Newbie guy starting SS today

Hiya good luck with it. I started yesterday lol but have to stop as my cdc is away. SO fingers x i will be starting again this friday woo hoo Good luck with it, and will see you around

cheers and I hope your CDC isn't away too long - how inconsiderate of her!!

Hey Scottishguy - welcome and good luck! I think you're probably outnumbered on here men:women, but we don't bite! (certainly not those of us on SS as other than bars, we're not biting ANYTHING!) lol

Cx

cheers for the support, its nice to hear!

Welcome mate, not just starting but been on it for a while. Great diet that is very hard to get into but ok once you get into it but you will see results, and as most women moan about you will lose weight faster than them. Ive been losing a stone a month on 810 plan so you'll soon lose loads. :)

cheers mate you have done brilliantly well a stone a month is awesome:happy096::happy096:

Hi there, im starting CD on the 5th Jan. Going to meet with my CDC on sunday 4th Jan. Im starting to up my in-take of water and reduce my carbs all in preparation.

Hey have you seen the challenge for january? A few of us have set ourselfs a goal of how much weight we will lose in january. If you fancy joining us. Something to aim for and a bit of fun too..

where in scotland u from??

Hey have you seen the challenge for january? A few of us have set ourselfs a goal of how much weight we will lose in january. If you fancy joining us. Something to aim for and a bit of fun too..

where in scotland u from??

cool, where do i find the january challenge?
I'm from Edinburgh originally but lived in London for last 5 years
Lived in lanarkshire for a bit too (near Biggar) Where u from in lanarkshire?

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/70305-january-challenge.html

Im in motherwell... How did you find ur 1st day? Ive found a new CDC whos in my town so will be meeting him later this week, and starting on friday woo hoo. How did you find ur 1st day yesterday?

Hey babybaillie, today is my 3rd day and still lasting! 1st day was a breeze no problem at all, 2nd day yesterday was tougher, got a stinking headache that wouldnt shift and must have drank at least 3.5-4 litres of water plus black tea and took nurofen, noticed that i'm sleeping really well in fact too well and not long woke up today oops (11am). Feel great today and all the more motivated that i've lost 7 lbs in the last 48 hours since starting according to my scales this morning. No probs otherwise and almost seems to be less stressful as you know what you have got to consume within that day and there are no other temptations to get yourself stressed over. No booze tonight for hogmanay but can cope with that.

Good luck for friday! Let me know how you get on & happy new year!

Heya, how are you getting on? Day 2 going ok so far? x

hey wannabslim how are you getting on?
i'm getting on pretty well so far (see my post above)
would say i have 150% determined not to fail on this one - just hope it keeps up
big boost this morning that i've lost 7 lbs in 48 hours, let me know how yours is going? best of luck & happy new year!

Morning mate! Well I slept soundly last night :) always sleep so well on CD! Have lost 6lbs since Monday morning - altho I guess when you think about it, I haven't eaten since about 6pm on Sunday so its been more like 65 hours than 48 :) tee hee! So you're beating me (but then you're a bloke so you'll lose much faster anyway!). Congratulations on your HALF A STONE thats friggin' brilliant! No drinking tonight for us, but it will so be worth it!!

I've got a cold coming on, day 4 is always worst for me and I think its gonna hit big-style tomorrow... so I'll have day 4 AND a cold to contend with all at once. Hey ho, best to get it all outta the way in one go methinks!!

Hope you have another good day today - and here's to another loss for tomorrow :D

xxxx

Morning mate! Well I slept soundly last night :) always sleep so well on CD! Have lost 6lbs since Monday morning - altho I guess when you think about it, I haven't eaten since about 6pm on Sunday so its been more like 65 hours than 48 :) tee hee! So you're beating me (but then you're a bloke so you'll lose much faster anyway!). Congratulations on your HALF A STONE thats friggin' brilliant! No drinking tonight for us, but it will so be worth it!!

I've got a cold coming on, day 4 is always worst for me and I think its gonna hit big-style tomorrow... so I'll have day 4 AND a cold to contend with all at once. Hey ho, best to get it all outta the way in one go methinks!!

Hope you have another good day today - and here's to another loss for tomorrow :D

xxxx

Well done! I feel like i have got a cold coming on too, working from home last few days and had heating on full blast and body not warming up that well!!
Your basically half stone down too so well done. Your wedding day focus must be huge incentive for you to keep going and you've lost so much already over your journey. My sister gets married in August too so thats a goal for me to be target weight and have maintained it for that big day too!

Thanks! Yeah it is a big incentive. My major incentive right now, and my target date, is to be at goal for my measurements to be taken, so I can hopefully get a dress that'll be the right size and won't need to many alterations (as they're not free at my dress shop - tight b*stards"). You'll certainly be at goal by your sister's wedding, no problem, it's only taken me this long 'cos I've come on and off the diet so many times. If I'd stuck to it I'd have been at goal a year and a half ago! Silly me. Ah well, this time is different though - it's like the first time all over again motivation-wise and I HAVE to get to goal now, otherwise I'll be a chubby bride!

Are you an usher at the wedding? xx

you'll defo make that target - you've hardly got any way to go now at all you're almost there plus if you think about it January is a **** month everyone is skint and bored so its a good month for dieting as everyone is at it and not much nights out etc.
Yeah i am an usher really looking forward to it - black kilts and looking forward to people i havent seen in a while noticing when i've lost the weight (no pressure then and better do it now)
this forum helps so much, popping online everyday and chatting and comparing experiences, finding it much more motivating which is great
All sorted for the wedding otherwise i hope and not finding all the planning to stressful??

You've got a good point there about Jan, hadn't thought of it like that! Should be easy to avoid the social occasions if there aren't any taking place!!

Black kilts sounds lovely! Wait til you see the looks on their faces when see the slim you- they'll be stunned! :D

Wedding plans are all going ok (I work in Marketing and PR so events organising comes easily to me), had most of it planned back in September, so its just the little bits and pieces now and also the flowers. My only one concern is that we are going for hot pink and baby pink as our colour scheme (my fiance chose it!) and I'm worried that there may be lots of different pinks as none of them seem to match exactly. Still, I guess we could just go for "shades of baby pink and shades of hot pink" lol!!

What are your duties as usher - do you know yet? xx

i was best man at a wedding in the summer in scotland where we were all in black kilts, black shirts, black everything basically on the guys apart from hot pink cravats to match the hot pink bridesmaids dresses - sounds odd but i tell you we all looked the mutts nutts!
yeah know what the usher duties are basically get everyone in and sat down and then get hammered at the bar!
reason i wanna get the weight lost by mid march is im going on a 2 week carribean cruise mid march - yikes i am dreading the food situation as its going to be like a kid in a sweety shop, taking gym stuff so will need to go to gym everyday and try an eat much more sensibly than normal - terrified i pile all the weight back on (once i've actually lost it that is!)

black and pink sounds amazing! My bridesmaids are hot pink and the cravats match too, the blokes are wearing baby pink waistcoasts with the hot pink cravats to contrast - from Moss Bros. looks gorge!

My CDC said one of her clients just got back from a cruise and it was the best place for a diet as its all you can eat salad!! As long as you go for the salad and not the chips lol!

xxx

those outfits sound great i bet you'll all look fantastic!
the pics from the wedding i was at and we were all in black and pink was great - it was like something out of footballers wives as both mothers had hot pink outfits too
apparently cruises now do low carb meals etc and yeah you're right the buffets have everything and anything so for me it will have to be about DISCIPLINE!
and avoiding the midnight chocolate buffets they have apparently

7lbs already whoo hoo!!! You must be over the moon!!! Your doing so well.

Happy New Year when it comes!!!

mmmm....midnight chocolate buffets! Didn't even know they existed! Am contemplating a chocolate fountain for the evening reception!! LOVE chocolate (probably too much!)

Have you tried fruits of the forest flavour shake? just had it for the first time and i cant decide if I like it or not! x

Back