newbie...starting the weightloss journey!!

deffo getting there ty guys :) cant believe its actually shifting as ive done so many diets n fads an id lose some then straight back on:( so this is great...and i hate to admit it but.....i loook forward to going to the gym lol xx

well done!! emmey,8lb is a mega start.Going have to keep my act together with all this competion,lol.
have to agree,looking forward to the gym is definately weird..must be all this healthy food;)

Hey you two, not seen you around much, how's it going? Manage to lose another 5 at my WI yesterday so I'm pretty chuffed :)hope its going okay with you both

Hiya Emmey,sorry for the lack of posts,but work gets in the way a lot.lol
You have done fab at your recent WI and I know how that feels cos I've lost another 5lb too and I'm really happy about that.It's weird doing SW online as you are on your lonesome,but I think being on here is a definate positive for me.It's really helped having you guy's around:grouphugg:
(I love emoticons,sorry!!,lol)I always find the begining of dieting tough.I lost 3 stones before on other diets etc but always seem to put it back on:(I'm hoping this time I will get myself sorted.Never done SW before but I'm finding it great.Need to get my exercise sorted out next, and follow spuggles example,lol,but really struggle with work commitments.
Just wondered if you're getting your exercise sorted emmey?

Last edited:
You have done so well to lose 10lb in two weeks. I wish I will achieve that. I started on the Asda measure up diet yesterday so early days yet. I am determined to lose this weight forever. I have been stuggling with my weight all my life. Good luck to you and everyone else on this forum.

Hey :) well I did my first 30 minute dance on Thursday, yes it about killed me but I did survive! Lol I have another 30 mins a day until WI Wednesday, I'd really love to see the effects! Set a 4lbs target for week 3 WI which should be do-able despite going out for a curry tonight (see diary) keeping syns below 5 this week and making the right choices for the curry so I'm hoping with my exercise thrown in too that I'll still get a good loss, here's hoping!! Im the sort of person who only looks at food and puts on weight! (okay so I guess eating it doesn't help lol)

Stick around here, especially if your not going to group, share your success but also any struggles so you can read back and help push you on when you need it :)

Hi Emmy...shamed to say...just read your diary and found it really inspirational.It's good to know others have same issues around weight and you are'nt the only one:(
Seems you have made good choices for your curry night,mmm...just love a good curry (and being an ex-chef...cooking them as well-asian food is my speciality.lol,although it has'nt helped my waist line much:cry:)I'll keep everything crossed for your WI on Wed.What sort of dancing have you being doing?and have you enjoyed it more than you thought..even though it nearly killed you:8855:?
Definatley will post my struggles as well(even though us blokes don't like to admit them) as my success's
Swinah,it's seems pretty cool here,so hope you post more to get support on your weight loss journey.
How are you finding your asda diet?
O.K going to have my SW curry (no larger) and watch X-factor:eek:,lol

WoofWoof said:
Hi Emmy...shamed to say...just read your diary and found it really inspirational.It's good to know others have same issues around weight and you are'nt the only one:(
Seems you have made good choices for your curry night,mmm...just love a good curry (and being an ex-chef...cooking them as well-asian food is my speciality.lol,although it has'nt helped my waist line much:cry:)I'll keep everything crossed for your WI on Wed.What sort of dancing have you being doing?and have you enjoyed it more than you thought..even though it nearly killed you:8855:?
Definatley will post my struggles as well(even though us blokes don't like to admit them) as my success's
Swinah,it's seems pretty cool here,so hope you post more to get support on your weight loss journey.
How are you finding your asda diet?
O.K going to have my SW curry (no larger) and watch X-factor:eek:,lol

Oh, maybe you should have cooked my curry! Do love a good curry (hence my waistline also lol) although of you read my latest diary entry my body didn't quite agree with it - will spare the details ;)

The near death dancing I have been doing is just general pop/hip hop music stuff on the xbox kinect, don't admit to being very good at it but it gets the heart racing which is apparently a good thing lol I just can't do the usual exercise DVDs, I get so bored easily I need to be dancing (in the privacy of my own home of course!)

Defiantly stay around and post, I'm finding this site a great help and inspiration, and somewhere I can go when I'd literally kill for a bit of cake! Muahaha! :)

These x- box kinect seem a good idea,think I'll have to check them out-bit of a technophobe,lol.
I've been doing a lot more walking with my dog,Bertie,which has pleased him:)(the wife,I'm ashamed to say does most his exercising)I guess I've been to lazy to go in the past:(
Wonder how spuggle is going on?

WoofWoof said:
These x- box kinect seem a good idea,think I'll have to check them out-bit of a technophobe,lol.
I've been doing a lot more walking with my dog,Bertie,which has pleased him:)(the wife,I'm ashamed to say does most his exercising)I guess I've been to lazy to go in the past:(
Wonder how spuggle is going on?

Must admit their great! It's just like doing any exercise DVD but it can actually tell you if your not doing it right based on your body positioning! So you know your getting it exactly right!
I walk and train dogs all day long lol as im a trainer for guide dogs and also have my own choccie Labrador so it's second nature, but for me, walking just doesn't get my heart rate up enough so have to add extra exercise on top of my 6odd hours of walking I probably get through! Great for you to be spending more time with the wife and Bertie though :) well done

Been very quite, hope spuggle is doing well, I'm sure she is, would just be great to hear about it :)
When's your WI day?

I weigh in on Fridays.
just got a copy of SW curry feast..looks really good...even for a purist like me.Looks like a good way to be a curryholic and get a 'fix' without busting the diet.
I think your're right I need to do something to push the old heart rate more than just walking..that's some serious walking you do:eek: though.
I will make it my goal this week to sort something out.
Was going to ask how you been diet wise this week?but thought you may have posted that on your diary..so I'll check that out,lol

Hehe yeah all my info is in the diary :) been really good to make up for my
I had a minor heart attack when I got on the scales (never do that!! Unless it's WI) and noticed I had put on a pound, but then had lost 2 pound by the evening lol stupid scales

I only need 1lbs off for my stone award on Wednesday but I did aim for 4 this week, maybe optimistic, I'll be happy with 3 though - ran out of time for exercise yesterday and won't have the time this evening so will put in a hard 30 mins tomorrow and set myself up with a proper fitness program this weekend as I think I could be focusing on specific areas now rather than just dancing around my living room like a drunk! Haha

see you've been unwell-hope you feeling better.trouble is the temptation to eat 'goodies' is intensified when you're like this.
Only 1lb for a stone is really cool and I'm sure you'll shift at least another 3(just stay away from those scales before your WI on wed,lol)
nothing wrong about dancing around your living room-as long as you're on your own!

WoofWoof said:
see you've been unwell-hope you feeling better.trouble is the temptation to eat 'goodies' is intensified when you're like this.
Only 1lb for a stone is really cool and I'm sure you'll shift at least another 3(just stay away from those scales before your WI on wed,lol)
nothing wrong about dancing around your living room-as long as you're on your own!

Can't say the dogs very impressed with my dancing! Haha thanks, seem to have avoided anything too nasty, just a sore throat which went away, think it's because it's been so warm in the evenings, and generally when I'm asleep my
Body temperature rises to an unhealthy level like a car overheating lol I am my own personal hot water bottle! :)

helloooooo im still alive lol just been mega busy lol working out keeping a house and working is interfering with my minimins time how very rudeeee lol x wd both on your weight loss you are both doing fab , i managed another 2lbs this week so thats 12lb so far woohoooo and im loving the gym lol if some1 would have told me i would be saying that a few months back i would have shouted liarrrrrrr liarrrrr bums on fire lol x so hows you both been and have you both been good hehe ;) xx

spuggle said:
helloooooo im still alive lol just been mega busy lol working out keeping a house and working is interfering with my minimins time how very rudeeee lol x wd both on your weight loss you are both doing fab , i managed another 2lbs this week so thats 12lb so far woohoooo and im loving the gym lol if some1 would have told me i would be saying that a few months back i would have shouted liarrrrrrr liarrrrr bums on fire lol x so hows you both been and have you both been good hehe ;) xx

Nice to see you back! So rude when life gets in the way of minimins time :)
I for one have been a pretty good girl, Wednesday will tell the truth tho :) as wd on the loss! Not far for your first stone!! Brilliant :)

Nice to see you back! So rude when life gets in the way of minimins time :)
I for one have been a pretty good girl, Wednesday will tell the truth tho :) as wd on the loss! Not far for your first stone!! Brilliant :)

i know im chuffed and feeling fab for it :) just hoping to lose 2lb this week get rid of the 1st stone woohoooo glad to hear you have been good :) ive been good also althou choc craving tonight my son has a choccie on the side and its haunting me but i will resist....i will honest lol x

Spuggle your back!!!
Really pleased to see you're still mega positive(and resisting the choccy):angeldevil:lol.
We all seem to be at the 1 stone mark-no sweat!!!(I hope)
This gym thing has gone to your head:brainfart: which I think is great!!!,both you girls seem to be really getting the exercise thing sorted.
Emmey,I've got my dog looking at me now:doggy:and he's not impressed with all these veggies I'm eating-cos he don't seem to want any:rolleyes:
My Mrs is always overheating,but I just think thats her age..SSsssshh,lol

WoofWoof said:
Spuggle your back!!!
Really pleased to see you're still mega positive(and resisting the choccy):angeldevil:lol.
We all seem to be at the 1 stone mark-no sweat!!!(I hope)
This gym thing has gone to your head:brainfart: which I think is great!!!,both you girls seem to be really getting the exercise thing sorted.
Emmey,I've got my dog looking at me now:doggy:and he's not impressed with all these veggies I'm eating-cos he don't seem to want any:rolleyes:
My Mrs is always overheating,but I just think thats her age..SSsssshh,lol

Don't use her age as an excuse for over heating! Mainly because I do that and I'm 26 going on 18 lol :p
I have a hard time with veggies and my dog, I've never fed him 'dog treats' (have some real opinions on dog food companies!) he's grown up with carrots, apples and pears for treats so is highly unimpressed when I eat them and dont share!

Back