newbie im so confused :/

Oh, my! Wasn't that wishful thinking.

Trust me it's better to be safe than sorry...I had a meal out which I didn't think would have that much fat and when I got home and entered on My Fitness Pal I was horrified my meal fat total was 37g and oh boy did I suffer the next day....But lucky I was working from home all day or I would never have lasted in the office. So make sure you know exactly how much fat your eating as the risk is just not worth it. xxx

Since I haven't started, I'm trying to figure this whole thing out. I work out of my home for 2 days a week (Tues and Wed). If I want to avoid any unpleasantness, should I not take the pill after Sunday and then restart when I get home Wednesday? I don't always have a bathroom available to me.
Also, the side effect about difficulty controlling your bowel movements, will you feel an urge so that you can get to the bathroom in time? Is it like the prepping for a colonoscopy where as soon as you feel the urge, you run to the bathroom?
Thank you so much.

Don't worry so much you will be fine as long as you stick to 15g per meal...I have been on them for 2 weeks and never had any accidents. Except for when I over did that 1 meal xxx

I'm back with more questions.
Frosted Flakes (I'm not going to eat them, just trying to figure it out. Can you please break this down for me? I know they're not good for you but according to this, it doesn't look that bad.

Serving Size: 1 cup

Amount Per Serving

• Calories 160.0
  • Total Fat 0.0 g
  • Saturated Fat 0.0 g
  • Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g
  • Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g

drich said:
I'm back with more questions.
Frosted Flakes (I'm not going to eat them, just trying to figure it out. Can you please break this down for me? I know they're not good for you but according to this, it doesn't look that bad.

Serving Size: 1 cup

Amount Per Serving

[*]Calories 160.0
[*]Total Fat 0.0 g
[*]Saturated Fat 0.0 g
[*]Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g
[*]Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
[*]

Well they'd be fine from an Orlistat point of view. Daresay there's a lot of sugar in them? What country are you in? :) xx

I'm in the U.S.
And how about Eggbeaters: Would that be considered 0 grams then and I wouldn't have to count it at all?

Serving Size 3 Tbsp (46g)
Servings Per Container about 10

Amount Per Serving
Calories 25
Calories from Fat 0

% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g0%
Saturated Fat 0g0%
Trans Fat 0g

And a hard-boiled egg with this info: How would you figure it out?

• Calories 70.0
  • Total Fat 4.0 g
  • Saturated Fat 2.0 g
  • Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g
  • Monounsaturated Fat

I am obviously (VERY) having trouble figuring out the percentages.

Thank you for your patience.

Aah, that explains why we don't know the products you're talking about! :) Wrll, those Eggbeaters (whatever they are, lol) have zero fat, so they're fine. As for a boiled egg, I suppose you'd need to weigh it to strictly work out the fat content - so it would be 4g divided by the weight of the egg in grams, then multiply the result by 100 (apologies if you already know perfectly well how to calculate %s, lol). However, I know some people report bad consequences with eggs and Orlistat, so be wary - hate eggs myself, so have no firsthand experience! :) xx

Back