Nikki (AKA Wannabslim)'s Diary- Leaving the WW forum!

Hey gang, doing ok so far....

Brekkie: bowl of Fitnesse and skimmed milk (169cals and 2.4g fat) with a few of dried raisins (70 cals and 0g fat)
Snack: a creme egg (171 cals and 6.2g fatg) and packet of baked walkers (99 cals and 2.1g fat)
Lunch: Kingsmill Best of Both x2 slices (220 cals and 2.2g fat) with 2 chipolata sausages as filling (120 cals and 10g fat) , a curly wurly (115 cals and 0.6g fat) and orange (20 cals and 0g fat)

Cal total: 984
Fat total: 23.5g

I still have 300 odd cals run over from yesterday and 16g fat, but I think I wil have enough left out of todays allowance as still have 420cals left and 25g fat!! Considering im not planning on eating dinner thats pretty good!! xx

Hi hun,

Just read through your diary glad you've found something thats suiting ya sure you will be at your goal before the date given.
Hows pompey treating ya.

You sound really focused Nikki, Im dead curious though, have you worked out how many points youve had on any of your CC days, just wondered how it compares, if youre over/under/on a par with your points allowance

Hey gang- Starlight, that would be interesting to know, but havent done it as for my cal/fat counting it goes on total fat not sat. fats so havent been checking it against points... would be interesting tho!!

Had an Asda paella for dinner, cant find the packaging at the moment but I know it was on the lower end of the 300 mark calorie wise. Fatwise I remember it was low too and I noted that it would come within my days allowance, so thats the main thing- will have a proper look for the packaging tomorrow.

Work at the pub was knackering- I asked if I could have some time off and they got all arsey with me and said no as it wasnt enough notice- nobody ever got me to sign anything or told me about holidays so its not really my fault. I am actually quite tempted to quit except its steady work and if I work hard and earn good tips I can be earning around a tenner an hour- tonight it worked out at 11 an hour which is well worth it... but at the same time I want my free time back and am just thinking I need my evenings right now. Just not sure what to do! Dont want to quit and then end up struggling for money but I need to stay sane and spend time with my soon-to-be fiance!! Need to work out what my priorities are. Not too worried bout finances at the mo as my uni are helping me out a bit where I would otherwise be completely skint and in danger of needing to drop out- so I'm safe at the moment.... would really appreciate some advice from someone- do I quit the pub and keep my casual care job (I can work pretty much whenever i want but work isnt guaranteed) and have less money but more spare time, or do I keep going and only give myself 3 nights and 1 day off per week (instead of 5 nights off and 1 day). Problem is with my placement at the moment on my 3 nights off I am often not finishing til gone 7pm, sometimes as late as 9.30pm and thats BEFORE the drive home. So as you can imagine I am getting rly tired and stressed out- and I dont even have any deadlines at the moment!

So yeah, some advice would be good! Sorry to ramble but needed to get that off my chest :D xxx

hmmm that is a tough one Nikki, I can see both sides of where your coming from.

Are you positive that your not just annoyed now because of the whole holiday refusal thing and want to leave cos your fed up?? (ha ha if your anything like me!! - something or someone annoys me at work and I want to leave he he) just be careful it's not a rash decision based on the above.

It really depends on how much you need the money - only you know that so its hard for us here to determine what you need - can you pay your bills and still have a little to spare if you give it up?

You do work an awful lot, I think sometimes we put waaaay too much pressure on ourselves and try to be superwomen by doing it all - just be careful to mind yourself first and foremost - one of the things I always try to remember (as I tend to put way too much time into my work) is that (God forbid!) on your death bed, your NEVER going to be sorry that you didnt spend more time at work!!!!

OOh its a toughy, best of luck whatever decision you make x

Thanks hun, that was really helpful and made me think...

Action taken: I have now quit

Nikki, you are right, I don't want to be forever working and never having any time out to enjoy my boyfriend, family, friends and relaxing! I have had a look at the financial side of things and I can manage without the money (without tips I'm only earning £44 a week- thats guaranteed, but the tips could be £0-£unlimited depending on the night!). I decided that although the tips can top it up I wouldnt work for £22 a night- would rather have my night off, and if one day I didnt get any tips I would feel that my night had been wasted.

I also considered the fact that I have to give a full months notice if I need a weekend off- this doesnt suit my lifestyle at the moment as my weekends are my only free time and if I manage for example to get a day off on Friday from my placement at the last minute, I could go away for the weekend or home to visit mum and dad, but for my pub job, as I wouldnt have given enough notice!!

Thirdly the stress I have been feeling doing all these jobs has got so bad that I actually was starting to feel ill and depressed. I am trained to recognise these conditions and I know that it was starting to happen to me. So I have done the only thing I can thing of to stop it getting worse. Hopefully now I have my Thursday and Friday nights free it means that I can relax more, and if I want to do something at a weekend the only work I have is agency casual so I can just call when I want to work instead of when I DONT... I like it better that way I think!

So only one night left at the pub and then it will go back to just being my local (staff arent allowed to drink there due to some problems with stock going missing so at least now I will be able to drink in my local again- its been a real pain not being allowed to!!). Hopefully will take a good amount in tips tonight- am going to try and put as much energy in as I can but my boss' assistant who is in charge tonight knows I am struggling so hopefully she will go easy and be nice to me!!

Foodwise have been ok today I suppose- have been in uni on day release lol and was filming for a DVD that is being made (yes I CAN act believe it or not!! AND I was the only person not to muck up lines and did my takes in one shot!):

Brekkie: Fitnesse with Raisins
Lunch: BBQ Chicken with mozzarella baguette with a few (literally about 8) chips

Will work out calories later but I'm allowed 1800 today as its Friday :D hurrah! Will try and stick to my usual 1400 then tomorrow I might have a pizza!! Shocker!!

xxx

Nikki,
sounds like you have made an informed decisison & you know that there's allways the agency work to fall back on in times of need. You say its not guaranteed,but there's not many a time when its not available is there ?
you're still young, so enjoy life & your bf hun.
diet wise, all looks good.
xx

Thanks Cheryl and Starlight, its good to know I have support. Gonna head off to get ready for work now- last shift here I come (and it cant be over too soon!!). Feeling positive about it all and it feels like a big weight has been lifted. Mike is not surprised (once again I am a "choppy changey monkey") but he supports me whatever I do bless him!

Just had my tea- Hovis best of both x2 slices thick, 1 tin WW tuna, sweetcorn mayo filling and a packet of baked. That will do me for today. Will cal count it later on when I get in.

Speak to you guys tomorrow- have the whoooole day off so will prob be around. Plan to do a workout DVD during the day too.

xxx

Hi everyone, just to post my menu for today on with cals and fat, as promised...

Brekkie: bowl of Fitnesse and skimmed milk (169cals and 2.4g fat) with a few of dried raisins (70 cals and 0g fat)
Lunch: BBQ Chicken and Mozarella Baguette (716cals and 37.7g fat) with a few chips (250cals and 5.3g fat)
Kingsmill Best of Both x2 slices (220 cals and 2.2g fat) with WW tuna sweetcorn in mayo filling (77cals and 3g fat)

Total cals 1502 (582 below target which is 2084 today and tomorrow) 50.6g fat (28.2g below target which is 78.8g is target for today and tomorrow!)

I dont plan to eat extra because of this tho as the calculator for my weightloss said that if I eat 1450cals and 52g fat then I will lose 2lbs a week and reach my target weight by July 18th but if I do the weekend adjustment I will only lose 1.5lb a week so wont reach it til end August. So the incentive is there to lose 2lbs a week instead of 1.5 and I dont plan to eat more just because I can. I have been pretty good at sticking to my calorie targets and have been under the fat often which I think is a good thing as it means that my body will be using its own fats instead of that from food, but I am still getting the energy I need from the calories in what I eat so not feeling tired.

Have just come back from my last shift at the pub- have to say I am glad! Only took a fiver in tips tonight despite being lovely to everyone- there are some right stingey ppl out there. You would think they never heard of the ten percent rule!!! And if the food is crap then dont blame the waitress!!! Grrrrr... well its all over now so I can relax allllll weekend!

Off to bed now for a well-deserved rest and a nice lie-in tomorrow! Night all xxx

Ooh and by the way I got into a pair of skinny jeans today that I havent worn since the beginning of my first year at uni (3 and a half years ago!) so YAY :bliss:

well done nikki,im sure youve made the right decision about your job,Sometimes we all work too hard and need more play timexx

hey hun, thats fab about the skinny jeans !
i had a look at that cal count site, but didn't see the "allowance" of fat per day, how many grams you supposed to have ?
perhapse i'll give it a go, do you use books as well, or all off that site ?
xx

hey hun: Calorie Counter & Food Diary has the fat AND cal allowance, you fill in the box on the right, then the page reloads with all the info you need and at the bottom you can choose to have a higher/lower allowance on certain days and it adjusts the amounts for you! For me its 52g a day. I havent been using any resources other than the net (to calorie count)- the website linked and google to search for cal/fat contents.

How are you getting on hun?
xxx

at the mo i'm in limbo land & gradually putting more weight on, need to get focused :(
that site looks easier to use than the other one you posted, on the other one i put in milk, you wouldn't believe how many hits it came up with :eek:.
on mon, when there's no-one here to bug me i'll look at it in more depth & get myself organised !!
xx

Aww hun, you've gone thru a bit of a tough time recently tho so don't beat yourself up- but if you are putting on its prob time to get back to it, as we all know it takes longer to lose than it does to gain and you dont want it to start getting you down!

Lol yeah on that website it is easier, and rly quick too- only takes about 30 seconds to fill it out and read the results! Hopefully you'll find it helpful xxx

Well, considering its a Saturday and I've been at home all day, I think I have done flipping amazingly!! Instead of treating myself "as its a weekend" I have eaten yummy food but not too much of it and instead of munching on snacks all day have busied myself with various things.... didn't get up til gone half ten this morning (a well needed lie-in as I have been working very hard recently). Then I sat and ate my brekkie whilst watching saturday TV (friends!). Eventually about half 1 I had a shower, and treated myself to a hair mask, then did all my girly things like using a face mask, nose strips that clear pores, did my eyebrows, took off all my old nail varnish on toes and fingers then cut them, filed, cuticle-removed- the works! Then I did a full french manicure on myself and painted my toes bright red! THEN i filed my feet. So I feel utterly clean, relaxed and feminine now, and spent some much needed time looking after myself :D just what the doctor ordered methinks.

So with all this pampering to keep me busy I haven't snacked at all!!! I have done even better than I would when at work in the week! Here's todays food diary:

Brekkie (11am!): bowl of Fitnesse and skimmed milk (169cals and 2.4g fat) with a few of dried raisins (70 cals and 0g fat)

Lunch (3pm): 2 pieces of toast- Hovis BoB bread (220cals and 2.2g fat) with pate 50g (143 cals and 12.3g fat) and a smoothie (112cals and 0.4g fat)

Tea (6pm): McCain roasties 400g (360 cals and 6g fat) with BBQ sauce (90 cals and 0g fat) with Quorn Hotpot readymeal (253 cals and 8g fat)

That means that I have consumed 1417 cals and 31.3g fat!! :bliss: YESSSS! Once again I am under my fat allowance and bang on my WEEKDAY calorie allowance (give or take a few) and haven't touched my weekend spare cals or fat!

Tomorrow its aquafit day again, I plan to cook a roast for Mike and I at lunch which will keep us going til after our various sporting activities in the evening, then maybe a boiled egg with soldiers I think :D its been yonks since I had that!!!

May allow myself a packet of crisps in a minute with some dip as I have been SO good (have to make sure im not TOO good otherwise I wont lose at the optimum rate!). Am really positive and motivated though and today has proved that I dont need to eat to enjoy my weekend!

Hope everyone else is feeling as positive as me. If not- I'm sending my vibes your way.... there ya go!!

xx

Back