Nicky's weight loss diary - (69lbs to loose) 43lbs to go!!

Hello Nicky,
Just been catching up on your diary. You're doing really well, and as the others have said, a mackerel salad is a really good choice, and just makes that day into a WS day; the cheese isn't too bad either, as still low carb (let's ignore the chips ;) )

For mood swings etc, I think the first few days are the worst as you adjust into ketosis and get used to the diet, and it sounds as if you're through the worst. I'm with the others, and I always keep some high protein /low carb things on standby, my favourite for this is something like a peperami, so that if I really need something I've got something to hand; that doesn't involve raiding my daughter's biscuit stash (something I've also been guilty of in recent weeks :( )

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello, and hope you have a lovely weekend. I look forward to seeing you weigh-in result at the end of your first week :)

Hi Cybill, thanks. I am feeling a bit better about that whole episode as you've all kindly reassured me that it's not too bad! lol. :D

I've just been looking at your profile - your weight loss is amazing! You are definately leading the way, I hope I can find that kind of will power! :)

Nicky :)

Day 6.

I've woken up feeling good today. I went for a long walk with my dog yesterday and did an hour on the Wi Fit which I'm going to try and do everyday. Last night is the 1st night that I had a proper sleep since starting this diet so I'm hopeful that I'm starting to settle into it now!

Banana shake first I think though I am going to try and leave this for another hour as I felt much better yesterday evening having these later in the day.

I'm amazed as my little slip up (the dreaded chips!) has not knocked me out of ketosis! I tested this morning and was very pleased! I thought I was going to have to go through the headaches and feeling rubbish again but clearly not! :bliss:

Anyway, I hope everyone is enjoying their bank holiday! :D

Day 7

Morning! Hope everyone's having a great Easter! I woke really early this morning and was really restless all night. I'm not a big fan of that side effect from this diet! Gone are my lay ins! :cry:

I'm pleased to say that day 6 was 100% despite going to a BBQ where tgere was lots of very nice smelling food!

I had to use lots of will power to not check the scales this morning.... Can't wait for tomorrow as I want to know if I did any damage from my slip up on Friday night!! Hopefully not....

I've got my niece and nephew today and am thinking that we will have a picnic and do art in the park. Would be rude not to make the most of the sunshine!

Anyway, hope everyone has a good day.

Nicky :D

Hiya Nicky im sure ya WI tomorrow is going to be absolutely super as one little blip is nothing when ya look at the bigger picture..
I cant wait to have a look at your diary tomorrow to see how well you have done..
Hope ya have a lovely easter xx

Hiya Nicky im sure ya WI tomorrow is going to be absolutely super as one little blip is nothing when ya look at the bigger picture..
I cant wait to have a look at your diary tomorrow to see how well you have done..
Hope ya have a lovely easter xx

Thanks Valentine, fingers crossed! Hope that you have had a good Easter too xx :D

Hiya Nicky, hows your day been? Im excited for your weigh in tomorrow, make sure you post it straight away coz i hate waiting lol xx

Hiya Nicky, hows your day been? Im excited for your weigh in tomorrow, make sure you post it straight away coz i hate waiting lol xx

Not bad thanks.... been hard seeing all that chocolate but I managed to resist lol! My OH bought me one too as he told me that he couldn't not for the first time in 8 years!! Men don't understand do they LOL! I'm sure he bought it so he could have it instead!

I'm feeling a bit nervous about the WI. I know my little slip wasn't massive but I REALLY struggle to loose weight even when I'm really behaving myself! lol. I hope that it will all be worth it.... I have resisted the scales for a couple of days now so fingers crossed!!

How are you? Have you had a nice Easter? xx

1st WI!

Day 8 - The 1st WI!!!

Morning everyone! Yesterday was a success, had a lovely day with my niece and nephew in the park. I feel as though I'm getting more in the swing of this diet now thank god!

Anyway the 1st official WI....... I was so nervous about getting on the scales this morning but there was no need to be......! I've lost 11lb!!!:bliss:

I am absolutely over the moon!

Here's to week 2!! :D

Last edited:
Well done on your first weigh in...........that's brilliant xx

Thanks Antari! Looks like you're doing really well! 15lbs in 2 weeks! :D xx

Almost 21 in 3! The diet certainly works xx

Did you only jsut update your ticker or was I being daft!

WOW, that's amazing. Well done you!! :D

Wow Nicky that's bloody amazing :) I'm really pleased for ya xxxx

Day 8 - The 1st WI!!!

Morning everyone! Yesterday was a success, had a lovely day with my niece and nephew in the park. I feel as though I'm getting more in the swing of this diet now thank god!

Anyway the 1st official WI....... I was so nervous about getting on the scales this morning but there was no need to be......! I've lost 11lb!!!:bliss:

I am absolutely over the moon!

Here's to week 2!! :D
OMG, that is fantastic, you must be so proud.today is my first day, so your 2nd WI would be my 1st, hope i will see a big number too:D

OMG, that is fantastic, you must be so proud.today is my first day, so your 2nd WI would be my 1st, hope i will see a big number too:D

Thanks Pangpang, I'm really pleased!

Good luck with week 1. I'm not going to lie, I found the first week really tough but now feel SO much better. Make sure you drink plenty of water. I've been drinking 4l a day which seems to have kept the headaches at bay. On the first couple of days I only drank about 3l which clearly wasn't enough for me.

Try and experiment with the packs around what times of day you have them (for me I have started to have mine much later - 1st at about 12pm, 2nd at 4pm and the last at 7:30pm) I've found that this makes the evenings easier. I know other people split their packs too so try and see if this works for you.

You're going to do fab, make sure you come on here and have a rant when you need to! This site has really helped me through the 1st week. Lets hope it continues for all of the others to come!! It will be good for us to keep track of each other seen as we're starting so close to each other.

Good luck and I'll look forward to hearing how you get on! x :D

hey thanks. you are totally right, this site is fantastic, people here are just so kind and supportive, cant do it without you guys;).

4L/day? wow. i am struggling with 3L at the moment, actually so far i have only had 500ml today, hahaha, long way to go. So far, i know, i like the chocolate shake, hope i will like the rest as well:D

yeah, i normally find the evenings the worst, i do not normally feel hungry during the day, can get through it easily without even think about food. so i am just going to eat them as late as possible to make evenings easier:D

Good luck.

Wow :D
Thats an excellent loss Nicky !!
Well done
Marge
:D

Day 7 - Part 2

I have been grinning all day following my very unexpected weight loss! :D

In between all the grinning I have felt REALLY poorly though. Is this normal for day 7? I thought it was going to be plain sailing from here ;) (I wish)

Anyway, I've decided I might have a salad instead of my last milkshake. I know it's better to be on TS but think I'm going to find this so much more achievable if I add a meal a week maybe??

Anyway, I think I've talked myself into it now and refuse to beat myself up over eating a salad again!! :D Instead, I'm going to enjoy it and hope it makes me a feel a little better.

Hope everyone else has had a fab day! :)

Back