Newbie to Weight Watchers

I'm on simple start this week though so doing that filling and healthy thing? Not sure there are crisps that I can have? Also, do you know if any of the Schwartz packet mixes, for like shepherds pie or chicken curry, are free? Is there any way I can find out the value of them for when I go onto pro points? if I do? x

Oops , forgot u were on SS! I think you can only have the WW Crisps whilst on that?

I think all Those mixes have the Nutritional info so you'd just have to work them out. X

ahh ok cool thanks hun

Hi Sammy - thanks for the good luck. Just munching on my tuna sandwich :D yummy :)

I am enjoying it so far just trying to get used to what I can and can't have. Finally found how to change my trackers to SS for F&H instead of pro points, which is helping me out a lot :) xx

cool :) thanks

I'm on F&H at the moment as it's my first week so no point yet. Will see how I get on with simple start - been eating those Warburton's brown thins - they're gorgeous! and really filling x

I've never tried those Thins either! They are always reduced in the supermarket so I really should try them! X

They're amazing! They taste absolutely gorgeous, especially the brown ones, and they're free on F&H.

Found a recipe yesterday for baked chilli chickpeas so I'm going to give that a go this evening. Made myself some pop corn last night. Asda's "wholefoods" popping corn doesn't need oil to cook either. Only ingredient listed on the package is corn. Was really nice too and makes loads so I have some for my lunch today :D

This is the recipe for baked chilli chickpeas (yummy):

Curry Roasted Chickpeas from Canned Beans
1 1/2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
Preheat oven to 400F. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Spray a baking sheet with canola oil and spread chickpeas out in a single layer. Bake, stirring every 15 minutes, until golden and crunchy, about 45-50 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s) | Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Makes 6 servings. Per serving: 72 Calories (kcal); 1g Total Fat; (8% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 180mg Sodium; 3g Fiber.

Oh and here's another cheeky one for fat free crisps :D

[h=2]Microwave Potato Chips[/h][h=4]Ingredients[/h]
  • medium russet potato
  • parchment paper
  • salt
  • optional seasonings: chili powder, Creole seasoning, Old Bay seasoning, etc.

[h=4]Instructions[/h]
  • Using a mandolin or v-slicer, slice one medium russet potato (peeled, if you like) as thinly as possible, taking care that all slices are the same thickness. Line the turntable tray of your microwave with parchment paper and place the potato slices on it without overlapping. Salt lightly and sprinkle with your choice of seasonings.
  • Microwave at full power–watching closely–until spots of brown begin to appear, about 4-6 minutes. Turn off the microwave for 1 minute. Microwave again at full power until the slices are golden brown. (Be very careful not to over-brown or they will taste burned.) Remove from the microwave and allow to cool. Repeat until all potato slices are cooked.

[h=4]Variations[/h]Salt and Vinegar Chips: Dip each potato slice into cider vinegar before putting it on the parchment paper. Sprinkle with salt before microwaving.

Preparation time: 10 minute(s) | Cooking time: 12 minute(s)

I made Roasted Chickpeas last time I did WW with Nandos Salt, they were yummy :)

How did you make your Popcorn? X

Just used the popping corn from Asda. Whacked 100grams into a large saucepan, put lid on. Gently warmed it over a medium heat, kept shaking it every now and then, then after around 5 - 7 minutes it started to pop. Just keep shaking the pan so the kernels don't stick. Then once popped, waited for it all to stop popping as it takes a while when taken off the heat, put it in a mahoosive bowl as it made loads and put salt on it as I love salted butter!

Apparently you can also make it but spray the pan with the fry light buttery to give it a buttery taste and you can problaby spray the popcorn after with the fry light buttery for an extra buttery taste :)

So much tastier than the microwave popcorn stuff - yummy :D

Just used the popping corn from Asda. Whacked 100grams into a large saucepan, put lid on. Gently warmed it over a medium heat, kept shaking it every now and then, then after around 5 - 7 minutes it started to pop. Just keep shaking the pan so the kernels don't stick. Then once popped, waited for it all to stop popping as it takes a while when taken off the heat, put it in a mahoosive bowl as it made loads and put salt on it as I love salted butter!

Apparently you can also make it but spray the pan with the fry light buttery to give it a buttery taste and you can problaby spray the popcorn after with the fry light buttery for an extra buttery taste :)

So much tastier than the microwave popcorn stuff - yummy :D

I'm gonna try this in my Jamie Oliver Saucepan!!!! Will put some cinnamon on it x

I'm not keen on cinnamon but I'm going to try some chili powder on my next load :D x

I'm not keen on cinnamon but I'm going to try some chili powder on my next load :D x

I've always thought of popcorn as sweet, maybe that's my OCD! X

Lol Sammy - nope not tried it before but I love chilli and I love popcorn so hopefully the two go together haha we'll soon see.

Oh by the way, tried the curry baked chickpeas last night - erm not a fan lol x

Lol Sammy - nope not tried it before but I love chilli and I love popcorn so hopefully the two go together haha we'll soon see.

Oh by the way, tried the curry baked chickpeas last night - erm not a fan lol x

Oh no! :( Well we live and learn hun. I tried something a few weeks ago and it was yuk but tbh, the majority of ww recipes I have tried have been delicious. The mags have some lovely meals in them btw.

Let us know how the chilli popcorn is. I'm intrigued :D

Lol Sammy - nope not tried it before but I love chilli and I love popcorn so hopefully the two go together haha we'll soon see. Oh by the way, tried the curry baked chickpeas last night - erm not a fan lol x

I liked them but found they took AGES in my oven to shrink them down and dry them out. X

I will test it out tonight and let you know tomorrow lol :)

Thinking about this filling and healthy and the majority of slimming world recipes can be used. Really would reccommend Mushy Pea Curry = sounds disgusting, doesn't look great but oh my life it tastes so good! AND it's gorgeous as a filling on jacket potatoes!

1 onion, chopped
2 cans of mushy peas
1 can of baked beans
curry powder to taste
Salt & Pepper to taste

Fry chopped onion in fry light until brown and soft, you can add mushrooms or any other veg too if you want, then add the peas and beans and curry powder - mix it all together and leave it simmering for around 15 - 20 minutes. Keep stirring as sometimes it can stick to the bottom of the pan lol

When done and nice and hot then you can serve straight away with rice or slimming world chips or over a jacket or some people blend it to use it as a sauce.

YUMMY!!!!

I will test it out tonight and let you know tomorrow lol :) Thinking about this filling and healthy and the majority of slimming world recipes can be used. Really would reccommend Mushy Pea Curry = sounds disgusting, doesn't look great but oh my life it tastes so good! AND it's gorgeous as a filling on jacket potatoes! 1 onion, chopped 2 cans of mushy peas 1 can of baked beans curry powder to taste Salt & Pepper to taste Fry chopped onion in fry light until brown and soft, you can add mushrooms or any other veg too if you want, then add the peas and beans and curry powder - mix it all together and leave it simmering for around 15 - 20 minutes. Keep stirring as sometimes it can stick to the bottom of the pan lol When done and nice and hot then you can serve straight away with rice or slimming world chips or over a jacket or some people blend it to use it as a sauce. YUMMY!!!!

Sounds Yum but does it mean you're a bit wind-powered afterwards? X

Yep - that's the downside to it lol but it is yummy and worth it

Back