Newbies food diary, water challenge and C25k log...

Dolil said:
Hi, hope you don't mind me nosing in..just wondered how much water you're drinking and if you feel it's helping? I started last week trying to drink more too and lost 2lb but not sure how much is enough xx

Nose in as much as you like! I initially aimed for 2l (as this seems to be recommended) but to be honest, I'm lucky if I manage 1l a day. I do drink a lot of tea though, which I'm sure must count! My philosophy is that ANY water is more than I used to drink, so that can only be a good thing!

kerry2285 said:
Well done on your weight loss this week :) your doing fab!

Do you use your wii much for exercise? I have wii fit, fit plus and both the just dance but just never feel like doing them! Im toying with the idea of buying the zumba as i've heard its really fun and its broken into 3 min work outs so not too bad!

Well done with your loss and keep up the fantastic work x

Hi Kerry :)

I did use my Wii last year for exercise, and had set myself a little 20 minute routine, which I should really get back into. I don't have any of the dance ones as I am
Probably the most uncoordinated person in the entire universe! Do you know if people with two left feet and no control over their arms can cope with zumba? If so, I might give it a go!

Hi Kerry :)

I did use my Wii last year for exercise, and had set myself a little 20 minute routine, which I should really get back into. I don't have any of the dance ones as I am
Probably the most uncoordinated person in the entire universe! Do you know if people with two left feet and no control over their arms can cope with zumba? If so, I might give it a go!

Yes - me and my mum! lol She's just brought it and im awaiting her verdict. I do know someone who has been doing it every day for the last month or so and she's not really done dance classes before, well she now swears by it! I like the idea that the more u do the higher the levels - bit of a challenge!

Im just about to stick just dance 2 on after all this talk! I cant dance to save my life but I love the music and I can easily loose an hour just dancing to song after song - I just hope no one ever see's me. Haha!!

Charmel said:
Nose in as much as you like! I initially aimed for 2l (as this seems to be recommended) but to be honest, I'm lucky if I manage 1l a day. I do drink a lot of tea though, which I'm sure must count! My philosophy is that ANY water is more than I used to drink, so that can only be a good thing!

That was my plan too but hasn't happened so far, just so much to drink! I suppose it must count either way, not diet coke though which I'm weening myself off! I'll just wait and see how I go on at 1 litre then :) x

Breakfast
Fat free yoghurt, apple

Lunch
Apple, 2 satsumas, fat free yoghurt, alpen light (hexb)

Dinner
Chicken curry and rice, made with garlic, fresh chilli, shallots, tinned tomatoes, courgettes, new potatoes, peppers, peas

Snacks
fudge (6)
Alpen light (hexb) - heated to make it like flapjack (thanks Kerry) yum!
Mini milk (1.5)

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
Diet coke

Total syns - 7.5 :)

Only downside is I'm going away with work tomorrow for a couple of days, which usually involves lots of food and alcohol!

Extra Easy

Breakfast
Fat free yoghurt, banana

Lunch
Jacket potato, beans, pineapple

Dinner
2 course Indian meal (?)
2 bottles of beer (18)

Snacks
Alpen light (hexb)
Banana

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
Diet coke
0.5l water

Total syns - 18+ flexi day

Survived without syns all day to lessen the impact of my evening out!

Extra Easy

Breakfast
Mandarins, fat free yoghurt

Lunch
Potato wedges and beans
Fruit salad

Dinner
Salt and pepper chicken (15) with onions, chilli and rice

Snacks
Alpen light (hexb)

Drinks
0.5l water
Tea (hexa)
Diet coke

Total syns - 15

Just about to go away for the weekend, but will do my best to stick to plan, as I've already had a day over syns.

Extra Easy

Breakfast
Fat free yoghurt, apple

Lunch
Fat free yoghurt, strawberries

Dinner
Poached egg, bacon and spaghetti (no superfree, but hey!)

Snacks
Alpen light (hexb)

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
Diet coke

Total syns - 0 so far

Green

Breakfast
Fat free yoghurt

Lunch
risotto (2) with onions, garlic and peas

Dinner
Mediterranean bake with chicken (hexb), potatoes, courgettes, garlic, onion and tinned tomatoes

Snacks
Alpen light (hexb)

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
Diet coke
Wine (6)

Total syns - 8

Extra Easy

Breakfast
Eggs, bacon, hash brown (4), tomatoes

Lunch
Courgette soup with onion, garlic and potato

Dinner
Chicken curry (homemade) Chinese style, with chicken, onions, rice, garlic, peppers, spring onions and peas

Snacks
Fairy cakes (3), lolly (1), poppadoms (6), smarties (9)
Alpen light (hexb)

Drinks
Diet coke
Tea (hexa)
Beer (9)

Total syns - 32

To be honest, I've had the munchies all day today, and could have eaten non-stop, so although I am over my syns, it could have been a lot worse! And given that I've had a few bad days I'm not expecting to lose this week!

Green

Breakfast
Fat free yoghurt, alpen light (hexb)

Lunch
Egg sandwich on milk roll bread (5) and an apple (on a picnic!)

Dinner
Ham (hexb) eggs and potatoes

Snacks
Fairy cake (1), alpen light (hexb)

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
Diet coke
Milk (hexa)

Total syns - 6

Well done on sticking so close to plan when away! I say so long as we enjoy those extra syns and know to get back on track without feeling guilty then why not :) hope you had a lovely weekend x

Thanks Kerry - the weekend was worth it!

I had a look at zumba on YouTube. It looks hard! Maybe I'll just get back on track with my C25k

Um I am new this week and joining on wed and I definately want to do the water challenge but can I ask what the c25k challenge is please?!

Looks like you are doing really well so far x

Mini Mum said:
Um I am new this week and joining on wed and I definately want to do the water challenge but can I ask what the c25k challenge is please?!

Looks like you are doing really well so far x

Hi minimum :)

C25k is a program designed to get you from being a couch potato to being able to run 5k in nine weeks. Its supported by the NHS. There is a full thread somewhere on here all about it. I am a complete exercise phobe but tbh I've found it great!

Good luck with your first week

Charmel

Just back from food shopping. Pretty much without fail I shop at sainsburys, but after my bill of £106 for five days food last week, I decided to try somewhere new. So, on my day off I have been to aldi and asda! And bought five days food for £65! Massive difference! And without any compromise on brands either ;-)

So, full fruit bowl :)

Weighed in this afternoon...

STS for me! To be expected after the week I've had. It's spurred me on to stay on plan this week.

1lb off for hubby, who has just got his 1st stone award! Yippee for him!

wow thats lots! no wonder you went elsewhere this week. Ive noticed my tesco bill is getting bigger and bigger but as I dont drive its a bit harder to get to the bargins. Thats such a good saving though! ever penny counts as they say!

Well done on STS maybe a big loss next week for you :) and well done to your hubby's 1st stone award!!

Zumba was hardish on first go but im getting into it. I have two left feet but enjoying it. Have to admin I had no idea what c25k was either.....thank you :)

Extra Easy

Breakfast
Bacon barm (6), banana

Lunch
Apple, satsuma, muller light, alpen light (hexb)

Dinner
Tried salt and pepper chicken at home but it was awful :-( Just ate the rice.

Snacks
Apple, alpen light (hexb), frozen fat free yoghurt

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
Diet coke

Total syns - 6

Extra Easy

Breakfast
Apple, muller light

Lunch
Apple, satsumas, alpen light (hexb)

Dinner
Homemade risotto (3 for oil) with garlic, onion, chicken and peas

Snacks
Alpen light (hexb), mini milk (1.5), four pieces of bournville (8) but omg it was good!

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
Diet coke

Total syns - 12.5

I am so back on track!!!

Extra Easy

Breakfast
Peach, muller light

Lunch
Chicken, pasta and rocket (2)

Dinner
Salt and pepper chicken with rice, chillis, onion, carrot and spring onion (15)

Snacks
Alpen light (hexb), apple, satsuma

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
Diet coke

Total syns - 17

Not exactly 1/3 superfree, but not so bad considering.

Back