Nicky's "Special" Diary

Less than a week till my due date now! Thought baby was going to arrive last night, had period type pains at 3am, then again at 4am, 6am & a few times during the day. Everything has subsided now though. OH is off to Nottingham tomorrow to do some work - so hopefully it will not be when he is a few hours drive away!

We have eventually got everything ready now. All we need to do is move the bits & bobs out of the nursery & into position...eg crib, moses basket, bouncer etc...

OH hoovered the car out today (he is a bit fastidious about the car!) & put the car seat base in ready.

Only thing we are in two minds about is what to do with the dog! We will probably leave him at home & get our neighbour to pop her head in & let him into the garden....he is a bit funny though, you can go out once & he is fine, but if you are in and out in one day he tends to howl (typical hound breed) which would not be fair on her - & I know what she is like she will feel sorry for him & sit in our house (she has cats so he can't go to hers!). Last time it was Oct & fairly cold so he stayed in the car & Mark popped out to walk him every so often. I just think it is too sunny in the afternoon to do that...

Nicky

How strange is that your hubby came down where we live now, Plymouth and he is off to where I was born and bred, Nottingham, ....lol...... wow not long to go now, its so exciting. Wish I was fit enough to have another baby.

Latest in my saga!

Went swimming with DD, had a great time....after we stopped at the shops to get some lunch. Got back in the car & pulled up to a (quiet residential) junction to reverse back into a little turning point so I could go back the way I came. Had car ready to put it into reverse & a car in the turning point decided to reverse into me!!! DD & I are both fine, I was very shaken up - thought DD no2 was going to arrive! I think the woman who reversed into me was as shaken as I was. She admitted she did not even see me - obviously does not use mirrors to reverse! We know we will need a new rear light casing, the bodywork is a bit damaged, we can see a sticking out "lump" which does not bode well (could be creased).

I think my hormones must be raging as I phoned OH up once DD was in bed for her snooze & I was in tears - not normally a crying sort of person & I was not really that "upset" if you know what I mean.

Nicky

HI Nicky,

Thank God your all okay as this is most distressing for you.

Just so glad your okay.

:grouphugg:

Love Mini xxx

Oh goodness, how awful for you! It's always sounds so much louder when you're inside too doesn't it.

Glad to hear you're okay!

Bless ya, Nicky!!! That's a horrid thing to happen to anyone at anytime, let alone in your condition!!! (Blimey - how the time has flown!! Bet you don't feel like that though lol)!

So glad that all your precious cargo were safe and unharmed.

Take care of yourself, hun!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Nicky....just popped by to check that you're OK today....

What an awful thing to have happened to you !!

hugs

Debz
xx

Thanks for all your messages....we are all fine. DD has gone up for her snooze (she is busy chatting to herself at the moment) & DD no2 is still safely tucked up in my tummy.

I had a call from the garage & the car is booked in to assess the damage on Tues (assuming I am not in hospital). And even better I had a call from the ladies insurance company saying she has admitted liability & did I want them to sort things directly. I told them my ins co had it in hand, but at least we know we will get the excess back promptly.

It is hard to believe my due date is tomorrow! It has gone very quickly for me, I think with the first baby that is all you are thinking about... no2 onwards I think you are so busy that the time just passes.

As soon as DD goes to sleep I need to make a few phone calls. We are looking to cash in our endownments to use against our offset mortgage, but we will lose the life cover, so I am sorting some cover out before we cash them in! Well worth doing with the level of return on the endownment compared to he benefit of offsetting... also top tip if anyone is looking to offset Lloyds TSB (it is through them but C&G do their mortgages) let you offset other peoples bank accounts...we are using my parents savings against our mortgage & paying them the going rate in interest. This means we are quids in as not getting much interest charged on our mortgage & my folks are not losing out as they are getting the interest they would get anyway.... getting them to understand how it all works was another matter totally though!

Thanks again for all your kind messages.

Nicky

Hi Nicky, Glad you are ok, can remember when I had a bump in the car years ago with DH, I couldnt stop crying about 4 hours later but I wasnt upset, I think its just the shock.

Not long before DD 2 comes along now, hope llie is feeling better x

Still here - still no baby!

Had a bit of a mare last night.....the girl who is going to look after Ellie called to say "OMG I Have just remembered we are going to London net weekend" PANIC! She did say she would ask her sister in law if she could have her (she is having her daughter), but I have not met her & nor has Ellie - I suspect she is lovely as my friend would not leave her DD with just anyone, but I would not leave Ellie with someone we do not both know well!

Called my Mum & she has agreed to come up for the weekend. She does not drive & will not travel on her own (won't go into detail - but she has "problems" getting out & about!), so my poor Dad who works all over the country will drive almost past our house (Swindon) on Friday night down to Cornwall. Then they will get up early(ish) on Sat & drive up here, I am going to ask my neighbour to be on alert incase my folks have problems on the motorway & there is a gap between friend going away & them arriving...then they will stay till Sunday night & drive back to Cornwall. Lucky for my Dad he has the day off on Monday for a dentist visit as he often has to leave their house at 3/4am Sun night/Mon am to get to a site at 9am!!!

OK so that is 2 things - what will the 3rd be????

Nicky:sigh:

So what is the 3rd?

OH woke up today with sickness & diarrhoea (is that spelt rite?), so he was in no fit state for anything....got to hope...
1/ He is feeling better tomorrow
2/ I do not get it
3/ Ellie does not get it (or she will not be in creche for the next day & a half)

Still no sign of anything at the moment...feeling very big now!

Nicky

Hope you don't catch the dreaded thing that you did spell correctly.Not long now-tell the lump to get a move on!
good luck when you go into labour.

Thinking of you Nicky and have lit some candles for your intentions:)

Love Mini xxx

Still no baby! I went to the midwife on Wed & she had a poke & a prod to get things going. She said I am already 2cm dilated & she could have broken the waters quite easily if she wanted to (or was allowed I have to go to hospital if that gets done). I have had a lot of aches & pains the last few days so I suspect things have moved on from 2cm, however none of it is too painful yet.

I guess every labour is diff & DD was back to back so I was in agony, it could be that I am just benchmarking everything with how I felt having her! Fingers crossed things are less painful & I manage with just the tens machine & gas & air. DD I ended up having an epidural. I would have one again if I need to but would rather not.

My folks are coming at the weekend & even though the house was not a tip we have just spent an hour & a half cleaning, dusting & hoovering - so that may have encouraged it on too.

Hopefully my next post will have some news, we will have to see.

Nicky

Still no news, lots of pains & niggles - some timeable contractions but nothing that has continued & come to anything. We went for a long walk (about 3 miles) today to try to encourage things, other than taking twice as long because I was very slow (& my Mum was with us who does NO walking) it did not do anything.

I think when it happens it will be VERY quick, but you never can tell!

Will update you all soon (I hope)

Nicky

Back