Nikki (AKA Wannabslim)'s Diary- Leaving the WW forum!

I might just try that hun to be honest. I would be interested to see just how many calories I am consuming per day at the moment.
I haven't been on a 'diet' for a few weeks now. I was ill on and off then I was really down and I just never got my head back into it. Good thing is though that I haven't gained anything!

Im always looking for the quick fix - when obviously I know that the only safe and healthy way is to eat better!

xx

Sorry Nik ........ just to ask .... how many calories a day are you supposed to have when dieting?

xx

Hey hun, I recommend using this website:
Calculate Calories Needed for Goal Weight
which can tell you how many cals you need and an estimated goal date. Cal counting isnt a quick fix but its good to teach you what is healthy and what isnt!

I have WI this morning at 13st 7 so will start my cal counting from there. So next week hope to be 13st 5 or 6 and am aiming for 13st by the end of march... hopefully thats do-able.

Gotta get ready for work now, hopefully another good day today- think I will take a jacket again for lunch and maybe a ready meal for dinner as I have training at work til 9.30pm tonight! Funfunfun!! xxx

Nikkie your sounding so focused! .. I bet i eat a fair few calories during the day! ... It does sound like a great plan and whats better totally logical! .Im going to have a look at that site and see what its like! ,.. My friend did calorie counting a while ago and lost alot of weight but she cut right down rather than stay in healthy range! ...

Good luck for this coming week hunny xx

Had a look ...... its gonna take me 11 months to lose 76lbs at 1.5lbs a week. taking in 1550 calories a day.

A great site hun - thank you!

xx

Ove just tried mine and it says on 1450 calories a day at 1.5lbs a week september 21st 2008 would be by goal time! .... so 7ish months .......... sounds good .. I wonder how many calories a day im munching thro on ww at the moment.This is so interesting!

Good evening everyone- all interesting comments and points you have made- lol Marie at your point about sticking to it!!!

Well today has been ok, stuck to the plan (pretty much!)

Brekkie: bowl of Fitnesse and skimmed milk (169cals and 2.4g fat) with a few of dried raisins (150 cals and 0g fat)
Snack: orange (20 cals and 0g fat) and packet of baked walkers (99 cals and 2.1g fat)
Lunch: Kingsmill Best of Both x2 slices (220 cals and 2.2g fat) with WW tuna and sweetcorn mayo filling (77 cals and 3g fat), a curly wurly (115 cals and 0.6g fat) and an orange (20 cals and 0g fat)
Dinner: Small portion of chips from chip shop (545 cals and 28.1g fat)

Total cals: 1415 cals
Total fat: 28.4g

I had to go to late night training at work straight after the working day so didnt have time to go home for dinner! I am pretty much bang on my calories and UNDER my fat- yayyyyy! A good first day methinks :0) and its actually fluke that its bang on the cals! :D

Off to bed now! NIght xxx

Hi hun,

Not sure if you remember me just wanted to say hello really lol. I have enjoyed reading your diary and hope the calorie counting is going well for you. I rejoined WW last week after trying and trying to restart CD and failing :cry:

Anyway hope to catch up soon hun

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hi guys, you are welcome for the link- just need to say tho I'm not trying to turn ppl off WW by any means!!

Jools hun I found a link originally which worked out my calories and fat allowance per day (it wasnt the link I put on here as I couldnt find it when I searched for it again). I will try this evening to find the original link and post it as it really was incredibly helpful for me.

So far today have been quite good;

Special K for brekkie
Jacket potato with seafood filling and a sprinkle of cheese for lunch
Packet of baked for a snack

Will calculate the cals and fat later as am now on a quest for the link!! Am pretty sure I am only around 600/650 cals but not certain, and dont know the fat content either so need to check that out.

Write in a bit xxx

Ooh that took all of 2 mins!! Understanding Calories is the link, u fill in the box on the right and wham bam thankyou mam, bobs your uncle- fat and calorie allowance is calculated! (oh and you can choose to have more/less on certain days like weekends and it will work out for you how you can do it!!) A stroke of genius if you ask me!!!

xx

Special K with milk: 150 cals and 1.2g fat
Baked potato: 245 cals, 0.4g fat
Filling: 217 cals, 2.5g fat
Sprinkling of cheese (based on 30g serving but likely i had less): 124 cals, 10.3g fat
Packet of walkers baked: 99 cals and 2.1g fat
Stirfried veg in olive oil with soy sauce: 75 cals and 5g fat
4 chipolata sausages: 170 cals, 20g fat

So that brings me to: 1080 cals and 41.5g fat
So I have 310 cals and 16.5g fat left- may have something else later on if I feel like it altho not really hungry now!

xxx

Hey Sadie hun how are you? Welcome back to WW (even tho im not doing it anymore but hey!).

Its been a while- is everything ok? I still have you on my msn if you ever fancy a chat!! xxx

WOW your doing great! .. Your menu today looks really good and it seems youve got all this calorie lark down to a tea! ... Your doing brilliantly i think! xxx
Huggles

You're welcome Jools! Thanks Pixie :)

Yesterday was a good day- I didnt eat anything more after I wrote on here which is good for me I think- even tho it means I was under what I should have had I cant honestly see that as being a bad thing as at no point was I hungry during the day or evening!

Have just had my bowl of fitnesse with raisins and milk :) and have work at the pub tonight which will mean running around all night which is good exercise! Plan to take lunch with me to work today to try and keep the calories low and then I can have a ready meal for dinner and a couple of snacks during the day.

Hope everyone else is feeling well and positive today :D xxx

Morning! ... Yep you'll certainly get some steps in this evening! lol ... Im hoping my new job will see me being a bit more active to! ... Ive never tried any of the "fit" cereals maybe i would be pleasently surprised? .. Im more of a rice krispie girl! lol altho my 14 yr old daughter loves bran flakes!!!!!!!! ...

Have a wonderful day Im positive! .. and have to pop out late to get OHs birthday pressie! ... if i can pluck the courage up to brave the traffic! lol

Back