newbie diary - by Claire

Looking forward to hearing what your GP says about your water intake - I know you've now reduced it, but you'll still mention it?

Just got back from doctors. Just my luck I got a junior doctor who had never heard of Dukan, mentioned my 40% bodyfat from my scales he just looked at me and said no way did I have that amount so I explained you can have a decent BMI but still be unhealthily fat, asked about a caliper measurement - he looked at me blankly. Asked him about a cyst I have had on my neck for years again he didn't really know, so I asked if I could see my normal doctor, had to wait 10 mins but he then came into the room with us.

I was feeling a bit stresses by then, so explained I made the appointment a few days ago and this was the earliest I could get seen, explained I was at that time drinking 12 pints of water but it now has gone to about 5, and he seemed fine with 5 pints.

He said they didn't do caliper fat measurements but the electronic scales are not a reliable measurement (even though 2 sets said the same) He said my measurements on the scales could have gone adrift because of the diet change and my water consumption.

I said I felt the best I had in ages and he said when I reintroduce foods keep a diary and see what makes me feel not great - I guess I will know if I have an intolerance then.

I didnt really ask enough stuff as I felt he had popped out of his appointments to see me. Anyhow relieved he had no concerns.

Well it's the end of my second week and another 3lbs lost making 10lbs in a fortnight.

My stomach has gone loads, wore tight stretchy tops at weekend and didn't look pregnant, actually have a bit of a waist coming back.

I have no cravings and don't feel hungry in the slightest. I never had a sweet tooth but did enjoy my crisps before. Really enjoying my porridge for breakfast (no sweetner added).

I bought an ab roller from amazon and put that up yesterday so will have a go today on that plus the suns out so swimmimg in my pool today.

I did some measurements 6 days ago and I have lost 1 inch measuring to my belly button and 2 inches off the fatist part of my belly and 1/2 inch off my waist.

Thinking about buying a resistance band for strength training, does anyone use one of these?
The more I read about things the more I come across strength training builds muscle and muscle burns more calories by just being there in your body - trying to increase my metabolism so looking at options.

One of the best things is a brisk walk, which is why DD specifies it.
I use resistance bands, but for specific things and flexibility (I also do Pilates). I think for all round muscle groups swimming, cycling and walking or running are hard to beat. Resistance bands are good for working on tum and arms to reduce the weightloss flab. Also thighs.

Still going strong have popped to the pub a couple of evenings and still on diet coke - I really thought alcohol would be a problem for me as I'm a very social drinker but really haven't missed it at all.

Son came home from school after having made fairy cakes in cookery - even though I don't have a sweet tooth felt bad I couldn't taste one of his efforts as he was chuffed about them.

Well done for resisting! :)

OK it's the end of week 3 for me and a 2lb loss this week, making 12lbs loss in total. I feel so chuffed, feel better than I have in ages. I'm still not bored of quite plain food but will be hitting the recipes soon I think.

I already feel like I can stay with this right through to the end, as I don't have that much of a sweet tooth I have enjoyed sf jelly, muller lights and total 0% greek - all of which I hadn't had before - these will now always been staples in my fridge. The porridge is just fine and I will stick on that rather than going back to toast in the mornings.

Butternut squash and mashed swede have become my potato.

I have eaten more fish than ever before and I love it (it was something I would tend to have just in a restaraunt - had a fear of cooking it), so the oily fish are going to be good for me long term.

You are over half way there already. You must be feeling great. I think it was at the half way bit I felt I could stick with it all the way and I am so glad I did. Well done on the resisting your son's cakes. Hard as a mummy as you will always feel guilty. My little one grew some tomatoes and wanted me to eat one and I had to say tomorrow :)

OK - I am away on Saturday to Tuesday - it's our 1st wedding anniversary.

We have a lodge so breakfast will be easy but we will be travelling about Exmoor having pub lunches and I will be cooking in the evenings, so easy again for tea.

I am putting it my diary as I will be trying to keep to PV days as much as I can when away but I know I will stray slightly as it's our holiday and lots of nice pubs. I will not have a pudding or any alcohol, so it's just going to be a few lunches where I will do my best.

Will do extra attack days on return to even it up and repair any damage I have done.

Happy anniversary! :candledinner:

Have a lovely break away.
I'm sure you will make sensible choices in the pubs.

Red :heartpump: xx

Doing my shopping now so Dukan teas no problem. Oatbran packed for breakfast along with husbands bacon lol

Will do a lot of walking to help with my lunches - yes I have really learnt good choices now so will study lots of pub menus

Even packed my scales!

Have fun!

End of week 4 was on Monday and have been on my hols plus lost 3lbs!

We had a lovely time visiting pubs in Exmoor and I think I did very good lunch choices, considering my loss and temptation.

These are my 4 lunches out:
Baked whole sea bass stuffed with a herb and seasonal veg - asked chef for no potatoes.

Steamed hake with mussels on a bed of samphire with seasonal veg - asked chef for no potatoes.

Grilled brill in garlic butter with rocket - asked chef to go light on butter, potatoes came with it - not shown on menu but I left them.

Mussels with shallots in white wine and cream - asked chef to go light on the cream - left the bread and butter that came with it.

Had porridge every morning in our lodge and dukan PV teas, before going to the pub .

Not one bit of alcohol and my only slip up was a fun size bag of maltezers on our actual anniversary.

I found eating out in higher end pubs from the Good Pub Guide had a lot more good choice of fresh seasonal products rather than the everyday pubs that are just chips with everything. The chefs were able to alter the things I needed. Loved every meal and made a wonderful change from my cooking.

Ok just 1lb loss this week but TOTM and I ate out 4 days in a row with the kids as we had a break away - tried to stick to Dukan meals out again eg mussels, 1/2 a chicken and salad, Sunday roast beef - no pots or yorkshire.

A few days PP now to balance out.

I'm on PP days to balance out my PV days I had in a row whilst away and my weigh in is on Monday but I have broke a milestone.

Today I am under 11 stone just, 10st 13.8lbs. I haven't seen the 10 stone range for a long time so really chuffed.

3lb loss this week, which included eating out sat and sun.

sat had hake and pak choi (spelling) on a bed of cooked beetroot.

sun had mussels to start followed by roast beef and veg - left pots but ate 1/2 a yorkshire pudding.

PP days now to balance out 2 PVs in a row.

Feeling great!

Back