Newbie/Started 6/6/11

It's great having support on here Rach. I have a renewed focus thanks to you all and the weight watchers group. I think trying to lose weight on your own is really hard and this forum is fab.
The hospital visit went ok, thanks.

Mandy

well done hun - first stone gone :D:D

Thanks Mrs a, it's nice to see the first stone gone :D, still quite a few to go but a stone at a time is all i'm thinking of at the moment.
Going back to the docs next wednesday (6/7) for a review but i couldn't get to see my doc so i'm in with the next best. Just hope his scales are similar to the original ones i started out on!!! When i got weighed at ww their scales had me at 4lbs heavier :eek: !

Mandy

Scales are a pain in the ass!! I've had a right game with variuos scales at my monthly check!!..good luck with your check!

Even if the other docs scales show a smaller loss, I'm sure he'll still prescribe another months supply. I think you have to lose around 3kgs in the first month.

Mandy

After 3months on Xenical, to stay on it you need to have lost 5% of your body weight, after 6 months 10%

The first few losses are usually really good ones, my first week I lost 10lbs, the first month I lost 16lbs...I fell off the wagon twice around the start of the year,so barely lost anything some weeks, pulling it back now though :)

You'll do fine!

Thanks bunny hops, i've already lost 5% in the first month, so i shouldn't worry i suppose.

Mandy

You're doing brilliantly...I wouldn't worry, I bet your docs will be very happy with your losses!

Guess what?

I had to cancel next weeks weigh-in due to unforseen circumstances but the receptionist offered me a cancellation for this afternoon so i took it.

That freaky thing happened :eek: ! in three weeks and three days i've lost 8.5kgs :eek: thats a total of 18lbs.............well i could of kissed him :D. He was so happy for me and i couldn't stop grinning. I hasten to add he'd written the next months xenical prescription before i'd sat down again after putting my shoes back on.
So guys don't dread the monthly weigh-in cos you never know what might happen?:wee:

Mandy

wow !!! - that's marvellous Mandy:happy096:

So many of the ladies on here including myself are nervous of the monthly weigh-in. I think this is because if the weight isn't coming off as the doctor would like, it's the fear of them refusing us the xenical. Actually we all will have a month where we will lose less than before or maybe not at all. It happens.

Mandy

Well done Mandy, that's brilliant!!

At some point the weight loss will slow, it will plateau, the hard part is trying to get our doctors to listen to us, some of the mine, including ,mine know very little about weight loss..I know mine got completely confused when one week I lost 9lbs then another I stayed the same..We'll all get there in the end, just the road we're on and the journey we take :)

Aw that's brill mandy well done!!

I haven't had a huge 10 weight loss I think it's bc I've been loosing weight over a year and 2st before I started xen - I'm still following the same plan (sw) so I dont think my body has done That shock drop!! But well done that's ace! Hope my wi goes as well!! Xx

Thanks Mizkirsty, I'm still in shock really. Even doing lighterlife i didn't lose weight this quickly. I know it will slow down but hopefully not too soon.

Mandy

Well done Mandy you must be really pleased!
I've got my 1st weigh in tomorrow after starting on Xenical and I think I've lost about 9lb in the last 4 weeks I'm happy with that especially as I stopped the tablets for a week so I could enjoy my Birthday weekend away! Will let you know what the official weight loss is tomorrow though!

HVe any of you flushed your systems with drinking loads before a weigh in?! Does it help?! X

I try not to drink too much fluid before a weigh-in, because i scared of retaining it. I do drink a lot of tea, coffee and sugar free squash any other time. I'm not sure if i'm doing the right thing but it seems to be working for me at moment and 'if it ain't broke don't try to fix it' lol

Mandy

Thanks Rach, having a tough time at the mo, flipping totm and all i want to do is eat sweet things. Had a banana and 3 mini ww carrot cakes, still within my points but still could fridge raid. I'm off to bed and hope tomorrow i've got over it.

Mandy

Back