Nikki (AKA Wannabslim)'s Diary- Leaving the WW forum!

well done hunni! You are doing really really well.

Im feeling those positive vibes ......

xx

Thanks Starlight, yeah I am focussed I guess! Thing is its my WI on Tuesday and the scales (I have only been on once this week- managing to control myself with scale hopping a bit better recently) are STILL showing 13.6- meaning they havent moved since the beginning of the last week of feb!:(

My thoughts on this matter are:
a) altho lbs have not fallen off, my body looks slimmer inchwise
b) therefore maybe it is just taking a while for the lbs to catch up
c) I am getting stronger at aquafit
d) My old jeans are too big

Therefore I am trying not to get down about the lack of movement on scales and stay positive, but its not easy!!!

Today I have had roast chicken with 5 (small) roasties, gravy and plenty of veg. Total calories in chicken: 171 and 6.5g fat, roasties: 106 and 2g fat, veg: 59 and 0g fat, gravy: 13 cals 0g fat. Total for the meal then: 349 cals and 8.5g fat- not bad eh???

I also had THREE (yes you read right!) THREE WW Eclairs :eek: at 81 cals and 3.5g fat though I suppose its not tooooo bad!! Hehe! :D so the total for that little bit of naughtiness is 243cals and 10.5g fat

I then went to aquafit :D yay me! So earned a few brownie points there.... then got back and had in total FOUR slices of bread at 110cals and 1.1g fat= 440cals and 4.4 g fat :( whoops (and thats without the fillings which were pate at 143 cals and 12.3g fat, and cheese- 30g at 81cals and 4.7g fat) TOTAL: 664 cals and 21g fat

And a packet of walkers baked: 98cals and 2.1g fat

So days total is 1354 cals and 42.1g fat- so under my calorie limit by 50 or so, and fat by 16g! So again, another good day! Best see some losses on the scales soon otherwise I will wonder whats wrong with my body!!!

have you tried a new battery or gone on scales in, say boots, to get a comparison ?
just a thought
xx

Hey hun, well the scales I use are mechanical ones as I bought some digi ones but they are rubbish (according to them I still weigh 14st 2 which i clearly know to be a load of twaddle)! I could try going on the scales at a shop i spose but I am actually a bit scared in case they read higher than my mechanical ones and it turns out i have lost EVEN LESS than i thought!! :( xx

Thanks hun!

Brekkie: bowl of Fitnesse and skimmed milk (169cals and 2.4g fat) with a few of dried raisins (70 cals and 0g fat
Snack: a packet of walkers baked: 98cals and 2.1g fat
Lunch: pub lunch-lasagne (425cals and 20g fat est.), salad (free cals/fat), french fry-style chips (271cals and 14.5g fat)
Snack: Kinder Bueno- 240 cals and (i didnt realise this otherwise wouldnt have eaten it...) a whopping 15g fat!! (bless one of my little cherub clients bought it for me and I couldnt say no now could I?!)

So total so far on calories is: 1273
Fat: 35g

So I only have 130 cals left for today- thats only just enough for a piece of toast! Luckily where I had a late lunch (and it was really the sort of thing I would normally have had for dinner) and the bueno in the afternoon, I'm not overly hungry. AND it is already twenty past 7 so time is getting on. I think what I will have to do is have some veg. 90 cal soup a bit later on, either that or a piece of toast, and leave it at that. After all they do say "Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Queen, Dine like a Pauper" so for once in my life I shall be doing as 'they' say!!

Its WI tomorrow so hopefully a smaller dinner will help with the weightloss- although I have to say I'm not overly confident that I will see a loss as the scales havent moved for yonks. I'm hoping that when I take my break from my pill- which starts Wed. that it will cause a loss (I have run 2 packs together and since I have done that I havent lost anything so I am beginning to wonder whether that may have something to do with it... anyone ever found this??) if I don't lose next week I may actually give up even counting and go back to slimfast for a few weeks til it's kickstarted again!! I think I may also drop my cal limit down to 1200 where I can this next week and see if that helps things along...

Fingers crossed I will see a loss tomorrow but not holding out much hope!!! xxx

Lol sorry! Thanks for the luck- I need it!!! Have just had a stir-fry (OH was heading to tesco anyway so got him to pick me up a mushroom stirfry pack)- yummy! 65 calories and worth every one of them!! And no fat! AND im still under my cal allowance (just!).

So all in all, a successful day methinks :D xxx

Well just had my WI and I have lost 1.5lbs!! I am now 13st 4.5lbs :D hurraaaah- about blinkin' time I tells ya!!

So I am feeling chirpy today- I reckon my weekend of being good is what helped things along the way- I am determined to lose another 1.5lbs next week so no cheating for me and I plan to be a bit more careful with carbs for the week and see what that does to my loss!

:bliss: thank goodness tho- it IS a relief, I was beginning to wonder if I would ever lose another lb! Its TOTM as of later this week so not sure what that will do to my loss- I'm hoping it will actually help things along, but we shall see!

xxx

so glad you've seen movement on the scales at last hun, it perks up the morale doesn't it.
After a naff day yesterday i am off to do abit of shopping to keep me on track 2day, cup a soup & salad me thinks.
I love porridge in the morning, thought it was healthy, but lots of cals :( have to find sommit different eh.
Keep at it hun
xx

Thanks hun! Yeah it has made me feel better about things- I rly was starting to get a bit down about it all!

Hmmm porridge, well it may be high in cals yeah, but its good because it keeps you going for up to 4 and a half hours so you wont snack on other even higher cal things! I have to say I love my Fitnesse cereal with skimmed milk and a sprinkling of raisins! I have just realised that all this time I have been counting the cals wrong on it tho- checked the box this morning and the 169cals is if you use semi-skimmed milk, where I use skimmed! SO its only actually around 125cals!! :D xx

:party0019: WOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO

Well done Nikki on the loss Hun, way to gooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! So pleased that the scales have moved for ya hunni xxxxx

Yay way to go you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..finally those pesky scales moved for you! Im really pleased! Bet your a bit smiley yaself to! hehehe

xxxxx

Thanks girlies!! I am rly chuffed :)

Have been fairly good today- I had late training at work so knew it would be a tricky one- luckily it was the last session so from now on its dinners as normal for the foreseeable!!

Brekkie: bowl of Fitnesse and skimmed milk (125cals as I have now realised and 1.8g fat) with a few of dried raisins (70 cals and 0g fat)
Snack: a packet of walkers baked (98cals and 2.1g fat)
Lunch: Slimfast milkshake (212 cals and 6.5g fat)
Snack: an apple and a milky way (117 cals and 4.2g fat)
Dinner: Pub dinner- pulled pork baguette with BBQ sauce topped with cheese, served with salad (free) and wedges with garlic dip (am counting it the same as my BBQ chicken one from the other day- 716cals and 37.7g fat plus wedges at 250cals and 5.3g fat)
Snack: A curly wurly (116cals and 4.6g fat)

So total cals is: 1704 (oooooops) cals and 62.2g fat- OK so not quite as low as it should have been but only over fat by 2 or 3g (which isnt too bad rly) and 260ish cals (again not a major deal). Important thing is I have still eaten little enough that if I ate that all week I would still supposedly lose about a lb (instead of the 1.5/2 I am aiming for)- BUT obviously its just for one day so hopefully will not affect my loss next week.. in the grand scheme of things 260 cals is no biggie!!

Am shattered now- and on reflection I think I have only gone over on my cals today due to the fact that its been a 10 hour working day and the place where I had planned to go for dinner (pub over the rd that serves healthy meals) was shut for a wake so ended up in some crappy place where all their stuff was full of cals and fat! If I had eaten where I planned I would have been able to have a 3-400 cal salad and then wouldn't have gone over! So lesson learned- check out venue for dinner in advance so dont get disappointed :)

So, its off to bed for me! And a extra-good day tomorrow to make up for it. I think its going to be a busy one so I reckon it should be fairly easy to stay away from the naughty things! I am planning to aim for a 1200 cal day to undo the extra from today- cereal for brekkie, a WW sarnie for lunch and then a WW meal (risotto) in the evening, with a packet of baked and an apple as snacks if need be!

Night all xxx

well done on your loss Nikki, thats fantastic!!

Yay well done! you go girl! ........ This sounds like its suiting you well! .... and you sound really motivated! well done you

xxx

Thanks hun!

Today I have to say has been a struggle. I banged my head last night (rly stupid how it happened so we wont go there... needless to say I feel a bit silly!) and am concussed today- have had a splitting headache all day and have been a little forgetful where I am normally sharp as anything. So not feeling quite on form- but not sick or dizzy which is lucky!

So anyway, I had my brekkie as normal this morning (fitnesse with raisins 125 cals and 1.8g fat, with no raisins) and didn't snack all morning! I was really pleased with myself!

Lunch was where things didnt quite go right... we went to the really cheap but yummy pub and I had a quarter pounder cheeseburger with salad and fries! It was DELICIOUS and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but the calorie value, well, it was definitely too high to warrant a proper meal this evening!
Cheeseburger: 408 and 15.8g
Fries: 325 and 16g
Salad: just ate lettuce which is virtually 0 cal
Lunch total: 728 cals and 31.8g fat

Then during the afternoon I felt rubbish and turned to a milky way 117 and 4.2g and a portion (i promise it was an actual weighed out portion) of Pringles Rice Infusions at 121 and 5.9g- total 238 cals and 10.1g fat

So added together thats:
Cals: 1091
Fat: 43.7g

I guess its not too bad considering the lunch and the fact that I am not going to have dinner. I actually quite like having my main meal at lunch time as it fills me up to the extent that although I may like a couple of snacks, when it comes to the evening I don't really feel hungry. I am quite content to go to bed now without any dinner (especially due to this blimmin headache) and in fact I may do that as at least then I have made up for yesterdays calories!

Hopefully this head of mine will be sorted by tomorrow and I will be my bright cheery self again!
xxx

Back