Newbie :-)

eddiesmum2002

Hey guys

Have done every diet under the sun & so, here I am, about to embark on calorie-counting! Fed up of maintaining on Slimming World and calculating points on Weight Watchers!!!

I'm setting myself a calorie allowance of 1400 for the first week to see how my losses go and aim to bring it down by 50 cals a week to 1200 to ease myself in, does that sound okay? I'm really only aiming for around 1-2lbs maximum a week as want the slow & steady approach - done it quick before - had weight rebound & gained it plus more back!

Hope you're all doing great the losses on here are really inspirational :)

Siobhan xx

Hi Eddiesmum.
The best thing to do is to calculate your BMR (google BMR calculator). This will give you the amount of daily calories you can eat without gaining or losing weight. Starting on 1400 a day and gradually reducing the amount to 1200 sounds like a good plan.
I was on SW some years ago and lost some weight and then I got fed up with it! I find calorie counting suits me better and it's easy and cheap.

Hello :) i am new also and starting my calorie counting diet tomorrow, i am aiming for 1200 calories each day. Wish you loads of luck! x

Last edited:
Thanks guys xx

Good luck hun, sounds good to me too . Definitely check out your BMR as mentioned above too as it helps to see what the calorie defecit is. Also keep checking your BMR each month and thar will give you and idea of when to drop your cals . All the best x

Good luck and welcome to calorie counting :)

Back