Nicola's Diary

Just caught up on your diary Nicola, you are doing so well. Fab-U-lous!! xx

Thanks all! :) Yeah so far so good! I decided to do a bakeathon today-wasn't intended but then it got out of hand! I love cooking and after i had been for a swim i decided to make hubby something nice for his tea, poor fella has been off work for five weeks after and op and now as he was due to go back he has caught chicken pox-bless he has been so poorly over past few days! I made him one of his faves, never actually made before-quiche!! I even made pastry for the first time lol and it was not a disaster! I am sort of ashamed to say but i had the smallest taste-it was about the size of my litte fingers fingernail-nothing really but then i thought why did i have to do that! Oh well s**t happens as they say!!! I will know if im not in ketosis why! Also cooked cupcakes for the kiddywinks and a loaf of bread and then as i was going to clear away my elder brother rang and asked for one of my lush cakes-christ seven hours in the kitchen! I know its all food talk but i feel relatively in control and the way i look at it it keeps me occupied and not sitting thinking-which is when i find it the hardest!

I treated myself today, now normally i would treat myself to food but on this occasion it was two different types of coffee-one expensive starbucks tin from Tesco and another tin of the new kenco one! Mmmmm the new kenco millicano (i think thats what its called) is lush, very 'creamy' and a real treat! Will try the starbucks tomorrow, i am actually quite sad as love the tin and mini spoon inside-so good i am going to take this tin away with me when i go away next weekend! I have also decided to take my blender, we are staying at the Marriot in Cardiff and i will also ask for ice - sure they wont mind will they! Today has been another good day, can't believe i am on day 18 tomorrow-i never thought i would get this far! Self dout is one of my biggest issues so i wonder if this will help me to develop in confidence not only from a weight point of view but also to believe in me once more. The past few years have been tough but i am really starting to believe that things are changing, i have always been an optimist but when horrible things happen to you you begin to wonder-anyhow enough for one day-more tomorrow!!!

Another day of a missed diary-yesterday was Sunday and stayed on plan, no real problems only my water intake seems to have reduced past few days :-( I think it is because it is TOTM and i feel fat and bloated anyway!

Monday today and i can't believe it is day 19-it has gone so quickly, i am hoping for a good loss this week but not sure as i have period-we shall see. I find it easier than i thought but i do know it is early days. I feel happier in myself and also healthier. I treated myself to some clarins products today-was suppose to get to a stone and then treat but there was an offer on and i had some freebies! I also checked my BMI at the weekend, i started at 41 and need to get to 30 or under in order to have IVF. Now i am BMI 38 so psychologically that has given me such a boost as it is now in the 'thirties' rather than 'forties'. I have a long way to go but take each day at a time and hope that my determination will get me through this.

well done on entering the 30's and leavin the 40's x

Honestly you will hit the 20's before you know it!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just a quick one as off to weigh in in ten mins! I have had a funny two days, yesterday i only had three packs :-( and hardly any water i know thats naughty but its TOTM and i felt rough! Anyhow today has been better, upped water (still not back to my 3.5 litres so that needs to be my focus for next week now-i know what i need to do! I am not sure what to expect as this is my first period since i started LL - i am trying to remember not to be disappointed and to remember if its a loss its a loss! I am much more energised of late and cut the lawns today (by that i mean front and back-don't have a mansion!) The front one is on the smallest incline and i used to find it REALLY difficult to do-today my hubby said, 'Are u done already!!!' Now for all you reading and thinking why does he not do it hes had an operation recently and can't and also now has chickenpox!!! He never really liked doing the lawn either but i now love it as i CAN do it without being completed puffed out-i do go red mind!! LOL

Yesterday was stressful day, woke up to water running through ceiling-argghhhhhhhhhh!!! Turns out immersion tank in airing cupboard has corroded and it was just running through our freshly plastered ceiling-nice crack there now! Worse still engineer came (luckily we are covered under homecare with British Gas) BUT they cannot do the ruddy job until a week Friday so TEN days without hot water-nightmare!! We are showering at my parents! Not the ideal situation but hey! Car two weeks ago and a hefty bill, hubby with chickenpox and now this-hopefully that is the third and last!!!

I work for British Gas, good on you for having homecare a new cylinder would have cost you a fortune! PM me your details and I will see if I can get the job brought forward, not promising but will try! I know all the welsh boys as I used to work with them and manage the parts department that order things like Cylinders etc. I have moved to a different business unit now but I know lots of people :D xxx

Lol not what u know it's who :)

Hi there you,

Sorry its taken so long to catch up on your diary, so many newbies.

Reading your diary, there's a lot of things you've said that resinate with me...esp having no confidence in own abilities and constantly doubting yourself. This diet will make you deal with this like peeling away the layers of an onion lol. Even if you dont want too!!

You are doing so well esp when having to do your assignment. Your outlook changed as soon as you handed it in. You've had great weightlosses and as long as you stick to the plan this will continue. Mine have trailed off a bit so I'm upping my water and walking more ...well thats the plan this week anyways.;)

Keep going hun, your doing really well.

xx

Hi there you,

Sorry its taken so long to catch up on your diary, so many newbies.

Reading your diary, there's a lot of things you've said that resinate with me...esp having no confidence in own abilities and constantly doubting yourself. This diet will make you deal with this like peeling away the layers of an onion lol. Even if you dont want too!!

You are doing so well esp when having to do your assignment. Your outlook changed as soon as you handed it in. You've had great weightlosses and as long as you stick to the plan this will continue. Mine have trailed off a bit so I'm upping my water and walking more ...well thats the plan this week anyways.;)

Keep going hun, your doing really well.

xx

Thanks Gracie Lou-its tough but i agree with the onion thing, i have so many layers to peel mind which takes time hey!!! U are doing so well, i am useless at reading others diaries i have to be honest! I do read them but need to start commenting aswell!

Well it has been a few days as been away for the weekend in Cardiff-shopping weekend with Mum and sister! Was booked before i started LL so knew it would be a challenge!

On Friday we met my other sister for lunch in Las Iguanas-everyone had three courses and i had a shake! Didn't really effect me and felt proud that i was able to say no to food. The food did smell lovely but i didn't want to lapse as i don't want to waste my hard work so far. It is early days and this was the first real 'social' eating situation and i feel i managed ok! Went shopping and went to Monsoon and tried on a top, picked up my usual size 22 (my bust hasn't gone any smaller and these double FFs need large!) anyhow tried it on and it was too big! Yey, so the lady went to get me a 20, whilst she went to look she said there were no 20s or 18s so she gave me a 16-i was like 'uh no that will defo not fit!!! She said she would look upstairs but in the meantime i just couldn't help myself so tried on the 16-well as expected too tight over the bust but it actually went over me-result! So the lady came back and i thought ok i will give the 18 a go and see-my god i couldn't believe it-it fitted!!! I was even tempted to get 16 as know i am going to lose over next few weeks!!! Also bought a tankini in Wallis and again went down a size, i've lost 15 pounds in past three weeks and already it has changed my shape. I still am struggling to visually 'see' the difference in the mirror, probably because i really don't like me if you know what i mean! Anyhow the clothes are showing me what i have lost so that gives me a boost.

Saturday saw a whole day non-stop shopping, madness as Mum and I searched and searched the whole of Cardiff for her for an outift for my brother's wedding-can u believe she didn't find one! We didn't stop for lunch so in the evening had a meal in the hotel, we ate in the hotel the night before too and i explained to the lady about my food pack and they were happy to make my soup so i didn't feel too left out! So same thing happened on Saturday night they made me up veg soup when Mum and Sister had main courses-i have to admit though after two days of seeing and smelling such wonderful food i was beginning to feel very envious and jealous of them eating and me sitting with a pack!! Anyhow i managed got through it and am proud of that and proud of me! I also sat in the new Krispy Creme doughnut on Saturday and had a shake, i just kept telling myself that these things will be there in moderation when i return to eating a healthier diet. My Mum could not believe that i was able to do this as she knows how i am with food so i did feel thankful that she kept telling me how proud she was i mean i know im 32 and am an adult but there is a child in all of us isn't there that wants to be praised for when we do well!

Anyhow, i am SHATTERED tonight and look forward to my own bed and cannot wait to have my iced vanilla coffee later-have missed that! LOL

Roll on weigh in on Wednesday and i swear if i haven't lost a fair few pounds look out because i walked and walked all weekend!!!

Well done honey. Comittment above and beyond the call of duty xx

Sounded like me at the beginning of my journey...had a weekend away in bath with my mum...it was hard but I was so determined. After that weekend my mum was so impressed she started LL but doing lite as she doesnt have that much to lose.

What an incentive too, to try on clothes that you thought wouldnt have fitted...well done hun, you should be proud of yourself.

Good luck with your WI on wed, you will have lost a good amount I'm sure

xxx

Sounded like me at the beginning of my journey...had a weekend away in bath with my mum...it was hard but I was so determined. After that weekend my mum was so impressed she started LL but doing lite as she doesnt have that much to lose.

What an incentive too, to try on clothes that you thought wouldnt have fitted...well done hun, you should be proud of yourself.

Good luck with your WI on wed, you will have lost a good amount I'm sure

xxx

Thanks GracieLou! Yes all good and feeling good from achieving that at the weekend :) I look at your weigh losses and those of others and it keeps me going!

How are things going with you ? Well I hope x

Well done on your weekend away, that can't have been easy but I bet it felt fantastic afterwards!!! Keep up the good work x

Well what with all the lovely weather and things needing to be done in the house (immersion work on Friday) i have been rather lax in writing my diary! All is good at the moment and each day is becoming easier, i managed to sit through my first BBQ of the season on Friday and it was fine! I had a veg soup! I weighed in for the fourth time last Wednesday and lost another 3 pounds, totalling 18 now-not as much as others but as i've said before this is ME and i need to remember that!

I tried some jeans on that were in the wardrobe and they were an 18 but really really tight so put them on today to go shopping-i had to take them off as they were falling down so i went straight to Next and bought myself a pair of size 16s!!!! Ok albeit they are a little tight on the tummy, but the legs etc fit-was so shocked as i thought i will try 16s from the petite section as am so short-i have NEVER shopped in this section although need to as am only 5'3 so was super chuffed that i got into them!!! Onwards and inwards for me, i am feeling much better in myself and more confident already, even that bit of weight has made all the difference to my self esteem which can only be a good thing hey!

Will update again in the week hope everyone is good-shame the sun has disappeared hey!!!

Well done with the new jeans - you're doing brilliantly, 18lbs is fantastic, just think how long it would take to lose that without LL. Enjoy xxx

Back