newbie diary - by Claire

I'm sorry your arrival at target (WELL DONE!), and your entrance into Conso, is coinciding with your feeling unwell :(

Please don't respond if I'm being too personal, but do you have a lengthy diet history? Do you have problems stabilising weight loss? (Any eating disorder history?)

Here's hoping that today will be a better day for you... all of us were scared to enter Conso. Dieting is "easy". Keeping it off is harder, and Conso is the first stage of ensuring we do keep it off later!

Good luck and hope you're feeling better!

I have dieted in the past 8 years maybe 4 times for about a fortnight - just cutting out rubbish to make 1300 cals a day - always gave up easily with maybe a loss of about 5 lbs.

No eating disorders etc

My throat/ears are better today but a stinking cold and cough and so tired.

I managed
porridge
sea bass fillets x 2 plus tomatoes
1 salmon fillet with philly extra light on it.
a baby bell light
my first piece of fruit - a nectarine - was lovely
didn't manage bread as it had gone stale but bought a loaf tonight for tomorrow.
Loads of water/tea as it's dripping out of me

Daughter is full of cold now also

Hoping tomorrow it will have eased up

I'm fully commited to Conso.

I'm delighted to read that you're on Conso now, Claire... but sorry you're under the weather! Such a shame when there's an upturn in the weather too (here at least!!).

Where the bread is concerned, I used to buy a delicious wholemeal from the baker's - get them to slice it, then just keep two days' worth out, freezing the rest. Not only does it then stay fresh(ish), but it prevented me going over the 40-50g recommended!

Well done Claire.
How is Conso going?

I'm still here with an awful cold and cough.

I did have a blip one day as I couldn't face protein so had a tin of veg soup - that was all I could face eating.

I have had a piece of bread , cheese & fruit most days but struggling as still feeling so ill.

Hopefully by weigh in day on Monday I will feel better but it's hanging on big time.

I had a lovely bowl of mussels last night, first time I had ever cooked them myself - it was so easy will do that again, cooked off the wine first to get rid of alcohol and had a small dash of cream in the sauce along with onion and parsley and my bread.

Still on the porridge and not one bit of alcohol.

Sorry you're unwell Claire, and I did wonder about you the other day, hoping upon hope that you weren't struggling with Conso (but I didn't wish you ill!)

Take care! I love mussels and regularly have them with a fish stock cube only in a large pan of water (ok without cream and bread in Cruise, mind, but they take quite a while to eat, with the shells to hold you up, so they're filling I find.

x

I'm still here.

My cough turned into a chest infection so I finish the antibios tomorrow, the antibios gave me thrush then Monday I walked into the skirting on a door frame in my socks and have 3 black toes and black foot, hopping around the house now. So all in all 3 rotten weeks and no exercise as been so poorly but I lost a lb more on conso. All is going well Dukan style and ordered myself some new jeans from next in a size 12. Bagged up all my old clothes and gave to a friend - they have no place in my wardrobe now and are never coming back.

I forgot to add when at docs with chest she booked me in the stop smoking clinic, i am on tabltes now to get into my system and give up day is Monday!

Excellent Claire! You'll be a new woman!

I still have my quitkeeper counting on my computer:

I have been quit for 4 Years, 7 Months, 2 Weeks, 6 Days, 20 hours, 57 minutes and 38 seconds (1,693 days). I have saved £10,586.70 by not smoking 42,346 cigarettes. I have saved 4 Months, 3 Weeks, 6 Days and 50 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 31/01/2007 21:00

Neat little gadget to download here:
http://www.dedicateddesigns.com/qk/

Back