night out at the curry house

thinfor30!

Morning everyone, well I survived a friday night wine free - the first I think since I was pregnant in 2007! However tonight is my firends birthday and loads of us are going for a curry. I'm on a PP day and think the most dukan friendly thing I can have is tandoori chicken (I can sneakily take my own pot of ff yog sauce). Luckily I am driving so temptation by wine is not an option. I was just wondering how other people on the diet cope with eating out and nights out and if you struggle or cave in to temptation on the odd occassion.

Apparently the best advice is to go Atkins when you go out for a night out

I'm afraid I've actually turned down some invitations out when I know that they aren't going to be dukanisable. If it's a birthday I make a reasonable excuse and arrange to meet the b'day boy/girl for a coffee or lunch another day.

Oh I think you should go...A lifestyle change isn't any good if you don't have a life!!! Bring your own little bits if you have to...Explain to the waiter that you have a very serious food allergy and have them bring you some chicken with spices, put your yoghurt on it and avoid the rice/poppadoms etc! x

Tandoori is definitely one of the most dukan friendly options - the celebrations I've avoided tend to be Thai, or Dim Sum, where dukan choices are very few - (many chinese sauces are thickened with starch.)

I would say anywhere that serves meat should be able to do you that meat without any sauce if you ask! The customer is always right after all!

Thanks for all your help, I think I'll just stick with the tandoori chicken, although I will be salivating over the lamb bhunas and nan breads but I know it's worth it in the end!

You can always plan a curry night as your first gala when you move into conso - cruise isn't a life sentence, and dukan is a very human and life-affirming approach to losing and maintaining weight.

(i'm sticking a bottle of champagne in the fridge for my next gala)

Isn't chicken tikka just cooked in spices with no sauce?

Well I survived the curry night! I stuck to my mineral water and tandoori chicken (which was delicious) and made my own ff raita and took it with me. I must say it was quite hard watching evryone with their nan breads, sag aloos and huge glasses of wine but I am so glad I didn't fall off the wagon. Also I got a text of my friend who has a raging hangover and feels like death, whereas I practically skipped out of bed this morning and took the dog out for half an hour on the beach at 7am! Smug? Me? :)

Congratulations - that must have taken oooooodles of will power

Well done! It feels great when you manage to resist, doesn't it? :)

Back