Nic's dukan diary

ceridwen said:
It was only a couple of days, so you'll be back in the Dukan zone in no time! :)x

Your right looking forward to it already :):) funny how you want bread when your ill yet it bloats me up straight away xx

Made up today a women in my spin class said "wow you've lost loads of weight what've you been doing ???? " so I told her ....I don't weigh till Saturday ....i don't feel like ive lost loads though but we'll see and it's always good for someone to notice :):)

Sorry to hear about the illness. Did you skip the WI today? I'm sure you'll be back in no time, though.

Congrats on the spin class! I haven't been to gym since I started dukan - mainly because I've been too busy, and then traveling, but I guess also because I've been worried I'd pass out or something :ashamed0005:... (I do spinning and body pump). Silly, as i feel full of energy, and i have cycled to work a few days. Just need to organise myself so I have a meal beforehand and some snacks for after, I guess. But you've motivated me to get moving this week!

Dukanista said:
Sorry to hear about the illness. Did you skip the WI today? I'm sure you'll be back in no time, though.

Congrats on the spin class! I haven't been to gym since I started dukan - mainly because I've been too busy, and then traveling, but I guess also because I've been worried I'd pass out or something :ashamed0005:... (I do spinning and body pump). Silly, as i feel full of energy, and i have cycled to work a few days. Just need to organise myself so I have a meal beforehand and some snacks for after, I guess. But you've motivated me to get moving this week!

Thanks hate being ill and things stopping me ;);) I did skip wi as feeling really bloated and I knew it would get me down if it'd gone up !!!!! Anyway get to the gym trust me I've managed all my classes without feeling weak even while doing attack ....I even did a 90 min spin class this morning ....BOOM IM BACK !!!!!!

90 mins? good on you! i used to do a 90min class on saturday afternoons and then the gym cancelled it, but 60mins is more than enough for me right now.

So you're on - my goal for the week is to get back in the saddle and do a spin class! i've got flu at the moment too so will wait until that's over, but definitely by the end of the week.

good luck for the WI and don't worry even if you've gone up: it will just be temporary.

O no sorry to hear your not well ...I'm sure it's this damn weather making us all drop like flies !!!!

anyway enjoy your classes let me know how you go on xxx

Day 1 attack !!!!!!

B
3 eggs scrambled

L
1/2 roast chicken
Total 0%

T
Rather large steak
Total 0%

S
Gallette

D
Water & green tea

E
90 mins spin class ( am )
60 mins hill climb on bike ( pm )

Good to be back in the land of the living .....bring on ketosis :):)

Wooo hhoooooo get you - well done on the gym classes..... Sure you won't have done any damage and the bloating should have gone by now..... Onwards and downwards Nicola - rubbish that you were feeling ill....... Hate being poorly! x

More poorly pants, so sorry to hear you've not been well. feel better soon nicola xx

Thanks girls ....god I hate feeling ill to trudy especially when I cant exercise ....makes me down in the dumps on top of being sick !!!! Anyway feeling better now thank god x

....been reading though it takes your body 3-4 days to get back into ketosis even after consuming a small amount of sugars ....so guess its back to attack for me ...arghhhhh

5 weeks today till my holidays but that doesn't mean that's when Dukan will end this is a lifestyle change ...hope your all well got some catching up to do x

I read somewhere that it only takes about a day, sometimes less to get into ketosis. Apparently it can even happen overnight - so don't beat yourself up! Wait, I'll try and find where I read that.

Ok, here: How long does it take for your body to go into ketosis on the Dukan diet? - Dukan Diet FAQ - not sure if it's a scientific source but still!

Jx

Joodle said:
I read somewhere that it only takes about a day, sometimes less to get into ketosis. Apparently it can even happen overnight - so don't beat yourself up! Wait, I'll try and find where I read that.

Ok, here: How long does it take for your body to go into ketosis on the Dukan diet? - Dukan Diet FAQ - not sure if it's a scientific source but still!

Jx

Ahhhhh maybe it's quicker on Dukan as we don't eat veg or salad stuff for the days on attack and then alternate our pv days ...I was looking at advice under the keto plan where they include them daily ....makes sense ta Hun x

Day 2

Attack

B
3 eggs scrambled

L
2 Chicken breasts

T
2 salmon steaks
Total 0%

S
Cinnamon gallete

D
Water & green tea

E
30 mins interval hill climb on bike

Went on a nutrition seminar today and was told the best diet to be on is a ketosis plan for fat loss and getting lean ....dr Dukan knows his stuff but did we ever doubt that :):)

Ooh, interested to hear more about the nutrition seminar. I've been wondering if the 'establishment' will ever accept that low carb/low fat is the way to go - every time I read something about Dukan or similar, they always roll out the nutritionists to slam it and repeat that only high carb/low fat is healthy. I have a suspicion that those who slam it have never tried it!!

Jx

Ooh, interested to hear more about the nutrition seminar. I've been wondering if the 'establishment' will ever accept that low carb/low fat is the way to go - every time I read something about Dukan or similar, they always roll out the nutritionists to slam it and repeat that only high carb/low fat is healthy. I have a suspicion that those who slam it have never tried it!!

Jx
Or never been addicted to carbs!!! x

Looking good Red - keep going my friend..... When is next WI? x

trudyc said:
Looking good Red - keep going my friend..... When is next WI? x

Thanks Hun ....TOTM at mo so may just wait till Saturday ....but really toying with weighing everyday or weekly ....both have pros and cons I suppose ...once the dreaded curse has gone I'll rethink ....what do you think ????

Joodle said:

Jx

O it was really interesting he went into body types and the best way to lose and gain weight with each ...I'm an Endormoph which I think we all will be on here and a very low carb diet was the best option for us which puts us inna ketogenic state ....however it wasn't low fat it was high fat but good fats like coconut oil and nuts ....but I'm gonna ignore that bit for now ...5 weeks to my holidays and I don't fancy trying it just yet lol x

I am a weigh once a week gal Red - just can't cope with the ups and downs of daily WI - but that is just personal - think it is always good at the start of the diet to weigh daily whilst the results are there to see but dunno, if I see it staying the same or god forbid going up I would freak!!! LOL! x

Back