nikki's diary - closed...... moved over to maintenance to test the water!

Nikki have u ever done toning tables?? thinking of doing it tomorrow!

or bums and tums class instead.. no exercise for two days need to do something tomorrow.x

i've used toning tables. to use them properly you need to pull in in different areas on certain machines. i would say bums and tums are best.

grumpy me....

p.s i'm in a total foul mood. my last exercise was thursday and i am angry. exercise seems to take the anger out of me to deal with things better. it doesn't help that all emily does is demand things from me, drink, food, tv on, leg hurts i want a plaster etc etc etc just one thing after the other. when you think you've got it sorted she starts again with the same thing or something different. she never stops talking. exercise helps me to cope with this as it gives me time out from these constant demands and chattering.

i would say that i'm a fairly quiet person, i enjoy quiet, i enjoy not talking and just listening or watching. i'm also a wild person who loves dancing too :) but all in all i don't tend to do much talking.

just need some exercise. :(

i've a throat cough thing going on. rather annoying. i can't stop coughing and it's making my throat sore.

Hi Nick, after a bit of advice chick hope you don't mind!

Have been wearin peters tracksuits to work out and run in as that's all I could ever get into, you could probably get half of mini's in with me now so finding it really reatrictive to run in...

Any tips on clothes??

Eventually when I move up to 10k then Half marathon (doing a half marathon with Peter for help for heroes at the end of the year) I will buy super duper stuff (will be back for more advice lol) but at the moment looking for something easily replaceable should it get wrecked.

Thanks so much xxx

So sorry hun posted the same time as u did an now I look like an arse!

Hope your ok, you know how close iv been to leaving lissy in Asda and never looking back. Your a wonderful mummy especially cos you've never done said leaving child at supermarket!

Han in their lovely and get out for a run to blow away the cobwebs asap xxx

hi LovelyLauren

i usually wear adidas or nike stuff to run in. nothing really special. sometimes lidle and aldi have running gear in that is cheap and if it gets wrecked or if you grow slimmer quick it won't matter as much.

the 2 pieces of kit that are very important is the shoes and the bra. if i don't wear exceptionally good sports bras my boobs bounce and then hurt. i use the run bra now as it's the only one i've found that is comfortable and stops 99% of my bounce. amazon are selling them a little cheaper these days. this is what one looks like... Sweatshop | Running Shop | Womens running clothing | Shock Absorber RUN Sports Bra they're a bit hard to get into but once you get the hang it's not bad and it works.

this is quite cheap and goes to an 18 if you need it too... Sweatshop | Running Shop | Womens running clothing | Adidas Wmn's BTBC S/S T-Shirt

bottoms these go to an 18 too. Sweatshop | Running Shop | Womens running clothing | Craft Wmn's Active Run Capri

£20 for both

more expensive and i would go for these.

long bottoms - Sweatshop | Running Shop | Womens running clothing | Brooks Women's Infiniti Tight £32
short bottoms - Sweatshop | Running Shop | Womens running clothing | Brooks Wmn's Infiniti Capri £22
long sleeved top - Sweatshop | Running Shop | Womens running clothing | Brooks Wmn's Nightlife Infiniti 1/2 Zip L/S Top £24.50
short sleeved top - Sweatshop | Running Shop | Womens running clothing | Nike Wmn's Sphere S/S Top £15

for the ultimate in running gear you need compression gear..... skins! mind i've never ran a half in skins but i have trained in them. i bought them before the run bra came out and i used a high intensity shock absorber bra with a skins on top with a shelf bra to stop the move in my boobs. these days i don't need to go to that extreme.
bottoms - http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/details.cfm?ProdID=4772 £47
top - http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/details.cfm?ProdID=4770 £38

hope this all helps.

Last edited:
Lady you are wonderful!!!!

Ordering it all now! Thankyou a million times! Taking it very seriously as I absolutely must be able to do this half marathon - peters super fit and very judgemental army lads will be doing it and last time they saw me I was 20stone so doubt they believed their ears when Peter said I was doin it too!

Anyway thanks so much hun really appreciate your time xxx

Lady you are wonderful!!!!

Ordering it all now! Thankyou a million times! Taking it very seriously as I absolutely must be able to do this half marathon - peters super fit and very judgemental army lads will be doing it and last time they saw me I was 20stone so doubt they believed their ears when Peter said I was doin it too!

Anyway thanks so much hun really appreciate your time xxx

when is your half marathon? mine's not til september so i'll start training about may time onwards. you only really need 12 weeks to train but i like to work on loads of things.

Double post woops x

when is your half marathon? mine's not til september so i'll start training about may time onwards. you only really need 12 weeks to train but i like to work on loads of things.

25th september sweet, so need to finish 5k training start 10k then half marathon lol you reckon that's possible?? Oh god I hope so!

Pushing my 5k training up so I finish that a bit sooner and will hopefully able to donthe same with the 10k programme that's only 6 weeks though... But if I do 4 runs a week instead of 3 hoping to finish the lot in 3 months giving me 4 months for half marathon... Xx

25th september sweet, so need to finish 5k training start 10k then half marathon lol you reckon that's possible?? Oh god I hope so!

Pushing my 5k training up so I finish that a bit sooner and will hopefully able to donthe same with the 10k programme that's only 6 weeks though... But if I do 4 runs a week instead of 3 hoping to finish the lot in 3 months giving me 4 months for half marathon... Xx

i always focus on whatever is closer unless 2 events are not far off each other then i focus on the longer distance.

i'll due a 5k RFL in june and i probably won't go further than about 5 miles at this point. then after the RFL i'll start upping it my miles until i get to 12 miles around the end of august. i've never ran for longer than 2 hours in training i don't do longer than 2 hours until the day of my half marathon. the week before my half i do a couple of very short runs and then just go to the gym and cycle, cross train etc. it's best to run a half on fresh legs.

remember speed training, interval training, hill training, easy long runs. i'm sure that peter will help you with all of this. remember that men are faster than woman 99% of the time due to more muscle to fat ratio.

Nikki my watch is up and running woohoo, gonna give it a go tomorrow at class.

yep go for a early run tomorrow chick x

you should go for a high energy class to really test your watch :)

TMI post!

bleurgh.

feel ill. i've had a tickly cough for almost a week now which in the past 4 days have cause a sore throat. then i've got gunk which i'm coughing up too and almost throwing up with it too. now i've also got the snottiest cold. can't stop my nose from running out rubbish. bleurgh. i've held off taking anything for it all as i'm paranoid that these things put weight on me. every time i take something my weight goes up and i've got serious water retention so i just don't take anything. i think that after weigh in tomorrow i will.

scales are being bad to me today..... up 1lb but i've certainly not eaten 3500 cals extra to the 1500 that i need. water retention is the biggest culprit. my rings are tight too.

Morning nikki I had the same this week with my cold from tuesday I was Down to 10.9 then the Wednesday I started to take night nurse I was up 1.5 lbs!!

Try olbas oil keep sniffing that as Mel told me. It's horrible having colds and the flu makes u really weak and miserable.

Mine is clearing away nicely now.

Have a good day and plenty of fluids x

Morning hunni,

Just wanted to stop by and once again say a huge thankyou for your help, ordered that bra you reccomended as i thought minewas fantastic until i saw that one so cant wait for it to arrive, also ordered the top and pants, and a pair of shorts to hide my jiggly butt for a while!

Over the moon, cos i can replace it all monthly should i need to to for about 30quid so not breaking the bank!

REally appreciate your time especially as your not feeling good.. hope you feel better soon sweet xxxx

Morning hunni,

Just wanted to stop by and once again say a huge thankyou for your help, ordered that bra you reccomended as i thought minewas fantastic until i saw that one so cant wait for it to arrive, also ordered the top and pants, and a pair of shorts to hide my jiggly butt for a while!

Over the moon, cos i can replace it all monthly should i need to to for about 30quid so not breaking the bank!

REally appreciate your time especially as your not feeling good.. hope you feel better soon sweet xxxx

no probs. did you order the run bra from amazon? it is so much cheaper than the sweatshop run bra. this is the normal price for a run bra but they're about £10 cheaper. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shock-Absor...CL6O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298796504&sr=8-1

i'm tempted to order some of those £10 bottoms myself. i have a high waist so need them to come a little higher on me and they look like they do.

i want to buy so much stuff.
another run bra in white. i have 2 in black but after each run it gets washed.
another pair of bottoms, have to capri ones and after each exercise i do they get washed. so i'm constantly washing then wearing.
a pair of dance shoes for zumba but i'm worried about the support in them. i'm an overpronator :(

Morning nikki I had the same this week with my cold from tuesday I was Down to 10.9 then the Wednesday I started to take night nurse I was up 1.5 lbs!!

Try olbas oil keep sniffing that as Mel told me. It's horrible having colds and the flu makes u really weak and miserable.

Mine is clearing away nicely now.

Have a good day and plenty of fluids x

even paracets put 1-2lbs on me too. i try to do without it's the only way. this is really bad.

Back