newbie diary - by Claire

Ooo well done on your loss Claire that's brilliant. How was the Yorkshire pudding? I'd love a Yorkshire pud. I went out for a calvery last Sunday and the dude offered me a Yorkshire pud. Had to say no :( luckily my step dad is a coeliac so he can't eat them either. For once I wasn't the only one! X

Oo Claire, you are nearly there now. Are you getting ready for Conso? :)

When I went into conso for a few weeks after my operation the first peice of fruit I had was an orange. All the vitamin C yummy!!! Keep going and let us all know when you reach your target! yay! x

Hoping I can beat Mr Dukan with my date of 6 sept for conso.

I had a large joint of lamb last night for all of us that I needed to use to make room in freezer. Not on Dukan meats list but seem to have got away with it judging by scales this morning, so fingers crossed. (It was lovely but naughty lol)

Ok my weigh in isn't until Monday but today I'm 10st 10lbs .8 , away again today until Sunday on hols, so eating out at pubs for lunch, so could have an increase by Monday. I am so nearly at conso but my problem is my hips are still 39 inches, I really want to loose another inch off them.

weigh in day 10st 11 lb, so 2lb loss this week.

pub lunches on Sat & Sun whilst away, wasn't as good as i hoped to be.

sat
porridge
smoked salmon & crayfish plus rocket
salmon topped with potted shrimps (a bit buttery) and veg that had some melted butter on it.
steak

sun
porridge
roast beef and veg - bad part ate a whole yorkshire, one roast pot and 2 roast parsnips
ham, 4 crabsticks and a baby bell light

a couple of PP days now to balance out.

What did you all answer when you filled out your details on Dukans site about your weight that you easily maintained, I answered at a heavy weight that I had been for the last year, I went back and played with figures yesterday and put a bit lower how I was say 3 years ago (considering my weight has gone on over 8 years) and this has obviously given me a slightly lower true weight.

I ask as I am nearly at goal but think another 4lbs loss would be better for me than what I had originally gone with and Dukan did come up with this when my figure was altered.

weigh in day 10st 8lbs .8 so 2lb loss this week.

Meaning I have reached my Dukan goal true weight really early.

However see above post, I am happy to loose another 4lbs to feel more comfortable with my weight and Dukan says this is fine for me if I alter my easily maintained figure as that was a complete guess when I started out.

What I have learnt most importantly from Dukan is that I really have no need to snack in between 3 meals a day. I feel full without the need for any other food. I ate just out of habbit rather than being hungry. I really can't thank this site enough, I feel so much better about myself.

I know I still am only half way through this diet and will be on conso after a few more lbs loss till Xmas. I will not lapse, I will see it through.

Hi Claire, you mentioned about musles, metobolism etc, yes you are correct. As you like walking & come across as quite fit; & having the same problem as me, as in holding on your bum (I've always wanted to have a glutimos minimus not a glutomus maximus) why not try walking with some very light ankle weights 1/2 lb to 1 lb each, as you'll increase your muscle tone & burn more calories whilst having more of an aerobic exercise whilst walking.
Years ago I used these during step classes when I was super fit!:eek:

weigh in day today 2lb loss. I'm still on cruise as just wanted to shift a tiny bit more but did have a gala meal Sat night - family chinese.

This coming week will be TOTM so I will cruise for this week and try and lose one more lb then go onto conso.

25lb loss in 2 months woop woop!

You have done really well, how great do you feel :) I found conso really hard but the weight has stayed off, including an extra 2lbs and I am now eating normally with Dukan principles.

I'm delighted to see that you had a gala meal and, now that you've had carbs and are out of ketosis, why stay on cruise?

I'm envisaging you standing shivering on the edge of the pool... and I'm dying to SHOVE YOU IN!

Go onto Conso please!!

Well done Claire!
Have you taken the plunge into Conso yet? :)

Ok I'm in conso sort off and taking your advice.
I have the worse sore thoat ever and a cold coming plus earache.

In the end yesterday I had
porridge
a small bit of chicken and veg - couldn't really eat it
a bowl of soup and my first slice of bread
muller

Today I have hardly eaten, feels like razor blades in my throat.
Had porridge
Baby bel light thingy
Got a steak and roasted veg for tea but don't know if I can eat.

Will hopefully be feeling a bit better by tomorrow and more like eating and will be in conso properly.

Welcome :) and I hope you are feeling better for your next meals. Cheese tastes sooooo good. I love mine grated up on my galette, so good.

Back