

Back