New Years Resolutions???

Mine are to get to target & stop biting my nails want so bad to have lovely nails !!!

I managed to stop biting my nails in my teens by using one of those clear nail polishes that are made to taste revolting and put you off! :D Worth a try, if you haven't already!

Mine is to be a 100%er. This means tackling the scurge (sp??) of my weight loss and fitness goals and messes up my finances, which is social drinking at the weekend.

If other people (friends / partner) have a problem with me drinking less and staying out for less time, then so be it. I'll be hitting 40 in Sept 2012 and I want to be fit, healthy and looking gooood when that day comes.

mine will be to get to target - i started in 2009 so its taken me long enough! haha! x

Snap Elle - I'm in exactly the same boat.

My New Year's Resolutions:
1. Reach target
2. Stay at target when I get there
3. No McDonalds, KFC or Burger King

I know I can do 3 as it was my resolution this year and I'm still sticking to it with a week to go. I'm saving a fortune!

Mmm I dont really buy the portion reduction thing. To me thats when it starts to turn into a D - I - E - T. The point for me in SW is that there is always something you can have to fill up on and not feel deprived. ALWAYS. I fill my plate full, bursting with superfree stuff and never feel deprived.

What is the point in reducing the size of a meal full of superfree, Id knock, what, 50 calories off it? 100? Thats like eating one apple less a day. Thats why theres a difference between superfree, free and syns. There is no reason to restrict portion size provided you are filling things up with superfree - it does it for you. Simples! :)

Wise words as ever from Erm! My salads are the stuff of legend! - however, as apart from the chicken/cheese/prawns or whatever, it is essentially a mountain of superfree!

That's not a "diet" but a healthy eating plan.

I have two resolutions

First one is to stick to plan and use the extra hex`s I`m now allowed having recently gor to target.

The second one is for every week I`m still at target I will save the money I`d normally spend at SW and buy myself something nice. (dunno what yet!)

Well done on target Annie;)

Anyway, I'm not one for resolutions. I do intend to stop spending so much. I do tend to go OTT - especially food shopping. I could become much more "streamlined" if I tried.

First of all I want to say to Shrimpy.....how good is this ???
Cotgrave's Woman of the Year 2011 :eek: :character00100:

Top six in the Nottinghamshire-Derbyshire finals of SW WOTY!

that is just amazing, well done.

I am not into resolutions as I never, ever keep them but this year I do want to try and count my blessing a bit more.

I am not into resolutions as I never, ever keep them but this year I do want to try and count my blessing a bit more.
Hey Mumsie Sue - when I count my blessings I count you twice:)
x

The standard ones for me I guess!

Stop smoking (I've cut down but no more excuses - cold turkey from Xmas Eve)
Get my finances sorted so that I can focus on:
Setting up my own business.

And of course carrying on with the weight loss. I'd love to lose another two stone at least by next summer, to feel confident enough in myself to try & put myself out there to meet the man of my dreams! :D

Hey Mumsie Sue - when I count my blessings I count you twice:)
x

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

The standard ones for me I guess!

Stop smoking (I've cut down but no more excuses - cold turkey from Xmas Eve)
Get my finances sorted so that I can focus on:
Setting up my own business.

And of course carrying on with the weight loss. I'd love to lose another two stone at least by next summer, to feel confident enough in myself to try & put myself out there to meet the man of my dreams! :D

All do-able and it sounds like you will do it.

Now can I introduce you to my cyber son Steve, aker Maximus. Though he might just be the man of your nightmares !!! lol !!! Does that count ???

Thank you, Sue! :hug99: That is such a powerful New Years Resolution, being able to count blessings and take stock is so important. I could do with making that one of mine too!

Operation Food plan is in full swing and my 1st planned online shop is on its way!

I prepared a weekly list based around NYE too and so lets see if I can stick to my planned meals now!!!!

My resolution for 2012 is to slash the food budget without compromising on nutrition by...

1 - Clever shopping, bargain hunting, planning, planning and planning.

2 - Being more efficient with cooking, batching and storing.

3 - Increase garden fruit and veg production and preserving.

Second, I want to write a Mills and Boon romance, and submit it. (I'd like to resolve to get it published as well, lol, but since that's out of my control I'll just hope for that instead!)

I think 2012 is going to be a good year! :D

I used to work with a woman who had her novel published by Mills and Boon. It is a do-able resolution so best of luck :D

Mine will be to rejoin, and stick at it this time

Then I will be starting some exercise, gonna sign up for a 10 mile sponsored walk so I will have something to aim for

Mine is to join the century club this year. I lost 62 lbs this year and want to reach 100lbs in 2012!

Mine is to stop spending unnecessary money.

I spend too much here and there on bits and bobs.

I'm going to look at my finances and give myself a monthly "allowance" which I will draw out in cash on payday. I'm going to get my credit card paid off and then start to save. I plan to do this by the summer.

I'm going to stop popping to Tesco for one or two things and spending a fortune - if I run out of bananas, tough, until the next shopping day. I tried this before, unsuccessfully, but I'm going to make more of an effort.

And of course, I will get back to target. I will. Oh yes.

That if I do ANYTHING dietwise, I am going to have to give up chocolate. It's my weakness. I can't pack away bix/cake/anything else like I do choc - it's like it is my trigger for everything else.

It's almost like - "if I am eating choc then I am not on a diet - if I am not on a diet, I can consume everything like packman nomnomnom"

No. Not anymore. Forget vanity, or fashion or self worth for one minute. I am making myself literally ill doing this. Thought I could get away with it in my 20s/30s. Now I am 40 something, body is saying "no way bud - I'm gonna bail out on you if you DON'T address this."

Mine is to be more positive, however, that said don't let others get me down. Oh and to get rid of the annoying 'cling ons' and nasty people in my life :)

Oh and defo keep the weight loss, I'm at high end of my target. Xx

Mines to carry on the good work I've done in 2011 . My target is only 2lb away so that's easy enough to achieve now but I want to lose another stone and hopefully be a comfortable size 10 and maintain it . To keep up a good level of fitness stick to plan even at target and just generally have more fun . Me & my boys are going to have the best 2012 nothing is getting in the way of that .
The other one I suppose is to relax a little . I can have occasional treats and not gain. I'm very strict on myself lol

Back