Nicola's Cuba Countdown

Good day again today Nic :) I bet that comment made you smirk all day!

It totally did, I might make myself a badge with it on! ;)

Well this morning I :heartpump: my scales - 10st 12.5lbs! :D :D :D Hard work has paid off and I'm back on my downwards trend, another 3lbs needed to get back down to my lowest, so I shall continue working very hard right up until Tuesday evening weigh-in so I can get as much of that birthday gain back off as possible!

I was meant to be having magic pancakes for breakfast but I totally forgot to make up the mix last night - has anyone tried making them without leaving them to soak?! Do they still work?

xx

It totally did, I might make myself a badge with it on! ;)

Well this morning I :heartpump: my scales - 10st 12.5lbs! :D :D :D Hard work has paid off and I'm back on my downwards trend, another 3lbs needed to get back down to my lowest, so I shall continue working very hard right up until Tuesday evening weigh-in so I can get as much of that birthday gain back off as possible!

I was meant to be having magic pancakes for breakfast but I totally forgot to make up the mix last night - has anyone tried making them without leaving them to soak?! Do they still work?

xx

Yes I always only do mine in the morning they do need a little while but mine have always been fine have some coffee and then see what the look like nom nom!

Yes I always only do mine in the morning they do need a little while but mine have always been fine have some coffee and then see what the look like nom nom!

Am cleaning the bathroom while they soak! :D

Right pancakes made and consumed, here's today's plan, green day today!

Breakfast: Apple, Magic Pancakes (HEB) with Strawberries & Bananas
Exercise: 30 Day Shred
Lunch: Boots Shapers Sushi (2.5)
Snacks: Tea (0.5), Biscuits (recommendations for good ones to get in for visitors so I can have one too without breaking the syn bank?)
Dinner: SW Chips, Quorn Burgers (1), Salad & Dips (0.5)

Oh and in other news, Sophia has just brought me yet another butterfly!! I think she's single handedly decimating the local populations!! :eek:

Yes I love the teriyaki!! However wish it was a smaller jar cos it has to be used in 2 or 4 weeks I think?? Dunno what happens to it left longer mighty be worth risning two months! Just can't use so much of it it's rather annoying!

Also all I've heard at work for 4 weeks is 'incredible Shrinking woman' haha!! Love it

Watched it! They showed all the girls dancing in bikinis by the pool and thought of you! :)

That will be me!! :D

Yes I love the teriyaki!! However wish it was a smaller jar cos it has to be used in 2 or 4 weeks I think?? Dunno what happens to it left longer mighty be worth risning two months! Just can't use so much of it it's rather annoying!

Also all I've heard at work for 4 weeks is 'incredible Shrinking woman' haha!! Love it

Know exactly what you mean with the sauce - the jar says to use within 7 days?! Will def be having at least 1 more Teriyaki meal this week as a result...

Update time... ran out of time to do 30DS this morning before my visitors arrived, but am still planning on doing it this evening before dinner (can do it while the chips are cooking) :)

Did a search of the SW website for the lowest syn biscuits and Amaretti and Rich Tea Fingers are only 1 Syn each, so got a pack of each :) Can totally take or leave Amaretti so they're safe to keep in the house, but the rich tea might have to be binned at the end of the weekend once all my visitors are gone, as I could demolish those quite easily! :D Also found the cutest little mini cupcakes at Waitrose, there's 9 in a box and they're only 5 syns each, so if I have one or two of those a day over the weekend I can still feel like I'm taking part in everything whilst staying within my syns - yay! :D

Snacks: Tea (0.5), 1 Amaretti Biscuit (1), 1 Mini Cupcake (5)
Dinner: SW Chips, Quorn Burgers (1), Salad & Dips (0.5)

Should still be well within my syns allowance even if I go out and have a G&T or two, although it's just so nice that I'm leaning towards staying home and chilling in the garden for as long as possible :)

Hope you're all having lovely Saturdays! xx

Which cupcakes are those? Have been having the meringues from the patisserie counter on the basis they must be low ish in syns but not been able to find what they are! xx

Which cupcakes are those? Have been having the meringues from the patisserie counter on the basis they must be low ish in syns but not been able to find what they are! xx

These ones... very tasty! If you can find out the calorie content of the meringues you've been buying (the girls on the counter might have the details) you can work out the syns from that, but in general a mini meringue is 1 syn and a normal meringue nest is about 3 syns - although no idea how many syns might be in a full on cream meringue! :D

WP_000689.jpg

They look lush! I am one if the girls on the counter so there's not much hope lol! But might make some enquiries to see if I can find out!

Haha well done on the slimming working behind that counter!!! I would not be able to stop myself... when I used to work at Somerfield I would always come home with a carrier bag full of fresh bread and cakes!! :eek:

Haha well done on the slimming working behind that counter!!! I would not be able to stop myself... when I used to work at Somerfield I would always come home with a carrier bag full of fresh bread and cakes!! :eek:

I'm not on there anything like all week thank god I usually do about 5 hours a week to cover breaks. That's why I am on sw I have gained nearly 2 st since working there! Is definitely a challenge staying on track! But figured out how to get nvs for the meringues now :)

I'm not on there anything like all week thank god I usually do about 5 hours a week to cover breaks. That's why I am on sw I have gained nearly 2 st since working there! Is definitely a challenge staying on track! But figured out how to get nvs for the meringues now :)

NVS?

Sympathise with the putting on weight since starting a job - I work at Kellogg's and "The Kellogg Stone" is a well known phenomenon for most of our new starters!!

Nutritional values :) I just need better will power! When I first started it was better as was on my feet all day I'm not now and when I am it's not rushing round like I used too! Working with food really is tough!!

Nutritional values :) I just need better will power! When I first started it was better as was on my feet all day I'm not now and when I am it's not rushing round like I used too! Working with food really is tough!!

Totally agree - every meeting I go to I'm surrounded by cereal bars, very difficult not to absent-mindedly pick one up and start chomping!! :D

End of day check-in... have done 30 Day Shred for the first time in about 4 weeks, was a bit of a killer even doing level 1!! Going to try and complete the whole thing before I go to Vegas, so wish me luck! :D Decided not to go out for drinks this evening, going to save my syns for tomorrow so I can have a nice meal guilt-free with my parents when they're up :)

Snacks: Tea (0.5), 1 Amaretti Biscuit (1), 1 Mini Cupcake (5)
Dinner: SW Chips, Quorn Burgers (1), Salad & Mayo (1), followed by a Peach
Snacks: 40g Reduced Fat Cheese (HEA), Special K Chewy Delight Bar (HEB)

Summary (Green): 1 x HEA, 2 x HEB, 11 Syns, 30 Day Shred Level 1

WP_000691.jpg

Now that it's finally cooled down I'm off for a long soak in the bath with a good book, it may not be particularly rock n roll, but I'm really going to enjoy it! :D

x

Edit: Didn't get around to eating all the snacks!

Last edited:
'Tiny and tempting' !!! Great tag line, clever gits!!

Totally!! I had to hide them in the fridge after my visitors left or else I could have happily eaten the box full haha! :D

Morning all!

The scales have stuck at 10st 12.5lbs this morning, so am happy that yesterday wasn't just a fluke! Yay! Would love to get another 1lb off that by weigh-in, but we'll see how I get on this afternoon first ;)

Have got the parents coming up to visit me today (they live in Milton Keynes, I live in Manchester) and they want to take me out for a belated birthday meal, so I'm just having a look around the local pubs and restaurants to find one with a menu I can choose wisely from :) Then I can have a couple of cakes and things with them without needing to worry that I've already blown all my syns on a naughty meal. Have saved 22.5 Syns over the last few days, so today I can have up to 37.5 Syns without comprimising my weight loss :)

Am a bit achy after doing 30DS for the first time in so long yesterday! My poor thighs!! Think today will be a day off exercise, or at most will be a gentle walk with mum and dad!

So today's plan...

Brreakfast: Banana, Muller Greek Yog (0.5)
Lunch: Bacon & Egg Buttie (HEB)
Snacks: Tea (0.5), 2 Amaretti (1), Mini Cupcake (5)
Dinner (out): Steak with Jacket Potato & Salad (found a pub that does sizzler plate meals and can swap chips for jackets! and it's walking distance so I'll try to persuade mum and dad to walk there rather than drive so I can fit my body magic in, yay!)
Supper: Sushi (2)

:)

Last edited:
Back