Nicky's "Special" Diary

I'm a broody hen here waiting for your news. Wishing you and baby a good birth.

Dizzy x

Still no news, lots of pains & niggles - some timeable contractions but nothing that has continued & come to anything. We went for a long walk (about 3 miles) today to try to encourage things, other than taking twice as long because I was very slow (& my Mum was with us who does NO walking) it did not do anything.

I think when it happens it will be VERY quick, but you never can tell!

Will update you all soon (I hope)

Nicky

OOOO I keep popping in, hope things get going soon.

ooooh Nicky,
have you tried having a spicy curry, might speed things up a bit, or a 'bit of lurving' :D

Remember deep breaths :p

hi,
hopefully no news is good news as they say !
waiting for the anouncement :D
xx:)

Still nothing!

Went to hospital Sunday night as baby had not been moving very much & when I had my bath (usually get lots of kicks) I did not have any. As soon as we arrived at hospital she started doing gymnastics! Anyway, blood pressure was up & had a bit of protein in my wee so I had to go to day assesment yesterday.

Yesterday had another stretch & sweep - am now 4cm dilated! Had more contractions last night - but then they went. I am now waiting to be called by the hospital for them to break my waters (was hoping they would call today but was told they will only call when they are not too busy!) I have a midwife appointment tomorrow & she will do another membrane sweep if nothing has happened before then.

Today OH & I did loads of gardening, sweeping up all the winter debris & bending down to bag it up - I managed to do about an hour....but still it did not make a diff!!!

Who says second labours are quicker - this has been stop/start since last Thursday! I just hope when it happens we get time to get to the hospital!!!

Nicky

Won't be long now will it. I would suggest you get as much rest as you can, while you can!

Looking forward to your anouncement in a day or so.

Dizzy x

Still nothing!

Who says second labours are quicker - this has been stop/start since last Thursday! I just hope when it happens we get time to get to the hospital!!!

Nicky

funny I was wondering the same thing.I reckon it'll be quick & much easier than your last labour.

good luck. now go & get some rest!!

Just to let you know KATIE arrived on Wed 14th at 6:10pm weighing a healthy 8lb 6oz.

I just typed out a long message giving lots of gory detail - & it failed to post!!!! So I will do that another time!

We arrived home on Friday & Katie has settled in very nicely. She is wonderful & we are all so happy with her.

Ellie loves her baby sister to bits.

Nicky:)

How wonderful to hear your news. :clap: So glad all went well for you Nicky.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

...and Happy Mothers Day!

Dizzy x

Well done Nicky. so glad it all went well.
Excellent choice of name! (I've got a katy):D :D :D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thankyou all so much for your kind thoughts and messages. We are all doing well. Katie is settling in nicely to the Jackson household and getting used to life on the outside. She had a good night last night - woke at 12:00 and 4:20 then slept until gone 8:00! Until now she has been awake most of the night. Sat night she got to sleep at 5:00 and Ellie was up at 6:50!

Feeding is not going well, it is the same as happened on Ellie so I was prepared for it. I am going to feed her expressed breast milk for a month & top her up with formula. All the midwives in the hospital were great about it - I think the fact that I am going to express & not just formula feed they are happy. I am infact typing one handed as I have the pump in my other hand!

Katie's face is healing nicely, she scratched herself quite deeply on her first night - it is about 2inches long & she looks as if she has gone 10 rounds in the ring!

Will add more soon.

Nicky

Well here is a link to some photo's!

Public Album

I hope the link works - I am sure you will let me know if you can't get in.

We are all doing well. Katie is getting used to life here, I can hardly believe she has been home for a week now, then sometimes it feels like she has been here for ages.

Ellie is trying her luck a bit at the moment - I am sure she will settle down soon, she is just trying to find out where she stands now.

Hope you like the photo's

Nicky

Some lovely memories of the future there Nicky. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Dizzy xx

Back