New Year New You Miss Slinky 2012

I've downloaded some slimpod thing it's supposed to relax you and help you get to sleep
I can but try!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hi ladies i know this is totally off topic but ive searched (and failed) the forum for lunch box ideas for my daughter for college. She had a 0.5lb gain this week so we must be doing something wrong! So its back to basics for us. The problem i have with her is she is so fussy and whatever she takes to college has to be eaten cold.
she will eat pasta (with some sort of mayo dressing), salad ect but wont eat cold rice dishes she likes meats but wont eat vegetables except carrots and peas!!
Unlike the rest of us in the house that will eat almost anything. Any ideas or links to were i can find recipes would be great

Karen.hat said:
hi ladies i know this is totally off topic but ive searched (and failed) the forum for lunch box ideas for my daughter for college. She had a 0.5lb gain this week so we must be doing something wrong! So its back to basics for us. The problem i have with her is she is so fussy and whatever she takes to college has to be eaten cold.
she will eat pasta (with some sort of mayo dressing), salad ect but wont eat cold rice dishes she likes meats but wont eat vegetables except carrots and peas!!
Unlike the rest of us in the house that will eat almost anything. Any ideas or links to were i can find recipes would be great

Have you thought about making a SW quiche or frittata? Does she like tuna and onion? If so you could make a tuna and onion pasta with elf Mayo at only half a syn a tbsp. Does she like soup? Because a good quality flask tends to have a cup at the top and will keep food hot for hours.

What else does she like so I can rack my brains.... Or more to the point what doesn't she like. For instance are tomato based pasta sauces a no no? Xx

she doesnt eat soup, she already takes tuna mayo pasta and sometimes chicken and sweetcorn mayo pasta but after that its salads and she says shes not getting full and is hungry or getting headaches! She takes a fair bit of fruit but she commutes from newcastle to darlington for college so her days are usually leaving the house at 7 and returning half 6/7ish so its a full 12 hour day shes doing with the travelling

no she wont eat tomato based sauces cold, she will hot. i might suggest buying her a good quality food flask so she can take left over spag bol some days

Thats a long day out and no wonder she isnt staying full - in theory she is out for the full duration of a day that people eat in (equally spaced apart B/fast, lunch n dinners)

Ok... so if quiche is something she would consider there are a few to choose from :
Prepare whatever Superfree veggies take your fancy… we’ve used peppers, onions, courgettes, baby sweetcorn, asparagus, mushrooms and tomatoes. You can dry-fry them until soft or leave them raw for extra crunch.

Mix together the 3 eggs, 150g very low fat natural cottage cheese and some chopped parsley. Lay the chopped vegetables out in an oven-proof flan dish then pour the cottage cheese mix over. Pop in the oven at 190ºC/375ºF/Gas 5 for around 30 minutes, or until the quiche is set and golden brown.

Serve the quiche in wedges with Free chips on a Green day, or piles of salad - ideal for lunchboxes!
Other tasty quiche ideas include:
Tuna and sweetcorn - Free on Green (add 6 Syns on Green if not using 113g tuna canned in brine as a Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice)
Ham and broccoli - Free on Original and Green (add 6 Syns on Green if not using 85g ham as a Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice)
Salmon and dill - Free on Original and Green (add 6 Syns on Green if not using 57g fresh salmon/71g salmon canned in brine as a Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice)
Cheese and onion - Free on Original and Green (add 6 Syns if not using cheese as a Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice)
Pasta quiche – Free on Green - Make up a packet of Free pasta and sauce, such as Batchelors Tomato, Onion & Herb Pasta ‘n’ Sauce, pour into the flan dish and then add the cottage cheese mixture.
Quiche Lorraine – Lean grilled bacon, cheese and onion - Free on Original (add 6 Syns if not using cheese as a Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice)

There is a thread dedicated to lunch ideas : http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/189722-lunch-ideas.html

If finger food would be preferred by her maybe try making things like SW scotch eggs, vegetable pakoras, cooked quorn/low syn sausages (chopped up to pick at or put in a hexB roll), potato and spring onion salad, houmous and pitta, chicken tikka/flavoured chicken bites (made into skewers??). If you manage to get a flask for her then the world really is your oyster! You can put so much stuff in them its crazy, meatballs in sauce, spag bol, chilli con carne, stew, pasta n sauce - just add the hot water and packet before leaving the house, shake and leave closed till lunch time and the pasta will cook - risotto, couscous with added veg...

If you need any more ideas then let me know, I will have to get my thinking cap on after work :D xx

She usually eats spaghetti and scrambled egg before she leaves the house.
Then fruit yogurt and a cereal bar mid morning
Her packed lunch

And she's a picky eater she will only eat plain quiche or mushroom and ham
We've just scoured the net and weight watchers wraps are only 5 syns so that's an idea too
Will definitely try the quiche recipe as we all love quiche.

Thank you for all your help. We now have a weeks meals planned out so here's too a great week foodwise

I think Minky has covered all the bases with fab advice. What about cous cous sometimes thats is quick and easy?

So it was WI this morning....
A measly bloody half off. No I know a loss is a loss but jeez! I have been a frigging angel! Seriously! I have been weighing what needs to be weighed, synning what needs to be synned, hexing what needs to be hexed and whacking extra veg in where I can. Motivation might be slipping out the window if I'm honest.......

Anywho will continue and hope for the best and hope my halo doesn't turn to horns.

Happy Saturday everyone xxx

MinkyDinky said:
A measly bloody half off. No I know a loss is a loss but jeez! I have been a frigging angel! Seriously! I have been weighing what needs to be weighed, synning what needs to be synned, hexing what needs to be hexed and whacking extra veg in where I can. Motivation might be slipping out the window if I'm honest.......

Anywho will continue and hope for the best and hope my halo doesn't turn to horns.

Aww Hun x x x that is so **** and frustrating. Just try to think that your body isn't ready this week to give up the weight and it might show more next week. These weeks are the worst because u know u have been 100%! Think back has this happened before? What did u do? How did u feel? Remember how far u have come and don't be too hard on urself! X x x x x

MinkyDinky said:

That must be so frustrating! Have you be exercising? Sometimes if you're building muscle you don't see much on the scale but you've still lost fat.

Cheers guys, always welcome thoughts and offers of sympathy :)

Unfortunately I can't blame * week as that was over last weekend. I have been doing exercise every day - walking, 30 day shred and badminton last night. Maybe next week or the week after will prove to be a better loss. I am going to try and change it up a bit with my food (should the purse strings allow me!) Also it's been suggested I may not have had enough syns this week - I didn't try to keep them low at all, just been full and not needed anything extra. Tried to incorporate syns into meals too.

Ah well :) only half a pound up on my starting weight loss to lose so that's a start I guess he he xxxx

On my way to 65th birthday party can hear the buffet table calling already and deliberately had huge syn free tea to fill me up so wouldn't attack the buffet!!!!
X

Mummy of 4 said:
On my way to 65th birthday party can hear the buffet table calling already and deliberately had huge syn free tea to fill me up so wouldn't attack the buffet!!!!
X

How did it go?? Are you still polishing your halo or sharpening your devil horns? ;) xx

Mummy of 4 said:
Ummmmm sharpening devil horns and feeling very guilty :(
X

Lol. How bad was it? It's only one night treacle so unless you ate the ENTIRE buffet or drank the bar dry all on your lonesome I wouldn't worry too much. If you feel cr@p cause of it then maybe try to have a higher intake of superfree rather than free foods or having lower syns (don't eradicate but between the minimum of 5 and 10) or just draw the line, step over and accept you may sts or possibly gain.

Or you may be one of the lucky sods that can have a blow out and still lose and all is well :D don't feel guilty tho - we are only human xxx

MinkyDinky said:
Lol. How bad was it? It's only one night treacle so unless you ate the ENTIRE buffet or drank the bar dry all on your lonesome I wouldn't worry too much. If you feel cr@p cause of it then maybe try to have a higher intake of superfree rather than free foods or having lower syns (don't eradicate but between the minimum of 5 and 10) or just draw the line, step over and accept you may sts or possibly gain.

Or you may be one of the lucky sods that can have a blow out and still lose and all is well :D don't feel guilty tho - we are only human xxx

Just so annoyed only been back on this a week and blown it already!! Doesn't help we brought loads home of left overs so now have cake biscuits flapjack and lots of other naughty things !!! Was really good to begin with ignored all the food and ate few pickled onions it wasn't until everyone had eaten and I saw all the left overs that I went and ate loads !!!!
Then came gone and ate done of the birthday cake even though I was full enough to pop! Need to get back on it today and hopefully will stay the same on Wednesday.
X

Hi there everyone.... It's taken me on and off two hours to read through this thread!!! Have decided to be a cheeky mare-bag and add myself onto the list! Started SW on 3rd Jan and first weigh last week was a 5lb loss (but I have 6 stone 1lb to lose!!!) My little brother gets married on 28th April & I want to look a whole lot better than I do now! We lost our mum last month, so having some bereavement time off work has motivated me into sorting my life out and focussing on ME for a change.... (Hmmmm I seem to have read that on here a few times before!!!) I am rubbish at this, hence no names/ tickers/ goals etc. and unless I start to post I'm never going to make the magic "50"!!! By the way... my group/ weigh in is Tuesday evening

So:
Alsmum - 21lbs - Want to feel better about myself

Foxy_Lox - 21bs - Need to get out of the 13's its a mental thing lol
(-3.5lbs - 17.5lbs to go)

Gingercake 16 - 20lbs - Wants to be in those size 10s (2lbs lost ~ 18lbs to go!)

Hannah - 14lbs - (Possibly To Be Amended) - I'm Aiming for Target in time for Job Interviews.

Jayde - 28lbs - Going to be bridesmaid for brothers wedding

Karen.Hat - 20lbs - Aiming to look fantastic for when her husband comes back for leave
(3.5lb lost ~ 16.5lb to go)

Littlemy - 24lbs - Going to see sister in Madrid

Minky Dinky - 24lbs - Going to be bridesmaid for Best Friends Wedding (+1lbs ~ 25lbs to go!)

Sesame82 - 21lbs - new year new weight starting with a 10

Moppet - 21lbs - I want to surprise my Mum when she comes to visit in July (2lbs lost ~ 19lbs to go)

Naomi1987 – 28lbs – going to a wedding in March

HuliaHoop - 30lbs – has already lost a stone and wants to lose a total of three stones by 26th March

SuePat10 – 20lbs - I'd like to be able to walk without getting out of breath (-4lbs ~ 16lbs to go!)

Jersey Joe - 24 lbs - to feel amazing for my Birthday in Feb & then lose the next 2 stone with WW

ShirleyBroon - 21lbs – Wants to be a size 12 in 2012! (-2lbs ~ 19lbs to go!)

AbigailsMummy (-2lbs: 26 pounds to go) - 28lbs - Want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight

Mummy of 4 - 20lbs - ?? (-3.5lbs - 16.5 to go!)

Urban Princess - 29lbs - Brother's Wedding (-5lbs~ 24 to go!!)

Back