Nicky's "Special" Diary

Well Xmas is over in our house for another year - we took the tree down today whilst Ellie was in her high chair eating her dinner - thought it would be better for her to say bye to it than to get up tomorrow & for it to have gone whilst she was in bed!

We had a lovely Xmas, OH got me a nice bag & a very nice necklace. I also had lots of other bits from him (CD's, a book I had asked for, diary etc) DD was very lucky & had lots of fab stuff. She loved her pram & baby we got her & is always fussing over it. OH was pleased with all his stuff too.

Good news on the baby front, she has moved & is in a normal position. She had been wriggling a lot & I think it was boxing day night she did the big move - I felt ill all night & was very sick - the next morning my bump had moved somewhat. Went for a midwife appointment on Tues & she is happy with where she is now.

Hope you all had a good Xmas & New Year.

Nicky

Glad you had a FAB Chrimbo, really good to see you earlier!

Bump is looking brill too!, suprising the difference 2 weeks can make!

Thanks for your support & here's to a great 2007!

Marie

Hi Nicky,

Nice to hear you had a good Christmas and I am delighted to hear that baby has moved into the right position!!!

Not long now?

See your planning a big holiday to South Africa!!!

Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year!!!

Looks like it is going to be a good one:D

Love Mini xxx

Another week on & bump is growing steadily. It is funny but if she moves my whole tummy changes shape - never had that with Ellie (think there was too much fat around her!) also she moves a lot more than Ellie did (again could be because of my size)

I am still feeling good, although I do get tired. We went for a 4 mile walk at the weekend - had to stop a couple of times (at Asda on the way out & way back) not for a rest but for a wee! Wish I was like DD - she needed a wee & we just got her out of the pram & held her over the grass, you could get away with that in the middle of the moors but not in a fairly built up area!

We are getting DD's new room sorted, painted 2 walls yesterday evening, her furniture arrived today (flat packed so that will be fun) & tomorrow the plumber is coming to remove the radiator & put a bigger one on the other wall...then I can paint the other 2 walls & get the rest of it sorted. Ellie is very excited about having a big girls room & a big girls bed...did not want her to feel pushed out of her bed & room when the baby arrives.

More soon.
Nicky

Another milestone....DD spent her 1st night in her big girls bed in her big girls room - she did very well & stayed in her own bed. She woke at 1:30 for a wee & went back to bed - but unfortunately decided to play with one of her toys for 1/2h (& we had taken her monitor into our room so we would hear her if she needed us!) so we were listening to nursery rhymes at 2:00!

Baby is doing well. I have less than 7 weeks to go now until she is due. We have decided upon Katie as her name (unless she comes out & looks like something else) - we loved Katie when I was pregnant with Ellie & it was a tough decision between the two names. Also Mark's Gran was called Kathlene so it is a bit after her (although she got called Kate)

I have 4 weeks & a day left at work, but the next 4 weeks I am only doing 2 days (usually 2 1/2) so it will go very quickly. It is only the last week that I have all 3 days to go into work. Last day is valentines day - so I will have a fab valentines night!!! I handed over my first bit of work today...

More soon.
Nicky

Hi Nicky,

How is DD liking her new room?

Katie is a lovely name and it is nice to use a name that it is in the family.

Hope you and baby are keeping well, time is flying.

Love Mini xxx

Hello All,

DD loves her new room, she is a big girl now & likes to play in her room by herself (OMG!) I put the monitor on & make sure I can hear her playing & know she is fine.

I had a midwife appointment yesterday, blood pressure was high so I was sent to the hospital to be monitored. It was OK but I had to go back again today.... baby was not playing ball today, first she was asleep (so not active enough) then she was too active so her heart rate was too high...I ended up being on the monitoring machine for an hour & a half (usually it is only an hour!). I need to go to my midwife next week (a week earlier than I would have gone) just to check my BP is in he normal range, if it is not I will be back at the hospital again!

Other than that things are well...

Nicky

Very tired tonight. We went for a walk today, it was about 4 1/2 miles round trip down to the duck pond & back. We took it slowly - especially around the pond as DD was walking then, & we stopped at Asda on the way down & back for me to have a wee stop! DD loved it, she got covered in mud but luckily we had a change of trousers for her.....looking forward to the summer when we will be able to take some lunch with us & make a real outing out of it.

Only 5 weeks left till I am due now....& only 3 weeks left at work! We are all getting excited, baby's newborn clothes are all washed & put in her drawers! I am a bit funny when it comes to being ready for things so I am going to sort my hospital bag next week....a friend of mine was doing hers the day she was in labour!

Hope you are all well.

Nicky

Hi Nicky,

DD is really taking over the role of big sister with her own room now!:) It is great that she likes it!

Imagine only five weeks to go!!!

Time has flown really...

Your bound to be feeling more tired now and you need to take it easy.

I hope your keeping well, thinking of you.

Love Mini xxx

Well only 3 weeks to go now....well 3 weeks till baby's due date so it could be tomorrow or 5 weeks. We are all so excited.

It is my last day in work on Wed - feels funny passing things over. Some if it is a bit hard to pass on to people - I am a bit of an excel geek & how do you tell people what to do if something comes up when you don't know what may be needed????

DD is looking forward to being a big sister..she also just wants to go to the hospital to see me! Me I am planning on not being in hospital for too long!

Had a great day on thurs out in the snow, Ellie loved it! Friday was a diff story though, it had all turned to ice - so I made my friend come to mine as I did not want to risk it!

Take care all.

Nicky

Less than 2 weeks till my due date now! Having to do some jiggery pokery with my CD customers to make sure none of them are without pack's - getting everyone to buy an extra week & give me a seperate cheque which I(? - someone) will bank the week I have the baby & can't see them!!!

My bump has stayed quite small, I have put on some weight though but I know as soon as I am able (3 months if I can't feed the baby or as necessary if I can) I will jump back on it & get rid of what I have to. It will be nice to have lost it all before we go on holiday in Sept or Oct, but we will see!

Baby has dropped a lot & I am feeling a bit more uncomfortable now. She had hiccups yesterday & did it feel wierd (I think because of where she was lying) - I don't remember getting anything like that when I had DD!

We are now all ready, I put the crib together last night & bought a new mattress for it today, I had my bag ready but "pulled it together" over the weekend & I have a bag ready for DD - 3 days worth of stuff, just in case! She is going to stay with friends when I am in hospital. The only thing I have to do is wash the car seat cover - guess what I am doing tomorrow whilst DD is in creche!

Take care all & will update you all soon.

Nicky

Dear Nicky,I discovered your diary by accident,but am so glad I did.What a delightful read.I'll certainly be back regularly for news as you get into the final count down & if you've got the energy perhaps you'll keep.on posting post-partum. Good luck.

Probably gonna give you too much info here - but I had to go to the hospital today. Have been feeling a bit "wet" down below! Had a midwife appointment & I told her - said DD is ill & has a bit of a temp so I did not know if my waters were leaking (a little bit) or if I am just a bit of a sweaty betty (a bit of a temp like DD)...I expected her to do some kind of test - but NO, off I had to go to the hospital where they monitored me & tested me...all is fine, so I was sent home feeling like a sweaty fraud!

Thanks for the message Jane. I hope to continue posting once DD no2 has arrived, initialy as a post baby diary then as a weight loss diary proper! We were very lucky with Ellie, she slept well & was a "good" baby....even if no2 is half as easy it will be OK.

Ellie is ill at the moment & my body is already getting used to having to get up in the middle of the night (4 times last night!), bad in some ways but when the baby arrives at least it won't be a shock.

Nicky

Probably gonna give you too much info here - but I had to go to the hospital today. Have been feeling a bit "wet" down below!
Nicky

Hi I too have just found this thread, better late than never lol.
I felt the same for a week before my youngest was born....I had a slight show then felt like you described until I had him.

Hope all goes well for you all, such a happy time, a good friend had a baby girl 10 days ago and I got to have a cuddle today......omg guess who is feeling broody...!

Good luck and take care. xx

Thanks for the reply Sonya - good to know it is not unusual!

I see you are from Plymouth, I grew up in Torpoint (family still lives there) so go down a few times a year. OH was actually working by the bombed out church today, did not manage to fix the problem so he has to drive back down again tomorrow!

Nicky

Just re-read my message above & anyone not local to Plymouth will be thinking "I did not know they had a bomb" - the church was bombed in the war & has remained in that state ever since!

Probably gonna give you too much info here - but I had to go to the hospital today. Have been feeling a bit "wet" down below! Had a midwife appointment & I told her - said DD is ill & has a bit of a temp so I did not know if my waters were leaking (a little bit) or if I am just a bit of a sweaty betty (a bit of a temp like DD)...I expected her to do some kind of test - but NO, off I had to go to the hospital where they monitored me & tested me...all is fine, so I was sent home feeling like a sweaty fraud!

Thanks for the message Jane. I hope to continue posting once DD no2 has arrived, initialy as a post baby diary then as a weight loss diary proper! We were very lucky with Ellie, she slept well & was a "good" baby....even if no2 is half as easy it will be OK.

Ellie is ill at the moment & my body is already getting used to having to get up in the middle of the night (4 times last night!), bad in some ways but when the baby arrives at least it won't be a shock.

Nicky
Poor old you ,not what you really need during the final run in esp if you're on edge about your waters. I usally say that everyone should have one difficult baby to make it fair to the rest of us, but i'm feeling charitable tonight so I won't.

I see you are from Plymouth, I grew up in Torpoint (family still lives there) so go down a few times a year. OH was actually working by the bombed out church today, did not manage to fix the problem so he has to drive back down again tomorrow!

Nicky
Yes i noticed that to. H & I met in Plymouth & I used to live up on the edge of the moor near Sparkwell (where the wildlife park is) I didn't want to leave,I'ts easy to put down roots in devon. It was all a long time ago now,in fact the church wasn't even bombed.(no only kidding)

Less than 2 weeks till my due date now! Having to do some jiggery pokery with my CD customers to make sure none of them are without pack's - getting everyone to buy an extra week & give me a seperate cheque which I(? - someone) will bank the week I have the baby & can't see them!!!

My bump has stayed quite small, I have put on some weight though but I know as soon as I am able (3 months if I can't feed the baby or as necessary if I can) I will jump back on it & get rid of what I have to. It will be nice to have lost it all before we go on holiday in Sept or Oct, but we will see!

Baby has dropped a lot & I am feeling a bit more uncomfortable now. She had hiccups yesterday & did it feel wierd (I think because of where she was lying) - I don't remember getting anything like that when I had DD!

We are now all ready, I put the crib together last night & bought a new mattress for it today, I had my bag ready but "pulled it together" over the weekend & I have a bag ready for DD - 3 days worth of stuff, just in case! She is going to stay with friends when I am in hospital. The only thing I have to do is wash the car seat cover - guess what I am doing tomorrow whilst DD is in creche!

Take care all & will update you all soon.

Nicky

Nicky

Hi Nicky,

Sorry to hear Ellie is not well, I hope she will be feeling okay soon as there does seem to be so many colds and flus going around just now, guess it is the time of year for them. Glad your okay, it is an axious time for you all.

Can't believe it is so near now for baby to arrive, time has just flown.

Wonderful to hear from you.

Love Mini xxx

Less than a week till my due date now! Thought baby was going to arrive last night, had period type pains at 3am, then again at 4am, 6am & a few times during the day. Everything has subsided now though. OH is off to Nottingham tomorrow to do some work - so hopefully it will not be when he is a few hours drive away!

We have eventually got everything ready now. All we need to do is move the bits & bobs out of the nursery & into position...eg crib, moses basket, bouncer etc...

OH hoovered the car out today (he is a bit fastidious about the car!) & put the car seat base in ready.

Only thing we are in two minds about is what to do with the dog! We will probably leave him at home & get our neighbour to pop her head in & let him into the garden....he is a bit funny though, you can go out once & he is fine, but if you are in and out in one day he tends to howl (typical hound breed) which would not be fair on her - & I know what she is like she will feel sorry for him & sit in our house (she has cats so he can't go to hers!). Last time it was Oct & fairly cold so he stayed in the car & Mark popped out to walk him every so often. I just think it is too sunny in the afternoon to do that...

Nicky

Nicky

Yeh Im originally from Nottingham, have lived here for 7 years and love it down here.

Back