Newbies food diary, water challenge and C25k log...

Has anyone seen my halo? I'm sat in caffe Nero with a mug of tea and a fruit salad, whilst my daughter is eating a pink cupcake!

The halo slipped! A bite of an ice cream, half a dozen mini smarties and candy floss!!! Hmmm, 10 syns?!

Day 23 EE

Breakfast
Fat free yoghurt, banana

Snack
Melon, apple, kiwi, grape, pineapple, alpen light (hexb)

Lunch
Steamed salmon, tomatoes, cucumber, egg, fat free yoghurt

Snack
Candy floss (8?), mini smarties (1), ice-cream (1)

Dinner
SW fried rice with spring onions and peas

Drinks
Tea (hexa). Diet coke, 0.5l water

I feel like I fell off the wagon today, but looking at it written down, it doesn't look as bad as I'd thought! I did have a lovely day out with my little girl in the sunshine at the beach though, and we walked miles, so it all balances out.

Hey, you seem to be really sticking to the plan - even when you think your halo has slipped!! We all need a sugary treat now and then - i'd go mad without my chocolate!

Im making some sw friendly snacks today/tomorrow so I can get back into it. Have thought about going to ww but I like the sw plan as I dont have to weigh much!

Have you tried the syn free bbq sauce?? Ive made some and im going to try it with chicken wrapped in bacon tonight yum yum roll on tea time!!

Have a good weekend!

Hi Kerry

Glad you are sticking with it - I have some friends on WW and all that counting would drive me mad!

I definitely need to sort out more treats to stop me from falling into bad habits. Saying that I've just had some homemade shortbread and it was divine!

You'll have to post the recipe for the BBQ sauce x

Day 24 EE

Breakfast
Banana, fat free yoghurt

Lunch
Roast gammon, roast turkey, broccoli, peas, carrots, mash potato, mustard (1), gravy (3), Yorkshire pudding (3.5)

Dinner
Jacket potato, beans, then fresh cherries

Snacks
Mini milk (1.5)
Shortbread (3.5)

Oh, I had a mid-week WI and have apparently gained 2lb! That can't be right...

Must get back on track tomorrow :-(

Updated to say my syn total today is 19 :-(

Shortbread was 6 syns per piece, and I ended up eating two!

Seriously, back on plan tomorrow.

Started today as I mean to go on, with a fat free yoghurt, alpen light bar and a mug of tea. Oh, and an apple for my superfree :)

You seem to keep your syns low during the week so I'm sure you will be fine. 19 is only 4 over and your back on track today :)

Will copy the bbq sauce recipe when I'm on my pc or I think u can find it in the search button on here. It's nicer when cooled then te heated I think!

BBQ sauce recipe

you will need
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3 tbsp artifical sweetner
4 tbsp balsamaic vinegar
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground blacke pepper.

balslmic vingar and worchestershire sauce provide the basis for this great tasting bbq sauce that is perfect for a dip, basting a chicken thighs or vegetable kebabs before a bbq, lady who gave me this recipe said she has them on spare ribs and cooks them in the oven so she has bbq spare ribs.

spray a pan with fry light and saute the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

stir in the remaining ingrredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes untill thickened. check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

syn free on both days ready in 20 minutes serves 4 and freezer friendly.

Thanks Kerry :)

Right, hoping to get back on track with C25k... Had two weeks rest and my knee is almost back to normal. I've bought some proper running shoes today, and despite the rain, I plan to go and do W2D2 tonight. Wish me luck!

Charmel said:
Thanks Kerry :)

Right, hoping to get back on track with C25k... Had two weeks rest and my knee is almost back to normal. I've bought some proper running shoes today, and despite the rain, I plan to go and do W2D2 tonight. Wish me luck!

Good luck :)

Breakfast
Fat free yoghurt, alpen light (3), apple

Lunch
Bacon sandwich on one slice of wholemeal bread (hexb) and a squirt of ketchup (1)

Dinner
Homemade courgette soup with garlic, shallots and potato
Ham, egg, mash (1), peas

Snacks
Two satsumas

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
0.5l water
Diet coke

Total syns - 5 :)

Bought new running shoes, but not feeling very motivated with the cold and pouring rain... Will decide later!

Absolutely back on track :)

Extra Easy

Breakfast
Fat free yoghurt, apple

Lunch
Chicken, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, beetroot

Dinner
Diet coke chicken with rice, onions, chilli, garlic, peas, peppers and tinned tomatoes

Snacks
Alpen light (hexb)
Cherries

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
0.5l water
Diet coke

Total syns - 0 so far! think I may deserve chocolate :)

Well done you!!

I'm back on track today and started with an ee day. I've only used 1 syn on a tiny bit of gravy :)

I too am thinking mmm chocolate hehe.

Well done again, have you tried your new trainers out yet?

Hi there :)

Well done on getting back on track too. We are so good! Didn't make the run... And did eat some chocolate! Only 6 syns though.

I can't find any chocolate in the flat so settled for slices of ham with laughing cow cheese nom nom

Hope u have another good day tomorrow :)

Happy days!

Early WI this week, as I am away tomorrow, but it's another 2lb off. Yippee! Happy bunny :)

Plus, I've managed to lower my weight, as I'm using my wii from now on, and it weighs 2lb lower than the SW scales. So, I'll reduce my starting weight to 12st 1lb, and with my 9lb lost in four weeks, that puts me at 11st 6lb. I can live with that for a week - onwards and downwards.

Hi, hope you don't mind me nosing in..just wondered how much water you're drinking and if you feel it's helping? I started last week trying to drink more too and lost 2lb but not sure how much is enough xx

Well done on your weight loss this week :) your doing fab!

Do you use your wii much for exercise? I have wii fit, fit plus and both the just dance but just never feel like doing them! Im toying with the idea of buying the zumba as i've heard its really fun and its broken into 3 min work outs so not too bad!

Well done with your loss and keep up the fantastic work x

Back