newbie im so confused :/

Hello everyone

Ok I know everyone's possibly asked same questions over and over but here I go.

Ive just been percribed these and im scared death ill **** myself.

In simple terms right how much fat am I looking to have in each meal? Im so confused. Just went to the shop n everything I looked at was like 10+. The dr told me have one with my tea for a week then have 2 another week n so on.

I just dnt get the 15g to 100 rule am I being thick? ?

Please help x x

shellystar4 said:
Hello everyone

Ok I know everyone's possibly asked same questions over and over but here I go.

Ive just been percribed these and im scared death ill **** myself.

In simple terms right how much fat am I looking to have in each meal? Im so confused. Just went to the shop n everything I looked at was like 10+. The dr told me have one with my tea for a week then have 2 another week n so on.

I just dnt get the 15g to 100 rule am I being thick? ?

Please help x x

Hiya! You should aim not to eat anything that has more than 5% fat content, so if something weighs 100g it should have no more than 5g of fat, 10g if it's 200g weight, and so on. And then you shouldn't have more than 15g of fat in total in a meal. There's a stickie on the forum that explains this, but those two rules are the crux of it. If you stick to them, you should have no problems. :) xxx

Don't believe everything you read about these tablets! You will have no problems, as Tracy says, if you stick to the rules. Read the stickies and other people's posts and you'll get a good idea of what to do, ask about anything if you're not sure.

NO food with a TOTAL fat (NOT sat fat) content of more than 5% (5g per 100g)
No more than 15g of fat in each of your 3 meals. Look at the ingredients and add them up for the size of portion you are having.

Good luck,

KB x

Im still dead confused so take for example a chicken breast is 3g fat I can only have another 2g in that meal or is it 15 per meal or 15 over 3 meals!!

Any recipe ideas? ?

Im still dead confused so take for example a chicken breast is 3g fat I can only have another 2g in that meal or is it 15 per meal or 15 over 3 meals!!

Any recipe ideas? ?

With meat choose lean cuts, remove visible fat, and skin (chicken & turkey)
Sainsbury do extra lean beef mince, and lean lamb etc - steak is fine just cut fat off.

Grill rather than fry. Use a spray oil - fry light when cooking.

Loads veg, fruit, plain LF yogurts with berries.

Try and avoid the low fat, high sugar items

Tesco's do a good range of light choices meals which are within the rules

Weight watches meals fit in, pizza etc
Some McCain chips are with the rules

If you look at the back of a packet.. Look per 100g not per portion. The total amount of fat per 100g is 5g or less

In a day it is 45g fat max, no worries if you eat less than that. The tablets still work.

It's 15g fat or less per meal - assuming you eat 3 meals plus snacks.

Your snacks can be 3g/5g fat or less per item - l so go for fruit, carrot sticks, berries, Low Fat yogurts. Etc

Myfitnesspal.com is a good app / website that you can log your food on, and also work out recipe fat totals etc - a lot of us use it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi why have you been told to take only 1 tablet? i take it three times a day i am on week 4. Quorn is low in fat. Yes you can have chicken just make sure it's skinless and if your frying use the spray oil. Good Luck x

Hiya, I think everyone's already answered all the main info you need so good luck with your diet. I think 15g of fat per meal is easily do-able and you'll get used to what you can have. I'm in the habit of repeating a lot of my meals but I have favourites now from doing it so long.

My tips would be: 1) Really fill up on lots of veggies so you're not hungry all the time, 2) Use the One calorie cooking spray, 3) I use lots of the Schwartz spices to add flavour to the food without the cals and fat.

My fave meals are Spag Bol or Chilli made with half extra lean mince and then bulk it out with any of the following; tiny diced carrot, onions, diced pepper, mushrooms etc. Homemade sauce with tinned chopped toms and spices and pasta or rice. Low fat chicken and mushroom curry with rice (I use the coop low fat sauces but there are loads on the market - just check the label for fat content per 100g) Vegetable and chicken stir fry and lots of cooked dinners heaped full of veg with gravy and slimming world style roasters. When I do a cooked dinner I choose one from various options such as pork, chicken, battered chicken breast (ie birdseye), veggi burger etc.

I still don't get it!

Just say you're looking at a Zone bar and the nutritional value looks like this:
Calories 200(836 kJ)
Calories from fat 54
% Daily Value 1
Total Fat6g9%
Sat. Fat4g20%
Trans Fat0g
Cholesterol5mg2%
Sodium290mg12%
Total Carbs.25g8%
Dietary Fiber3g12%
Sugars16g
Protein14g
Calcium200mg
Potassium100mg

What would you figure the fat to be? I am just not getting it!
Thanks.

Just say you're looking at a Zone bar and the nutritional value looks like this:
Calories 200(836 kJ)
Calories from fat 54
% Daily Value 1
Total Fat6g9%
Sat. Fat4g20%
Trans Fat0g
Cholesterol5mg2%
Sodium290mg12%
Total Carbs.25g8%
Dietary Fiber3g12%
Sugars16g
Protein14g
Calcium200mg
Potassium100mg

What would you figure the fat to be? I am just not getting it!
Thanks.

You need to look at the total fat.. 6g

But how heavy is a Zone bar?, if its 25g and 6g fat in the bar that's - way too much fat! That's like 24g fat per 100g - so not within the rules

Mis-behave said:
But how heavy is a Zone bar?, if its 25g and 6g fat in the bar that's - way too much fat! That's like 24g fat per 100g - so not within the rules

Exactly - it does say that 54 of the 200 calories are from fat, so that does indicate around 25%, but like you say we'd need to know the weight of the bar. On the face of it, the fat looks way too high. :) xx

Yes, they are 50g. I am sooo confused by this - it hasn't "clicked" yet. So if it's 50grams and the fat is 6g, wouldn't that still be under the 15%? I am having such a hard time - I appreciate the help. I haven't started Orlistat yet and I want to make sure I have it figured out before I start.

Yes, they are 50g. I am sooo confused by this - it hasn't "clicked" yet. So if it's 50grams and the fat is 6g, wouldn't that still be under the 15%? I am having such a hard time - I appreciate the help. I haven't started Orlistat yet and I want to make sure I have it figured out before I start.

It is 5grams fat in 100gs and that is total fat! Per item!
15 grams fat per meal - which includes more than 1 item - eg chicken Breast(no skin) baked in foil with herbs etc. loads fresh veg, new potatoes .

45 grams fat per day or less than that - split over 3 meals and 1 snack

Back