Attack Nicola's dukan diary

Rednicola

Silver Member
Well after reading and reading through this site I decided to give it a go I'm now on day 2 so thought I'd start a diary to keep me on track x hope I'm doing it right coz I'm still waiting for my book to arrive x

Day 1 of 8 day attack

B- scrambled egg & ham
L- salmon & total 0%
T- whole small chicken & total 0%
S- skimmed milk in coffee
2 slices of ham
Water

Didn't have any oat bran (not organised)

Day 2

B- oatbran porridge
L- prawns & sweetened quark
T- chicken & total 0%
S - skimmed milk in coffee

Not sure if I'm eating too much diary !!!!!

Hi Nicola

Am only new at this but looks ok to me - how much quark are you using?? How much skimmed milk do you get through? I know there is a limit on the dairy side - have you weighed each morning. If it is coming off you are obviously on the right track!

Is the ham the lean wafer ham and not the deli type?

The first days are always difficult as you are finding your feet and tend to go with safe options. I start in cruise tomorrow and am looking forward to a bit more variety - I will have done 7 days of attack and its gone ok. Take one day at a time. Try the gallettes out I found them lovely sweetened and with some cinammon.

Good luck :D

Hi,
The more protein you have the better, just don't go overboard with the dairy and remember to drink loads whilst in attack. Good luck.

charlies mummy said:
Hi Nicola

Am only new at this but looks ok to me - how much quark are you using?? How much skimmed milk do you get through? I know there is a limit on the dairy side - have you weighed each morning. If it is coming off you are obviously on the right track!

Is the ham the lean wafer ham and not the deli type?

The first days are always difficult as you are finding your feet and tend to go with safe options. I start in cruise tomorrow and am looking forward to a bit more variety - I will have done 7 days of attack and its gone ok. Take one day at a time. Try the gallettes out I found them lovely sweetened and with some cinammon.

Good luck :D

Hi charlies mummy

Thanks for the reply I had 1/2 a tub of quark which will be 125 g and the milk I have is only in my coffee I have about 5 a day. The ham I've used isn't the thin stuff but it is packet stuff and I checked that it doesn't contain sugar and it doesn't (is that ok ??)

I have lost 2lbs from yesterday so
I'm chuffed with that after eating a full chicken lol x

How much have you lost ??? I'm gonna try the galletes but actually liked the porridge this morning and was full even though it's such a small amount ...MAD !!!!

Good luck with cruise and thanks again I appreciate any help x

CaledoniaDreaming said:
Hi,
The more protein you have the better, just don't go overboard with the dairy and remember to drink loads whilst in attack. Good luck.

Thanks for that I can have sugarfree jelly can't I ??? I

O that's a very old thread at the bottom I don't tend to go on the computer for minimins (do it on my phone) so haven't amended it for ages and I'm afraid I've piled on a lot since that x

Hi Nicola - not certain on the ham so would put that out to the experienced lot!! I stay away from it tbh. The sugar free jelly is allowed - I made some today and its been my saviour when wanting dessert!!

The porridge filled me up when I started. I am amazed I am not hungry at all - just craving really. I have not really been snacking either - my daughter just had cereal for supper could have eaten it not because I was hungry just because I like the taste.

I have lost 5lbs in 6 days of attack - which was what Dr D predicted so hopefully after today it may be a little more. I have a long cruise phase so need to stick with it. Think crab sticks affected me to begin with so not eating them now. Good for convenience but not for me.

Just been reading this thread it looks great!

Well Done!

Ruth
X

charlies mummy said:
Hi Nicola - not certain on the ham so would put that out to the experienced lot!! I stay away from it tbh. The sugar free jelly is allowed - I made some today and its been my saviour when wanting dessert!!

The porridge filled me up when I started. I am amazed I am not hungry at all - just craving really. I have not really been snacking either - my daughter just had cereal for supper could have eaten it not because I was hungry just because I like the taste.

I have lost 5lbs in 6 days of attack - which was what Dr D predicted so hopefully after today it may be a little more. I have a long cruise phase so need to stick with it. Think crab sticks affected me to begin with so not eating them now. Good for convenience but not for me.

Wow well done amazing loss ...how mad that it's what he predicted x good luck with the cruise phase how you gonna split your week Up ????

I can say at the moment I'm not wanting any carbs seeing the scales go down is spurring me on ....as for the ham I'm gonna carry on as I've lost but should I stop then I know what to pull back on x

Jelly is in the fridge for today would you eat a full one ???

Thanks for your help can't wait for my book to come I've managed in the attack phase with the fab advice on here but think I'll need it for the next phases x

Trefoil said:
Just been reading this thread it looks great!

Well Done!

Ruth
X

Thanks ruth I'm still learning not got my book yet but I'm loving it and seeing the numbers on the scales go down is really encouraging after months of struggling ...love meat and yoghurt so think this is my perfect diet ;)

Day 3
Another 1 lb down so that's 4lb down now and into the next stone bracket so chuffed x

B- oatbran porridge ...gonna attempt the
muffins today for tomorrow morning
L- scrambled egg & ham roll ups
Sf jelly
T- salmon & total 0%
Total 0%
Beef slices

Last edited:
Day 4

Still loving it !!!!

B- ginger oat bran muffins ...yum !!!
L- kippers
Total 0%
T- massive steak
Quark

Last edited:
Day 5 and another pound gone :):)

B- Dukan bread with boiled egg

L- prawns
Total 0%

T- chicken
Total 0%

Last edited:
Rednicola said:
Day 5 and another pound gone :):)

B- Dukan bread with boiled egg

L-

T- chicken
Total 0%

Sounds lovely!

Well done on the lb too!!!

Ruth
X

Trefoil said:
Sounds lovely!

Well done on the lb too!!!

Ruth
X

Thanks ruth ...I see you've done fabulous too well done x my book should come today can't wait x

Day 6

B- failed galette but i still ate it

L- rump steak

T-tuna and a hard boiled egg
Total 0%

Last edited:
Rednicola said:
Day 6

B- failed galette but i still ate it

L- rump steak

T-

Yummy rump steak!!!!!

Ruth
X

Hi Nicola

If it helps my first couple of gallettes came out wrong too. I decided to change my pan to a small omelette one and its much easier. Also make sure you leave the mixture long enough, try turning it to a mid heat and then just prise round the edge - you will know if its ok to turn. It s bit trial and error but once mastered you will love them!

I have sweet for breakfast and then last night tried savoury to go with my fajita mix - worked a treat x

Persevere though - just looking at your menu, would suggest some more protein maybe have included a dry fried egg with the steak?? Try yoghurt and sweetener or some sugar free jelly too - try and get some variety in and I think the key for this all is plan ahead.

Good luck with the gallette practice x

Thanks Hun I'll keep trying ...I was out at lunch so no access to yoghurt coz i do normally have one and it was a 12oz steak lol So pretty huge x the biggest I could get x

O and thanks for the tip about omelette pan will get one at my next shopping trip x

Day 7 & another 1lb down best diet ever !!!!!!! So that's 7.5lb down doing attack chuffed x cruise starts tomorrow but I'm
Scared !!!

B- Gallette ( a success today but did it in the microwave )

L- salmon
Total 0%

T- chicken wrapped in reduced fat bacon
Sweetened quark

Last edited:
Back