Newbie :)

Started Rosemary Conley yesterday. I'm doing it alone as I can't really afford to go to class and don't have the time. I'm having 1200 calories a day and sticking to the below 5% fat rule.
Got the morrocan chicken recipe in the slow cooker.
So far so good :)

Hi!

I'm the same, I'm doing 1200 cals and less than 5% fat rule as I too can't afford to go to the class. I have paid £20.00 for the inch loss book, magic measure and portion pots though - by heck they were a shocker this morning when I poured my cereal! I must usually have at least 3 portions?!

Good luck on your journey, hope we all find what we're looking for on the forum

Katey x

Hi and welcome!

How was the moroccan chicken? I'd love to make something like that but my fiance doesn't like spicy food, can be annoying at times!
I know what you mean Katey about portions, I found them a shocker too when I first started... counting out 12 grapes for a power snack when before I'd have eaten a whole punnet, lol! You do get used to it though.

Remember it's only 1200 cals for the first two weeks then you move up to 1400, that kept me sane for the first couple of weeks :)

Good luck x

Hi Ange

Great to hear from someone - I can't believe how quiet this forum is compared to WW and SW!

I've packed my lunch this morning and had to do a double take when I realised I could only have 12 grapes! I too would have had the whole punnet thinking I was being good!

I'm already starting to get used to the portion sizes of food. The one thing that has shocked me the most is lunchtime. I've been having a bagel with extra light philly and smoked salmon, with my power snack around 3.30pm. I can't believe how satisfied I feel. My usual lunch would have been a large (and I mean, large) pasta salad with fattening sauce, followed by Tyrells crisps, a Yorkie - sometimes two - and a can of diet coke. And I'd still be wanting to nip downstairs for a large bag of M&Ms or something... worrying!

Feeling very pleased that I've stuck to it so far, it seems so logical. I was an overeater at SW and used my points on bad choices with WW, so hopefully this simple portion control will be the answer I've been looking for.

How is your journey? Very envious and impressed at your 16lbs so far, well done you!

Kate x

Back