newbie with a question

mummyamy

hi all, i have just ordered my packs, expecting them to arrive after the weekend. i really want to get started straight away however i have a wedding to attend the 29th. i just want to get started straight away but obviously a meal will be involved at the reception. sorry if im posting in the wrong place. i don't want to starrt the diet 'cheating' but i also want to get started right away? many thanks and again sorry if posted in the wrong place x

I've just realised how many times I've said the phrase i want to get started straight away! sorry! x

Hi Mummyamy, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. All the advice I can give is from my own experience.

I am enjoying the diet and after a few weeks am finding it easy to stick to. It's quite a dramatic change and can be hard the first couple of weeks so you really need to want it.

I don't think starting the diet and then having a meal will cause you any harm, but it will be a huge effort for you to stop eating again afterwards. The hunger stays with you for a few days and in effect if you start on Monday and then eat at the weekend, you will have to start over again with hunger! If I were you, I would either wait until after the wedding.

I did have a birthday party to go to which involved going to Jamie's Italian for dinner two weeks into the diet. I agonised over the menu for ages and decided in the end that I didn't want to eat and stick to the diet so I took a bar to the restaurant and explained I was on a special diet and had a couple of coffees and a bar instead. Is this something you could consider?

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Fiona

Thankyou fifisands, I'm not sure how she would react to me not eating the meal. I guess because they have spent a lot of money for us to spend their special day with them I would feel guilty. I have done CD twice so kind of have a feeling how hard it is to stop eating. I may just eat the meal but not any of the 'Bad' stuff like dessert etc. I may change my mind closer to the day I just don't want to fail again. Decisions decisions. Thankyou once again xx

Back