Newbie coming from CD

catb1979

2nd time's a charm!!
Hi everyone,

I have lost 6 stone with CD since May last year. I've been less than stringent since Xmas (think this was my goal date as was turning 30, etc) and have really struggleds with it since. I read about this diet in a magazine and it really interested me. I did do Atkins about 7 years ago and got some good results. I have my Dukan book coming from Amazon tomorrow, but just wanted to check with you guys if it is specific about certain foods. Eg, does it mention brands (muller, etc) or do you have to work these things out for yourself? I know there's lots of hints and tips on here, but hoped it was quite black and white so I don't end up eating things I shouldn't do.

I am really looking forward to starting this diet - am I a weirdo?? Was just sick of not eating real food.

Have already learned so much already from reading your pages. Good luck to anyone else starting too!

Catherine x

Hello and welcome Catherine,

As I have just been explaining to another poster, I'm not very good at the brand names in England as things are so different over here...

Over here, he stresses the need to buy fresh and cook yourself (part of the whole reeducation process I guess but also to avoid all the nasty hidden ingredients, SALT, sugars and preservatives which get snuck into pre-prepared foods). So I think it's all black and white in that respect. Where the grey areas might come in will be with brands... fat free... and "lean" ham for instance which isn't allowed here...

But the book hopefully explains that - mine is somewhere between England and France, alas...

Hi Joanne,
Many thanks for that info. I noticed you can have yoghurts and saw a few people had "activia" or "muller". Didn't want to choose the wrong one and screw things up. Have found that they sell Oatbran in Tescos, just got to find wheatbran from somewhere now.... hope my book comes tomorrow as Amazon have quoted.... if it doesn't, then I apologise in advance for the bombardment of questions!!

I am really looking forward to starting this diet - am I a weirdo??
not at all! I was exactly the same before i started last monday :D

Hello and welcome, i was on atkins since jan and moved to dukan last week as I needed less fat and new motivation!

Asda sells wheatbran too. Ive got weight watchers yogs (toffee and vanilla ones) and also muller lite are ok.

Am I right in thinking that you are not on cambridge now?

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for the wheatbran info - just want to make sure that I have everything I need to start properly. I have tried to re-start Cambridge a few times since New Year, but can't find the motivation after eating food again. I sole sourced for 3 months and then only went to sole source plus after that. I have been trying to stay along the guidelines of CD (around 800kcals), but end up putting off eating to not leave so long between meals (strange, I know). It is just time to move on, me thinks.

Until my book arrives, I'll be scouring these pages to keep me going. Thanks for the help thus far, ladies! x

I dont think i could manage with shakes TBH.
I got most of my info off here and also various pages on the web. The facebook group (Dukan Diet) is quite good too as the Dukan team will answer your questions.

BTW I love your doglets :D

I couldn't stand the shakes. I lived off the soups, porridge and bars. I've had a look at the FB page and will keep scouring the pages on here. I'm so looking forward to it!

My hounds are Irish Water Spaniels - big, brown curly fools! They're called Fergus & Dillon and are almost 2 years old. I see you like sausages on many levels!! (just realised how that sounds!!), but I do mean your choice of pooch!! :eek:

lol :) they are lush :) my friend has spanish water dog and another breeds field spanielr. So bit of a mix. They look very cuddly . Do you breed or show them x

The boys are from County Cork and their parents are Irish show champions and their dad came 2nd in his breed at Crufts. We haven't shown them, but Fergus is of show quality. Dillon is more of the "working stock". They haven't been neutered yet as we weren't sure whether to breed - they are a rare breed. They are hard work, but are so worth it. I take it you breed daschunds? She looks very cute. We contemplated bassetts, but heard they were extremely stubborn hounds! IWS are just clowns 24/7. Fergus is pushing 40kgs, but thinks nothing of launching himself at you! It's as if their legs are made of springs. An 8ft fence struggles to keep them at bay. Bless 'em. x

awww . you should have a go at showing with Fergus. Better stud fee :) i love bassets too but went to see gabi (mini long) and fell NEEDED a wire haired, so got hannah montana, then Grace followed couple of months after that! (another mini long)
I just adore dogs :)

I think it's the fact that no matter how you feel, they're always glad to see you and are always up for a cuddle. I couldn't be without them now. There's nothing better than 40kgs of hairy hound jumping on me first thing in the morning. They have me very well trained!

Lmao. 40kgs! Mine are about 12 between them!!!!
when are you starting Dukan then hon?

I am off to Tesco's shortly to stock up, so that I can start tomorrow!! cannot believe I'm actually excited! Any tips before I set off?

Me and Cheryl were like that!!! If you get mince get below 5g fat per 100g if you can. get plenty of things to much on if you are hungry like chicken or turkey slices. Chicken legs or thighs are good too. get oatmeal and plenty eggs :) tins of tuna salmon and sardines are real handy if you get hungry too. Fat free fromage frais and quark are good too :D good luck!!!

Hi Cat. Good luck on your journey. I hope it plans out better than mine, but i am now very happy and focused. Vicky has lost lots shes very organised, and Joanne is a great help.

Hi Cheyl,

Maybe we can spur eachother on. Hoping my book arrives tomorrow as I was a bit of a lost sheep wondering around tescos. I have spent £50 and am now not really sure what to do with it.... I think sauces and marinades is going to be my saviour thoughout all of this. i have stuck to muller lights (vanilla and a lemon one) and shape zero (as they were on offer). Have got fat free fromage frais, quark, greek yoghurt (may have gone overboard on this!). I have stocked up on oatbran and eggs and lots of chicken legs. I'll attempt my first galette tomorrow morning too.

Thank you girlies for the help so far - would've been lost without you.

Are we allowed fat free Onken bio yoghurt stuff? The one that comes in a larger pot? Fancied the vanilla one.... x

Morning :) Yes the onken is fine :) And marinades are the way to go. there are some nice recipes for sauces in the book too :D
Best of luck for today and dont forget to add your menus to the menu sticky thread :D

Bad news on my book front... I had the mail room here look into my missing book, and dumbo here put the wrong postcode (Office street address, and home postcode) and so it will doubtlessly be "returned to sender" (cos they obviously don't have the brains to correct the postcode of a famous street here...).

£13 down the drain cos I had to pay hefty postage!

Oh no! thats rubbish!

Back