Nikkis diary

whoops! don't know what I did there!

Tonight, I'm going to have a bagel with smoked salmon and philidelphia cream cheese and scallions (5pts) with loads of veg to bulk it up, am going to have a cream egg later and some ww cookies (my present to me after my walk ;):D) and am going to save 3.5pts. I'm figuring that as hard as I find it, now that I'm on 20pts a day, I'm going to do my very best to save as many points per week for the weekend so I'm less likely to mess up.

oh, I started about the exercise and never finished - Thursday, I'm going to do the 5mile walk/run, Friday going to have a break, Saturday and Sunday a 3mile walk around our place, back to the 5mile on Monday. REALLY need to accelerate this girls, I'm getting so fed up of it (I know, we all are!!)

And Marie - your sooo right - I'm so happy to now know that my maintenance idea will work - be good mon - fri - eat what I feel like on the weekends. Ive stayed the same for 3 weeks doing this so it must be fine. Cant wait to be at goal and be able to do it!!!

pround of myself?? proud even!! :D

lol hun seems like you have your fingers runnimg away with you on those posts!

You have done well to get back into it so well!

Keep it up!

xx

Wow Nikki, get you you sound well & truly back on track.

Sorry mothers day didnt go too great, I had a laugh at the card from his nibs though, I bought a card from my brothers birthday a few years ago which had 'Happy Birthday Uncle' on it :rolleyes:

I can totally relate to your food addiction theory though, I think most of us are like that to an extent.

And Im with Marie - WE WANT PHOTOS ;)

I think we are all with you on the whole food thing! .... I go to bed thinking about what things i can eat! and until very recently i used to panic if there were no "goodies" in the house! i was awful .. if we ran out of chocolate i would feel the panic rise and id have to go buy some! .... same with coke! if theres no diet coke in the house its horrendous! im like a drug addict needing a fix! .... i can totally relate to you! ....

Your sounding very focused now tho and like others have said were all here routing for you ! xxx

I think we are all with you on the whole food thing! .... I go to bed thinking about what things i can eat! and until very recently i used to panic if there were no "goodies" in the house! i was awful .. if we ran out of chocolate i would feel the panic rise and id have to go buy some! .... same with coke! if theres no diet coke in the house its horrendous! im like a drug addict needing a fix! .... i can totally relate to you! ....

Your sounding very focused now tho and like others have said were all here routing for you ! xxx
lol that really made me laughxx

You're on the final slog now Nikki. You have done fantastically well especially with some much else going on in your life. I'm sure you will be a beautiful and slim bride - I for one can't wait for the pictures !

oh guys, thank you all so much for your lovely messages AGAIN xxxx :grouphugg:

I'm really sorry - know I've been a disaster at keeping in touch lately!!!.

So last week started out brilliant - I ran loads (about 10 miles!!), walked 5 miles and did an hour and a half of pilates (throughout the whole week obviously - not in one day he he!!) I even managed to save 12 points for the weekend in a bid to allow myself room for treats and to stop going over.

Did it work? nope!!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME??? I'M SOOOO CLOSE!!!! :cry::cry:I have now a*sed around for a whole month - I could be down half a stone by now and only have 10lbs to go!!! I am so annoyed and disappointed with myself.

This weekend, had my pizza Friday night - but was that enough? no. I had to half a creme egg - enough? no - had to have 2 square bars. TWO.

That was fine, I did intend to pay back the damage over Sat, Sun and Mon for my weigh in on Tuesday (tomorrow) but no, didnt happen either. It was my uncles suprise 50th Saturday night and I hadnt intended on going but felt really bad about not as we're quiet close. Anyway, got a babysitter at the last minute and went - already was minus points and had a few vodkas with diet 7up and (alot!) of the sandwiches/cocktail sausages etc.. provided. I didnt get a takeaway though, and having become soooo dry lately, I went home (cos I missed my baby!!) and was in bed by quarter to 1. I hadnt drank since December so I took it easy and didnt go mad on that either.

Yesterday - I HAVE to tell you what I ate :eek::eek::eek:

woke up, hungover (my luck after only 5 drinks!! I'm just not able anymore) and had:

a creme egg
a packet of treble crunch crisps
went to burger king and had a BLT baguette and chips
ate TWO galaxy nut bars
had FIVE chocolate chip cookies (big ones!!) with a glass of milk
a jam doughnut
and then to top it all off, went and got a small pizza in dominos with 2 dips and had another creme egg for dessert.

Am so disgusted in myself. Isnt that just disgusting???

The only thing keeping me happy is the fact that I bought a little black dress in Coast on Saturday and I had to get it in a 10!! the 12 was way to big. So that was lovely.

Everyone is being really nice, I hadnt seen loads of my family in ages and at the party they were all really shocked at my weight loss. Absolutely everyone said it to me, it was lovely - one of my uncles, who lives down the country and I havent seen in a while actually passed me by and said he simply hadnt recognised me!! was a really nice feeling. Im also getting the "oooh dont loose anymore lecture from nearly everyone!"

I'm trying not to be too hard on myself though, cos I havent been feeling very well and OH did point out that maybe my body just needs the little diet break. I'm suffering with dizzy/ fainting episodes - I fainted in the cinema about 6 months ago and actually lost consciousness (how embarrasing!!! :D), was fine for a while, then every now and then would have a dizzy spell where I would feel like I was about to faint, get a hot and dizzy and black in front of eyes but wouldnt actually go, these started to come closer (4 days a week - about 10 times a day0 together lately so I finally went to the doctors last week, he said it was completely unacceptable so, he did an ECG on my heart (which is fine), blood pressure (fine) overall check (fine) and I've just rang this second for blood test results - I thought that maybe I was low on iron - he had a full test ran so I was checked for everything and he said on the phone that everything has come back fine. I have to go into him in the morning though, as I fainted outright (lost consciousness) twice last Thursday night at home (thankfully OH was there) sooo, I dunno!!! we'll see what he says!.

I had taken tomorrow off anyway, because my poor baby is sick, she has a sore throat - was up all last night with her. Poor pet. Her little cousin had it last Friday, and as my aunt childminds them both, she obviously picked it up off him. Shes at home with her daddy today as luckily hes off and I'm staying at home with her tomorrow. I bought her a few little presents to cheer her up at lunch time and I rang her earlier and she told me she had a "sore neck" (throat :)) "a sore other eye" and "sore hair" (headache :)) she also asked me did I know about the wheels on the bus?? apparantly they go round and round :) he he.

I think she was having little nightmares last night, as her temperature was up - she woke at one stage crying and said she was "scared of the monkeys" :confused:

On a more positive note, we bought all our wooden floors for the house on Saturday! are pricing tiles at the minute (oh my God, they are soo expensive!!) and tonight, myself and OH are going to go through some paint catalouges that I picked up to pick out colour schemes!!! I just cannot believe we're so close!! - still a bit to go - but I can finally see an end to it!! - its going to be sooo strange actually living there!.

(I dont want to tell you but I'm planning on a pizza and chocolate chip cookies as a final pig out tonight - starting a fresh tomorrow ssshhh!)

Hope your all well xx mwah xx

nikki dont be too hard on yourself lovey ,youve done so well.You need to get yourself sorted lovey if your fainting and not feeling well.Hope little one is better soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thank you girls x your so good x (particulary for not telling me off he he!!) xxx really appreciate your support and the fact that your bothered to read my looooong boring posts!!! xxx

So, big changes this week!! I DID have my pig out on Monday night after but I'm back (again!!) big time!!.

I have decided to do Kickstart this week to get back into things - so, I'm on 18 points a day.

I've also decided to exclude all "rubbish" from my shopping (took that idea from Marie's diary!!). I usually stock up on creme eggs, crunchies, quavers, malteasers, square bars, ww cookies (oh my, that looks even worse when I write it down :eek:) each week. I find myself spending way too many points on rubbish each day - I would roughly spend 6 points on a creme egg and some crisps etc each eve when really, 6 points could give me something really substancial to eat. I also find that because its there - I eat it. Most days Im not even hungry but I find it calling me from the cupboard or days I intend to save a few points, I end up spending them on chocolate instead - so, if its not there, I cant eat it. End of. I live in the middle of nowhere so I definately cant run over to the shop if I want something - choice is taken from me!!!.

Actually, I'm fairly sure that yesterday was the first day, since I started this diet that I DIDNT eat any sweets :eek::eek:. I had:

2 weetabixs (2pts)
200ml skimmed milk (1pt)
Sweetner (0)

ww clear chicken noodle soup (0.5)
2 slice brown bread (2)
20g h/l butter (1)

3 rivitas (1.5)
tin of ww tuna, sweetcorn and mayo (1)

1 rivita (0.5)
slice of avonmore slimline cheddar cheese (melted - yum) (0.5)

(dinner - this was HUGE!!!)
1 h/l minute steak (2.5)
brocolli, carrots (0)
fried mushrooms and onions (0)
200g potatoes - boiled, chopped and fried (in fry light - very like wedges!!) 2pts
Tablespoon of extra light mayo (to dip my potatoes in!) (0)

So, 14.5 used, 3.5 saved

I have a habit of eating the bare, bare minimum during the day because I find the evenings so hard but I border on starving myself during the day so I now plan to eat little and often and spread my points out better, not spending on crap is helping this.

I am still having my Dominos on Friday night, hence the saving points. I probably shouldnt as saving points is a little harder given Im on kickstart and have less (I know only 2 less but they still do add up!!)but you wouldnt believe how much I look forward to it so I've decided to still have it - I feel like its an end of week reward for being good and anyway, I always ensure I've enough points banked for it.

I'm hoping for a good loss this week, have pilates tonight. Have arsed around for a month now and stayed the same so can't wait to see a difference in the scales - am definately hoping for a good loss because I'm trying Kickstart. Think I'll be really disappointed if I dont, with putting that effort in.

Myself and OH booked two nights away in london for the 16th of April - we really need the break to be honest. First time away that we're not bringing Shannon, I'm a bit nervous about it as this will be the longest I've EVER been away from her and I'll really miss her. Really looking forward to it though!!! just need it. This is going to be my little incentive - I have exactly 5 weigh ins before this and would really, really love to be 11 stone (my first goal weight before I changed!!!) I know, I shouldnt put dates on losses but I really would love it - I think I could probably do it too - If I just stopped messing around and got stuck in and upped my exercise, I'm sure I could manage 2lbs a week.

The week after that, on the 26th I have my cousins hen party (shes getting married in June) this is an even bigger incentive - as I dont want to be the fat one at the party - I dont want to feel disgusting and self conscious (therefore no fun) beside everyone else.

I plan to stay the same the week I go to London, and stay the same the week of the hen (all going well)

Its funny, I have really been thinking. I am so particular about what Shannon eats, she ate all organic food when she was very little - home cooked, "good" dinners, wholewheat rice, bread, pasta - never white. No sugary juices, drinks - just water or milk or homemade smoothies.

I never gave her sweets or rubbish when she was a baby (even though I got the mean mammy remarks) as I could never understand giving rubbish to a child who does not want it/ is not asking for it/ doesnt know what it is.

Of course, if she asks for a treat Ill give it to her now, I wouldnt deprive her but that was when she was small.

I did this so to develop her taste buds for the "right" foods, they say this doesnt mean that she'll never have a craving for rubbish but in general will be more likely to choose brown bread over white etc.. and it has worked!! - she came home after been out to dinner with my mother and granny one evening - she had a "stick of rock" which the restaurant manager had given her for being such a good girl. she was holding it and asked me to open it for her, which I did, she took a lick and said "no", went over, put it in the bin and asked for an apple. Shes done this alot - one lady in a shop was laughing her head off when Shannon completely passed the sweet shelves and got all excited about getting a punnet of grapes.

Anyway, I know I'm rambling on (as usual!!) but the point is - I have tried so, so hard to give Shannon a good relationship with food. Nothing is out of bounds, yet she makes good choices. I have a takeaway once a week now - think its fine to show her that its fine in moderation.

What I'm trying to do is stick this back in my head (one of my reasons for starting diet in first place) - how can I possibley show my daughter a good food relationship if I continue on pre diet and the way Ive been the past few weeks? its completely hypocritical. I cant. I firmly believe children lead by example and if she sees mammy constantly stuffing her face with rubbish, binging constantly, ordering 10,000 takeaways a week - what is she going to think is normal? exactly that. How can I tell her (when shes older) that she has to eat healthy when I sit on my fat ass stuffing my face?

Shannon is absolutely everything in the world to me, I want only lovely things for her. I never want her to know, although it may happen anyway, what its like to be overweight, desperately unhappy and have zero confidence. Never.

I want her to eat well, but have treats, show her that exercise is just simply a daily part of life.

I need to keep this in my head as, although I may not do things for myself I would do anything for her.

Come on Nikki!!!! I have plenty of reasons to do this!!!!!!!! just need to put my thoughts into action.

sorry for such a long one (again) just thinking out loud really..

Hope your all well!! xx

oh my God!!! I didnt realise HOW long that was!!! oops :eek:

Just a quick note to myself!! (boring!)

Yesterday:

2 slices brown bread, butter and Jam (3.5)

3 rivita with tin of ww tuna sweetcorn and mayo (2.5)

half a tescos finest chicken and mushroom pizza (5)
garlic and herb dip (3 - I know, ridiculous)
Mushrooms fried in fry light (0)

14 used 4 saved

total saved this week: 7.5
(woo hoo one more and I have enough for pizza tomorrow night)

can't believe I'm actually sticking to this!

Well done for stickin to it hun, you doin really great ;)

thank you girls!! xx

just another quick boring note to myself:

Yesterday I had:

2 slices brown bread (toast) with butter and jam (3.5)

3 rivitas and tin of ww tuna, sweetcorn and mayo (2.5)

Toasted bagel with a fried egg and 1 h/l rasher
mushrooms on side to bulk out
11 mini onion bahjis/ vegtable samosas
(10.5)

16.5 used 1.5 saved

Total saved this week: 9

Found it really hard yesterday to be honest, would have killed for a bar of chocolate last night. I was still hungry dispite my huge dinner, but maybe thats because the total used was only 16.5 - I had planned on having ww beans with dinner instead of extra mini bahjis but Shannon started eating the beans off my plate so I gave them to her (ONLY person in the world I would give my food to he he!!) think the beans would have filled me up so much more.

Had a real battle with myself, drank a sugar free red bull to try quell the sugar craving (its sugar free!!!! doh!! but sweet, ah you know what I mean he he) Anyway, kept on telling myself over and over and over that I want to be slim SO much more than I want to eat. Really want this kickstart week to work out - fingers crossed - of all weekends its Paddys weekend!!. Have enough points saved for my pizza though!! so looking forward to that.

xxx

Not to bad thanks Paula!!, struggling a bit at the moment but really determined not to let another week go to pot because its the weekend!! - Im not even going out this weekend (and its Paddys weekend!! and Im Irish!!:D) cos I know it'll mean me falling off the wagon.

Am thinking that if I just, once and for all get in to this and stop messing around, I could be at goal in the next 2 months(or near enough)

Thanks Sandy!! - I know, It'll be really interesting to see what the weigh in is like after the kickstart week - I think I'll be really disappointed if it isnt a good one as I've really put in the effort this week. will of course keep you posted!! ;)

yesterday, I had

2 slices of toast with butter and jam (3.5)

a h/l chicken and stuffing sandwich (4) oops!!

Small chicken feast pizza with two dips - 21 (used my saved points)

(brings me 1.5 over but I'm going to use 17.5 over the next 3 days to make up for it)

Hope your all well xxxx

~waves~ ..........just thought id pop in and say ello! ... You sound like your doing great! .... hope you get a good result on the scales this week! .. Ive got my parents visiting and were having chinese tonight so not to bad! .. hoping for a loss next week to LOL hehehe

hugs xx

Back