new :)

kers_pink

so i have been doing scottish slimmers ( aka calorie counting) lost 2 stone stuck in a rut starting taking xenical 13/05/13 so still very new any advice will be greatly appreciated :D as i am having horrendous side effects ( i think could be unwell) lol

Hi there. I'm also new. Im on day 7 now. Are you using the 'my fitness pal' app? If so and you want to buddy up , my profile is pudders 27. With regards to the 'side effects' i was under the impression that if to stick to under 5g fat in 100g fat then you shouldn't get any "side effects". I don't think they are side effects, more of a consequence! Lol... Like i say, im new too though so still learning. Good luck!

so i have been doing scottish slimmers ( aka calorie counting) lost 2 stone stuck in a rut starting taking xenical 13/05/13 so still very new any advice will be greatly appreciated :D as i am having horrendous side effects ( i think could be unwell) lol

Hi & welcome to our forum! There is a sticky that explains the rules really well & simply. It was my bible to start with & of you're having side effects you must be eating too much fat which is more than 5g per 100g not per portion. If you give us an example of a days menu we may see where you're going wrong x

hello thanks for replying i am not using my fitness app but i certainly will i wasnt aware of the "rules" of xenical but just read the sticky & i certainly will be sticking to 5g tbh i havent even been looking just eaing what i would normally eat although did have pork for dinner about 2/3 days ago ... i do think that i am unwell tho & the side effects i think i am having is just because of that & not really being aware of the fat i have been taking going to download my fitness pal tonight :)

Hi and welcome :)
This forum is great for finding out everything you need to know.
It can be surprising how much fat is in everyday foods so its worth checking before you eat. I've stuck to that and i've had no side effects :)
Good luck

Bumblebum
x

hello thanks for replying i am not using my fitness app but i certainly will i wasnt aware of the "rules" of xenical but just read the sticky & i certainly will be sticking to 5g tbh i havent even been looking just eaing what i would normally eat although did have pork for dinner about 2/3 days ago ... i do think that i am unwell tho & the side effects i think i am having is just because of that & not really being aware of the fat i have been taking going to download my fitness pal tonight :)

Bless you, I do think its horrendous that we are prescribed these tablets with zero guidance from GPs. If I'd not found this site I swear I'd sill be 19 stone cos first tango & i would have given up!

If you have just been eating normally then it is likely to be side effects you are getting. As everyone has said, read all there is to read around the forum, stick to the rules and you will do great. Good luck, you can do this!

Thanks for replying ladies I've been calorie counting so I have been sticking to a low fat diet but I guess even with calorie counting you can eat what you like & not really worry to much about the fat content well I certainly will be worrying now as the the past 2 days haven't been the greatest experience :/ lol

Thanks for replying ladies I've been calorie counting so I have been sticking to a low fat diet but I guess even with calorie counting you can eat what you like & not really worry to much about the fat content well I certainly will be worrying now as the the past 2 days haven't been the greatest experience :/ lol

Yeah you often find low calorie & low fat don't come hand in hand, it was the funniest things I'd never thought of like gravy granules, eggs (although I was ok with them) even crisps I'd always thought were low per 100g were really high. It takes a few weeks to get your head around it but the results are worth it x

Back