*Newbie Alert* My Food Diary-advice and general chit chat would be fabulous!

Not a great day today, I have been volunteering at the local Hospice at their summer fayre so been on a stall all day (the bar stall surrounded by beer and wine!) so had to eat what was just to hand

Sunday 10th June-Red day

Breakfast
Bran flakes (HEXb) with banana

Dinner
Tuna mayo sandwich (1 syn for mayo and bread 2nd HEXb) with crisps (6.5 syns) and 2 macaroons (8 syns)
Small glass of wine (6 syns)

Tea
Oven baked chicken with veg with peri peri rub (0.5 syn)

Syns-23 eeeeeek! need a total free day tomorrow with lots of exercise!

A bit of advice is needed if anyone can please help :) im planning a green day tomorrow and dont really want to use any of my HEXs on meat, however Im cooking tea for my dad and my older brother. Does anyone have any vegetarian recipes that can satisfy 2 meat loving men, or a recipe that includes meat which i can also make for myself without meat? Thank you!

Hi Chloe,

I'm quite new to slimming world & just read some of your diary! I might knick some ideas from you.

For tomorrow- what kind of thing would you usually cook for your brother and dad? cos there might be some way to make a veggie version (I was pescetarian for 11 years so I'll help if I can think of anything!).

You could try making bolognese- one with beef mince and one with quorn mince. Or toad in the whole- make one with pork sausages and one with Cauldron/Linda McCartney/Quorn veggie sausages. Most things that my family eat I can make a veg version of :)

Hi Chloe,

I'm quite new to slimming world & just read some of your diary! I might knick some ideas from you.

For tomorrow- what kind of thing would you usually cook for your brother and dad? cos there might be some way to make a veggie version (I was pescetarian for 11 years so I'll help if I can think of anything!).

You could try making bolognese- one with beef mince and one with quorn mince. Or toad in the whole- make one with pork sausages and one with Cauldron/Linda McCartney/Quorn veggie sausages. Most things that my family eat I can make a veg version of :)

Hello! how long you been doing SW for? i hate quorn mince but dont mind quorn sausages, i was thinking of doing something like a curry and just put veggies in mine and meat in theirs, i dunno!

That sounds a good idea! curry is always good. I don't like quorn sausages that much, the cauldron ones are more like real sausages but I'm not sure if they're even counted as 'free' on green plan or not! I've just started eating chicken again so I'm defo not veggie now, it's weird!

This will be my 5th week doing slimming world but I missed a fortnight of meetings because I binge-ate and felt too awful to go!! I'm hoping that I've got back to the weight I was at on week 2, which is a bit sad! lol. Still I don't care, I'm so glad to be eating healthy and looking forward to being able to wear a bikini next year! and maybe buy some really nice christmas dresses!

Have you been on any diets before? xx

I love chicken and red days but Iv been quite bad this weekend and I find i lose more on green days so want to get a few green days in before my WI on friday. No not really, Iv tried to diet and eat healthy but SW is the first proper slimming plan that iv ever followed. Iv lost 7lb in 6 weeks so far which is so slow as some people lose that in 1 week but at least its coming off! Iv always found it really hard to get weight off so ill just have to be patient and stick with it!

Monday 11th June-Green Day

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs on 2 slices of brown bread (HExb) (1.5 syns for tbsp of flora)
Apple

Snack
Banana

Dinner
Stir fry mushroom and peppers with 1/2 packet of batchelors savoury rice
Velevt Crunch (4 syns)

Tea
Vegetable risotto (tomatoes, courgette, peppers, leeks and mushroom) (1 syn for oil)
Small macaroon (4 syns)

I went back to my old dance class today seen as though Im back in Hull for the summer from uni, she welcomed me back by really kicking my butt and making me dance and sweat for 1hr and a half!

Syns-10.5

I think you can use your healthy extra's on whatever you want, so all bread is ok

12th June-another green day today!

Breakfast
Cinnamon french toast (HEXb) (recipe from this months SW magazine) with a banana (1 syn for honey)
Fat free yogurt

Dinner
Left over veg risotto from last night with salad (0.5 syn for fat free salad dressing)
Orange and a light alpen bar (3 syns)

Tea
Tea was a disaster! Iv tried quark many times and just dont like it, or havnt found a recipe that works for me yet! Anyway, i made pasta with brocolli, tomatoes and quark tonight but it was awful! I ate all the brocolli and tomatoes and a handful of pasta but left the rest and im starving now! Im going to have some cheese on toast (bread as 2nd HEXb and cheese as HEXa) with an apple

Went to the gym and did a 1hr boxercise class followed by a 10 minute ab session

Syns-4.5

Last edited:
Oh I cant stand quark. It has an awfull taste and no matter whats put into it, its still yuck!! :p

ok so i cant have looked hard enough because i looked in my SW book and soy sauce is free haha im going out for a meal tonight as its mine and the OHs first anniversary today so im saving up all my syns for that
Wednesday 13th June-Red day

Breakfast
Bran flakes (HEXb) with banana

Dinner
Stir fried carrots, brocolli and mushroom with chicken (stir fried in soy sauce and honey 2 syns for honey)
Fat free mullerlight

Syns-2 but will be more after tonights meal

Have just been reading a thread I follow about drinking water, so whilst it's fresh in my mind: . . . don't forget to drink plenty of water . . .

Back