Nicky's "Special" Diary

Aaaah! She is lovely Nicky. You must be very proud. You have two beautiful little girls.

Glad everything is Fine

Pam

Glad you all like them - we think they are wonderful!

I will add some more at some point!

Life is settling in nicely. Ellie was a lot more settled today and Katie has been a lot more awake - so hopefully we will have an easy night! Last night she was awake from 11 till 2:40....then she slept through until 8:00 (9:00 with the clock change)

OH went out for a bike ride today, first time for ages...so I had the girls for a few hours on my own - a gentle introduction as Mark is back to work tomorrow. The only thing that was a pain was Ellie needing to toilet whilst I was busy expressing - a npain as it is electric & I am plugged in to the mains, so I had to turn it off & go upstairs only to be told she did not need it - not a problem - but 3 times.....

More soon
Nicky

Aaah takes me back.
Good luck tomorrow.
You sound as if you're doing brilliantly.:D

Well here is a link to some photo's!

Public Album

I hope the link works - I am sure you will let me know if you can't get in.

We are all doing well. Katie is getting used to life here, I can hardly believe she has been home for a week now, then sometimes it feels like she has been here for ages.

Ellie is trying her luck a bit at the moment - I am sure she will settle down soon, she is just trying to find out where she stands now.

Hope you like the photo's

Nicky

Hi Nicky,

What a beautiful family:)

Thank you for sharing your lovely photos, your girls are lovely and Katie is a pet.:sigh: I feel all emotional looking at them absolutely gorgeous.

I see your dog does not know he is a dog either.:rolleyes: :D

Hello everyone - have not been around much as I have been busy, busy, busy.... my evenings are taken up seeing customers, sorting Katie, washing bottles, steralising bottles, expressing....

She is a wonderful little girl & it seems as if she has been part of our lives forever! Ellie has been so good with her, the only negative thing I can say is that she is a bit over enthusiastic when she cuddles & kisses Katie - but then I have to remind myself that she is two & a half so what do I expect.

When the health visitor came to check Katie she was talking to me about Ellie & said how well she was doing with her talking etc. It was great to hear it coming from a professional. We know she is doing well...but always good to hear.

Got to go got a nappy to change!

Nicky

Hello everyone - have not been around much as I have been busy, busy, busy.... my evenings are taken up seeing customers, sorting Katie, washing bottles, steralising bottles, expressing....

Those were the days, is she sleeping through the night yet ?

She is a wonderful little girl & it seems as if she has been part of our lives forever! Ellie has been so good with her, the only negative thing I can say is that she is a bit over enthusiastic when she cuddles & kisses Katie - but then I have to remind myself that she is two & a half so what do I expect.

Bless her, they really have no understanding of how heavy handed they are.....great that she feels loving towards her sister.

When the health visitor came to check Katie she was talking to me about Ellie & said how well she was doing with her talking etc. It was great to hear it coming from a professional. We know she is doing well...but always good to hear.

Wow thats great, you can always tell when parents talk a lot to there children...well done on such a well mannered and happy toddler.

Got to go got a nappy to change!

Poaaarrr thats what the smell is.

Nicky

Great to hear from you and how your girls are progressing.

Sounds like you are all doing really well.

Makes me all broody!!! They are both beautiful.

Wow, beautiful girls you have. You post when you can, life must be hectic x

Have not been around much as I have been busy with the girls, busy with customers & we have all had this awful summer cough, cold & sore throat that is going around. Ellie is the only one in the house that has not got it - Mark has been ill for 3 weeks & Katie & I for a week and a half!

Having said that she is doing well, she is 11lb 14oz now (well she was last Wed she is probably a lot more now), Ellie was twice Katie's age when she reached that weight. She is not sleeping through yet (she has done once), but she is waking up at about 4am for a quick feed then she goes back down still awake & that is her until the morning....should not say it but at the moment it is not at all like having a new baby!

Soon we will have more problems with Ellie than Katie as we are going to try to get her dry at night, she is dry in the day but wears pull up nappies at night. She sometimes wakes & says she needs a wee but not often....

Hope everyone is well & diets are going well.

Katie is only 6 weeks so I have a while before I can go back to SS, however I have already started to cut back. As soon as I have got rid of this cough I am planning on starting to excercise again. I am hoping to go jogging once or twice a week, I WILL do some sit up's every day & I am planning on going on a big walk on one of the days when Ellie is in creche.

Promise I will come on again soon.

Nicky

Hi Nicky pleased you are all ok ......apart from the cold.
6 weeks already...blimey thats gone quick.

Here goes for a proper weight loss diary.

I am not able to SS yet as it is only 8 weeks since Katie was born (it feels as if she has been with us forever....), but I am going to start cutting down, excercising & recording my weight.

Looking back I was 11st 8lb on the 15th May last year. I am now 14st 7lb so I need to lose 3st to get back to my pre pregnancy weight then I want to lose another stone to get down to 10st 7 which will take me to BMI of 24 - so 4st in total.

So let me set some timescales....24th Oct will be my daughter's 3rd birthday....that gives me 5 months, some of it won't be on SS (have another month to go till I can get back on tha wagon) so I think that is a realistic target.

I am going to try to come on here at least once a week to record how things are going.

Looking forward to all your support

Nicky (shrinking once more!)

OK, ok so I was up 1 on my first week of recording it here! However I know why it was, we had a buffet on Sunday as my Dad brought my Aunty here for the afternoon, she is on holiday in the UK (lives in South Africa) & was going from Mum & Dads a quick stop at ours then on to Cardiff to see some of my Uncles relatives before going on the next leg of her trip. I can only say I hope I am half as spritely as she is when I reach 74! My Uncle died about 9 months ago so she is doing the trip all on her own and has already been to Aberdeen, Helston (Cornwall) then is going to Northampton & Newcastle before going back to Aberdeen - phew makes me tired just thinking about it!

Katie has turned 2 months & gets her first set of jabs tomorrow!

I was looking up an old link I used to use to go jogging for a customer yesterday so thought I would post it for you all...

Gmaps Pedometer it is great for measuring the distance you walk or run. Click on "more options" & select UK then type in your town before you press enter. Just double left click on points you are running & it will measure the distance...hope you find it useful!

Fingers crossed for a better week this week.

Nicky

Well I have another great incentive - I have just booked our summer holiday...2 weeks in the Vendee at the end of August..... I will look good in our photo's this year - I promise myself I will!

Also I forgot to type this earlier but Katie slept through the night last night. We put her down at 8:20 & she woke up at 6:00, shame Ellie was not well - she was up at midnight, 3 & 5!!!!

Nicky

OK I am on the countdown to SS....Katie will be 3 months on the 14th March & it will be my first day not eating. I have already cut down a lot & have started upping my excercise levels....

I am looking forward to our holiday & want to have got most of the way to my goal when we go.

Will try to post more regularly once I am on SS.

Nicky

Back