New Year New You Miss Slinky 2012

Welcome urbanprincess! Always nice to have new people to join in :) we're a pretty nice bunch (if I do say so myself!) and will try and help wherever possible - be it SW related or not.

Congratulations on your 5lbs loss! Amazing start xx

Hi there everyone.... It's taken me on and off two hours to read through this thread!!! Have decided to be a cheeky mare-bag and add myself onto the list! Started SW on 3rd Jan and first weigh last week was a 5lb loss (but I have 6 stone 1lb to lose!!!) My little brother gets married on 28th April & I want to look a whole lot better than I do now! We lost our mum last month, so having some bereavement time off work has motivated me into sorting my life out and focussing on ME for a change.... (Hmmmm I seem to have read that on here a few times before!!!) I am rubbish at this, hence no names/ tickers/ goals etc. and unless I start to post I'm never going to make the magic "50"!!! By the way... my group/ weigh in is Tuesday evening

So:
Alsmum - 21lbs - Want to feel better about myself

Foxy_Lox - 21bs - Need to get out of the 13's its a mental thing lol
(-3.5lbs - 17.5lbs to go)

Gingercake 16 - 20lbs - Wants to be in those size 10s (2lbs lost ~ 18lbs to go!)

Hannah - 14lbs - (Possibly To Be Amended) - I'm Aiming for Target in time for Job Interviews.

Jayde - 28lbs - Going to be bridesmaid for brothers wedding

Karen.Hat - 20lbs - Aiming to look fantastic for when her husband comes back for leave
(3.5lb lost ~ 16.5lb to go)

Littlemy - 24lbs - Going to see sister in Madrid

Minky Dinky - 24lbs - Going to be bridesmaid for Best Friends Wedding (+1lbs ~ 25lbs to go!)

Sesame82 - 21lbs - new year new weight starting with a 10

Moppet - 21lbs - I want to surprise my Mum when she comes to visit in July (2lbs lost ~ 19lbs to go)

Naomi1987 – 28lbs – going to a wedding in March

HuliaHoop - 30lbs – has already lost a stone and wants to lose a total of three stones by 26th March

SuePat10 – 20lbs - I'd like to be able to walk without getting out of breath (-4lbs ~ 16lbs to go!)

Jersey Joe - 24 lbs - to feel amazing for my Birthday in Feb & then lose the next 2 stone with WW

ShirleyBroon - 21lbs – Wants to be a size 12 in 2012! (-2lbs ~ 19lbs to go!)

AbigailsMummy (-2lbs: 26 pounds to go) - 28lbs - Want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight

Mummy of 4 - 20lbs - ?? (-3.5lbs - 16.5 to go!)

Urban Princess - 29lbs - Brother's Wedding (-5lbs~ 24 to go!!)

Welcome with great big open arms, so sorry to hear about your loss. Post anytime you need anything, we are all here for each and we are a fab bunch like Minky says. Im hoping after this challenge we do another one ready for summer ;). Have a fantastic week!

Welcome hun! Sorry about your loss hun.

Hope everyone is doing well, I'm looking forward to posting my loss tomorrow the first to count towards my 28lb target. I'm a bit worried because we ordered the bridesmaid dress in my size knowing that we could take it in up to 2 sizes but I intend on being much smaller than that in June! Don't suppose there is much I can do about it now its more important I lose weight. I wonder if it looks a dissaster at the first dress fitting they can reorder it will be about 3 months before the wedding!

Welcome Urban Princess!

Hope people are having a better week than me. I am really struggling. Not had a good weekend food wise, and feeling crappy because of it now. Today is a new day tho.

Must get prepared this week. I know this is my downfall. And we all now what happens when you haven't planned ahead!!

Not expecting a loss this week :-(

gingercake said:
Welcome Urban Princess!

Hope people are having a better week than me. I am really struggling. Not had a good weekend food wise, and feeling crappy because of it now. Today is a new day tho.

Must get prepared this week. I know this is my downfall. And we all now what happens when you haven't planned ahead!!

Not expecting a loss this week :-(

Awww ginge, chin up my lovely. Was it just preparation that has let you down in food choices? As you said today is indeed a new day so get your mojo back, prepare your meals and indulge in yummy scrummy SW food :)

And a gain or STS isn't the end of the world. It's only one week out of the hundreds we have in life. Xx

Hi there everyone.... It's taken me on and off two hours to read through this thread!!! Have decided to be a cheeky mare-bag and add myself onto the list! Started SW on 3rd Jan and first weigh last week was a 5lb loss (but I have 6 stone 1lb to lose!!!) My little brother gets married on 28th April & I want to look a whole lot better than I do now! We lost our mum last month, so having some bereavement time off work has motivated me into sorting my life out and focussing on ME for a change.... (Hmmmm I seem to have read that on here a few times before!!!) I am rubbish at this, hence no names/ tickers/ goals etc. and unless I start to post I'm never going to make the magic "50"!!! By the way... my group/ weigh in is Tuesday evening

So:

Gingercake 16 - 20lbs - Wants to be in those size 10s (2lbs lost ~ 18lbs to go!)

Hannah - 14lbs - (Possibly To Be Amended) - I'm Aiming for Target in time for Job Interviews.

Karen.Hat - 20lbs - Aiming to look fantastic for when her husband comes back for leave

Minky Dinky - 24lbs - Going to be bridesmaid for Best Friends Wedding (+1lbs ~ 25lbs to go!)

Moppet - 21lbs - I want to surprise my Mum when she comes to visit in July (2lbs lost ~ 19lbs to go)

Naomi1987 – 28lbs – going to a wedding in March

HuliaHoop - 30lbs – has already lost a stone and wants to lose a total of three stones by 26th March

SuePat10 – 20lbs - I'd like to be able to walk without getting out of breath (-4lbs ~ 16lbs to go!)

Jersey Joe - 24 lbs - to feel amazing for my Birthday in Feb & then lose the next 2 stone with WW

ShirleyBroon - 21lbs – Wants to be a size 12 in 2012! (-2lbs ~ 19lbs to go!)

AbigailsMummy (-2lbs: 26 pounds to go) - 28lbs - Want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight

sorry for your loss chick

you are so brave!! I am in awe, you seem so focused and have a fab attitude. Joining here is the best thing you will ever do, everyone is so supportive and offers so much help and advice and well dones along the way!

Ive been a member of minimins forabout a year i think but when my diet hit a stalemate i stopped coming on here (worst thing i ever did as i gave up) Im now back on slimming world i didnt put all my weight back on but am a fair few pounds heavier. so what i am unsuccessfully trying to say is make minimins a daily part of your routine that way you can share and rationalise your disappointment at a gain and get great support to help realise its just a blip

anyway stop rambling karen!! Welcome to miss slinky 2012 xx

Welcome to the team urbanprincess! I've only recently started again after losing 2 st then getting stuck for ages. I'm determined to lose the rest now though. It's good that you're doing something for yourself. It's the only way u think you ever really stick at it.

How's everyone doing? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

foxy_lox said:
How's everyone doing? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm doing good looking forward to wi later how you doing hun x

Hungry! Gimme food now!!!

How you feeling foxy? Food getting any better? Xx

Hey, Im doing ok still not eating as much as I should managed three meals today again but thats only twice in the last two weeks. I feel quite happy however is family keep ringing and texing me so that is not helping. I understand they are hurting and its a bit of a shock... I need to think about myself. Managing to exercise its the only thing that makes me feel better and clears my head. Everytime I have been with my sis or mates so that as been nice, to be out in fresh air! Thanks for asking and you too Jayde :). I cant thank you all enough for the support.

foxy_lox said:
Hey, Im doing ok still not eating as much as I should managed three meals today again but thats only twice in the last two weeks. I feel quite happy however is family keep ringing and texing me so that is not helping. I understand they are hurting and its a bit of a shock... I need to think about myself. Managing to exercise its the only thing that makes me feel better and clears my head. Everytime I have been with my sis or mates so that as been nice, to be out in fresh air! Thanks for asking and you too Jayde :). I cant thank you all enough for the support.

Exercise is a good way of feeling good and clearing the head - gotta love those endorphins! Glad you have some support from your friends and sister.
Good job on getting some more food down ya too, looking after you is paramount missy xx

3lbs off people, will now attempt to copy and paste the list using my iPod! I can't be bothered to turn on the pc. Very pleased :)

(3lbs lost-25lbs to go)

Naomi1987 - 28lbs - going to a wedding in March

HuliaHoop - 30lbs - has already lost a stone and wants to lose a total of three stones by 26th March

SuePat10 - 20lbs - I'd like to be able to walk without getting out of breath (-4lbs ~ 16lbs to go!)

ShirleyBroon - 21lbs - Wants to be a size 12 in 2012! (-2lbs ~ 19lbs to go!)

hello ladies can i joing your team?

I have 4 stone to lose, been for my first weigh in and i have lost 1.5lb which isnt bad considering i had a bottle of white wine to myself last night and a meal out with my other halves customers. Oh and totm appeared this morning too :rolleyes:

Must mean next week will be better surely?

Back