Nicci's journal

How do you do it? Well I'm only on day 14 so no expert but so far I find distracting myself works the best. I think oooh I'd really like a fried egg/piece of cheese/chocolate bar/insert food here but I tell myself I have to go away for at least half an hour and do something else, drink a cup of tea and come on minimins, watch telly, read a book, have a sleep, whatever. And then usually come half an hour I've forgotten about it and am thinking about something totally different.

I also think about my weigh in and how excited I will be to see the scales going down.

How do you do it? Well I'm only on day 14 so no expert but so far I find distracting myself works the best. I think oooh I'd really like a fried egg/piece of cheese/chocolate bar/insert food here but I tell myself I have to go away for at least half an hour and do something else, drink a cup of tea and come on minimins, watch telly, read a book, have a sleep, whatever. And then usually come half an hour I've forgotten about it and am thinking about something totally different.

I also think about my weigh in and how excited I will be to see the scales going down.

Ive got three dogs so we go for ALOT of walks haha. I havent got the confidence to go back to the gym just yet so walking is pretty much my only exercise. I can see a big difference already though with my fitness levels and it really makes me feel good about myself when i walk down down instead of getting the bus. The only thing walking isnt doing is toning me up, my skin and flabby bits are horrible and so i know i really do need to start the gym asap. Im going to wait a couple of weeks though as my cdc advised against heavy exercise. Fingers crossed i dont get any saggy skin. My thighs are the worst for it. The thing that upsets me the most wa because i put on som much weight in such a short amount of time (5 stone in less than a year) ive got horrendous stretch marks all over my thighs and sides of stomach. Ive tried bio oil but it doesnt help at all.

Ive got a slight headache this morning but i know if i have abit more water it will be fine. I had 6 pints yesterday and thats definately my aim everyday (at least).

Still abit poorly today and yet again have slept through a CD day :ashamed0005:. i think its a good thing as the first few days are supposed to be the worst. i woke up with a splitting headache but ive had another pint of water and had some porridge as i was hallucinating about uncles bens mexian rice (yum yum).

Hoping tomorrow i will be in ketosis and wake up full of energy. Its really getting me down being poorly as i havent even been able to take doggys out as ive had no energy at all. My poor boyfriend gets stuck with taking all 3 dogs out at once (not an easy job). I did have a little waiver when i woke up about whether or not i could do this diet but i HAVE to, there is no room for doubt. No other diet in the world will help me lose the weight as fast as this will. I know im just being impatient and just want everything now, but its just because i want to feel like a 'normal' person, get on with my life and be happy.

Nicci x

Hi guys,

Had a bit of a hard night last night but didnt eat so im really proud of myself! :D on day 3 now and i know once i get past today i can make it.

Cant wait for my first weigh in im so impatient!!!

boyfriend yet again sat next to me with food, last night it was mash, sausages, veg and gravy the gravy smelt gorgeous and this morning his crunchy nut cornflakes smelt gorgeous too :cry:

Hope everyonne is doing good today
Nicci x

you doing fablously Nicci, soon be in ketosis. Hope you feeling better real soon

good to know your B/f good for something lol.

had a really awful day today and its not really getting any better. Im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
hungry i could eat myself. Going to have a pack shortly but dont think anythings going to help me today, just have to grit my teeth i suppose. Everyone keeps saying once you get past day 3 it will be okay so im just focusing on getting to tomorrow.

Nicci x

Had another horrible day today. was expecting to be in ketosis when i woke up and to have some energy. I havent got ketostix so dont know for definate that im not in ketosis but i havent got bad breath, im still starving and have zero energy. Had to take the kitten to the vet earlier as he's been poorly but hes okay now :D and then went through newcastle shopping to keep myself busy. I thought it would give me a boost as i bought some new shoes for when i reach my first goal of 10 stone and got some new makeup but it just reminded me of how hungry i am (how many food places can there be in one place :cry:), i felt really faint and my stomach was in agony. Saying that i dont care how bad this diet gets im sticking to it 100% and will drag myself through to the end because im not going to let myself down - not anymore!

Really hope this gets better tomorrow. Bit of a downer this message but i want to be able to look back honestly at my entries to see how i was feeling at the time and to remind me of how hard it was.

Nicci x

hi there nicci, you are doing really well i felt exactly the same im on day 5 now and feel alot better although i dont think im in ketosis as i do feel hungry ...still!!!
ive just been tempted to have a huge binge and start again tomorrow but managed to talk myself out of it and came on here instead.
im finding it hard still but just keep thinking of how awful i was feeli g before about my weight it was honestly so close to turning me into a recluse as i just didnt want to go out unless i had to.
i know if i do eat ill feel really really bad about it but it seems like such a long time til cdc comes back of her hols for first weigh in.
ive had 4 packs today as cdc said this was ok if you were hungry and had tried water etc first and its made a little difference i had a frozen choccy tetra and it really was like ice cream...yummy:)
i know what yoy mean about food everywhere though, i said to my bf tonight that every advert that comes on the tv is about food , he hadnt noticed and just reckons im obsessed with food( which i am at the minute lol!) :p
anyway im sitting her with a big cup of black coffee instead of my usual big glass of wine and peanuts lol but feeling quite proud of myself.
im back to work on monday after 7 weeks holiday:cry: so im hoping it will be easier to stick to plus i will be able to have a bar ( how exciting eh lol! )
good luck and heres to that little black dress at xmas :D
Jo x

Hi Josie

Thanks for popping in and posting i really needed it. Im close to tears to be honest. It is so hard when youve been addicted to food and have relied on it for everything tht goes wrong in your life to suddenly not be able to have it. even when i stuck to an 800 cal diet i could still have chocolate etc if i needed it as long as i stayed within my cals. This is one of the toughest challenges of my life and i hope im strong enough to do it. I nearly caved when yet again my boyfriend had mash, sausages, cabbage and gravy (hes using up the food in the house). The smell was overpowering. I keep thinking how good im going to feel when i can wear clothes and feel good in them and not hate the way i look everyday. I used to dread seeing my family cos everytime ide go over even if it was only couple of weeks i would have put on even more weight (i put on 5 stone in a very short amount of time) and my family are all very healthy, slim people who dont understand how you i could let myself like that. They arent horrible people just see things in black and white. I popped over to see my mam and dad when i took the kitten to the vet this morning and felt so proud of myself that ive lost weight already. Cant wait to see them in another couple of weeks with even more weight off :D

Well done for getting to the end of day 5 hun, youve done great. (i wish heather wasnt away as im quite looking forward to my weigh day on monday but nevermind).

Nicci x

we will do it nicci, im NEVER putting myself through this again but it will be so worth it when we've lost weight.
I know what you mean about other people i now get embarrassed about telling people that i am on ANOTHER diet so im not even going to say anything on monday when i go back to work just get on with it and watch their reaction when i end up super slim lol:p
i have felt quite tearful too but not as bad as when ive eaten so much i feel sick and then totally depressed at least with this you know that you wont be shedding tears and getting heavier, it has a positive outcome :D
i want to lose at least a stone by the time heather comes back hopefully more! im so looking forward to that monday night for my first weigh in!!
we will do it Nicci we will have those gorgeous party dresses and will look and feel fantastic :)
Jo x

you two are sure great support for one another, i sure hope when i start next week, i can find the same support. I know all you two has said, the guilt of eating something i knew i shouldnt have but just could resist. I have been drinking slimfast this week to try and prepare myself for just fluids, but today i weakened and had a few extras i shouldnt have,
but my hubby being fab and going through cupboards and using up as much stuff as possible.
All my kids are skinny so they enjoying having extras at moment and as hubby trying to lose weight as well, they glad that next week they will be having an odd day of pizza, but have been warned that i maybe moody and tearful, so to not ry and tempt me with food, as i doing this for us all so that i can be a healthy mum to them.
keep up the good work ladies, and just think of the fab weight losses you will see

Hi guys thanks so much for your supportive posts last night, they really got me through! As it turns out i woke up this morning and got my TOTM really early, which explains why i was in agony and had so little energy yesterday! Im so glad i never gave in. I just want to tell anyone reading this, that this diet is worth it so stick with it!

Im abit disappointed i turned because i always retain water/weight on my P so dont think i will have a big of a loss i hoped on monday but it just means i will defo have a loss the next week. I know ive definately lost weight already this week (at least on my scales) so not too worried about it.

Jo, I didnt technically start diet until tuesday morning but weighed at heathers on monday night and will be getting my third weigh in at heathers when she gets back on the monday so do you think i should stick to monday night weigh ins or do it tuesday morning?

Can't wait to see what my loss this week is :D:D:D. And i defo cant wait to see the look on peoples faces when i see them on my birthday and im looking all sexy haha.

Hi Paris its good you are preparing with your slimfast shakes but dont beat yourself up for having some extra's, enjoy them! You wont be having real food for a long time once you start so dont feel guilty about it. Ive got to admit my farewell meal want very glamorous, ide prepared to got to colemans (a seafood restaurant thing where i live) and to get a calamari but it was bank holiday menu and they only had normal fish and sausage and stuff. I was gutted lol ended up having some uncle bens mexican rice at home and later on had 3 bits of bacon with raw onion (no idea where the idea of wanting that came from haha).

Nicci x

Nicci I am the same as you retaining fluid etc when TOTM hits, the last one i gained 4.5 lb. My TOTM due around the 19th so i will have eleven days on plan before hand and first weigh in under belt. Yes i will be on the plan for ages so i am enjoying movie night tonight and then come tuesday morning, that is it. Roll on the great losses and trim figure.lol. I find i also get picky around cycle day, so i may be on here more when that approaching lol

Hello wanna be thin

Just read my way through your thread - I have a bit more time at the weekend for catching up with minimins. Oh what an awful time you have had being unwell and starting CD at the same time, I do hope that life is getting a bit brighter for you. What marvellous will power you have demonstrated - you really do deserve great success.
Sending you best wishes x

Hi guys,

Thanks so much for the support, it really helps knowing people are going through the same things and that im not alone :D.

Today has been a much better day. Not so much been hungry as just missing food :cry:.

I think im going to revise my goal weight as i think its a little bit to extreme as i really need to be able to maintain whatever weight i settle on. Im not 100% sure what i want to revise it to as im just going to see how things go and go by what i feel is the right weight for me :D.

Cant wait for weigh day on monday, getting very excited! I have been sneaking a look on the scales but didnt today. Didnt want to be disappointed in case im retaining water because of TOTM.

Hope everyone is having a lovely food free night tonight :D:D:D:D

Nicci x

Made it to day 6 and feel bloody fantastic about it :D:D.

Weigh in tomorrow, can't believe its nearly here already! Bit demotivated by what the scale has said the past couple of days, even though logically i know its because its TOTM. Hope im not too disappointed tomorrow if it doesnt give me a big loss.

Didnt succumb to any totm snacks last night settled for two cd choc muffins yum yum.

How you getting on Jo? its day 7 for you isnt it:hug99:.

Heres to a brilliant day for everyone :D

Nicci x

well last weekend of food for me for awhile, so i enjoying every morsel.
Nicci, glad to hear you didn't succumb to TOTM picking, i just hope i can do the same when my time comes. i look forward to seeing a great lose for you tomorrow to spur your next week forward.

Jo- how you doing?

Back