Nikkis diary

Hi Nikki

Just to say you are doing bloody fab hun!

xx

Thank you Jools!! just hoping I can stick it out until Tuesday!!

Pixie, hope you really enjoyed your chinese, hun!! xx

So, hows everyone? has been so quite on here lately!! (probably cos this is the longest I've stuck around without disappearing for a while he he)

I'm not feeling the best, think I picked up whatever Shannon had last week. Felt very weak and dizzy and was having my little fainting episodes yesterday morning, then that developed into banging headache and really sore throat - feels exactly like tonsilitis but I obviously dont have that as had my tonsils out years ago!!.

To make it worse, I spent most of yesterday cleaning my filthy house and then had to make a huge dinner for the builders.

I was feeling really horrible by about 6 and as OH was down working on the house, I had noone to take Shannon so the both of us (Boo and I) lay down in my bed for cuddles, both fell asleep and I only woke at half nine when OH came in to carry Shannon into her own bed. :eek:

Was really bad eating wise yesterday, there wasnt much in the house so I ate TWO bagels with philedelphia cheese throughout the day then, I had 9.5 points left when I got up - (someone dropped in an Easter egg for shannon - he he Im so mean) I ended up eating a 1/4 of an easter egg (4.5pts), a pkt of rolos (that came with easter egg) (5) and then a bag of prawn crackers (5) cos OH had got himself a chinese. Anyway this means I went about 5 over so I'm going to eat 15 today and 15 tomorrow to make up for it (and Fridays 1 point over) usually Id let it go but I really want to see how well kick start works and not put a whole weeks worth down the pan so Im determined. I've even managed to stay away from the scales!!!

Alan is working today and my lovely mother came in and took Shannon to mass and off visiting for me, to give me a rest - cant remember when I last had five mins to myself!!!

I should be in tesco doing the shopping to be honest, but instead Im curled up in bed with the laptop - am trying to make the most of it while I can and I just dont feel up to it.

I'm getting really impatient about the house - its going on sooooo long now - I just can't wait much longer. Please cross your fingers we'll be in it soon guys, cos the stress of it all is getting to me a bit now.

Wedding plans are coming on well - the legalities and requirements are cracking me though - have to do this stupid marraige course thing for 2 days, in order to get married in the catholic church - fine if it was the 1950's but most people today are living together before they marry anyway and its all stupid things about how to budget, contraception :eek:, talking to eachother within your relationship - what utter bull!! but we HAVE to do it! thats €150, We then have to get both our baptism cert re issued to us with a date no more than six months before our wedding - this apparantly helps prove you've never been married in the church before (how???) thats fine for Alan, but I was christened in England so have to try contact church, write or something and see if I can get it. Alan has to get a letter of freedom from his church, as its not the same parish as the one we're marrying in (freedom to marry - again to prove he hasnt married in the church before) and we've both to get our confirmation certs.

We then have to give the state 3 months notice (to the registrar) for our marraige cert (another €150) which was HELL to get an appointment for.

ah, I know it all has to be done but God, I didnt realise how complicated it all was!!.

xxx hope your all well xxx

I've just realised how long its been since I last got to update my ticker!!! :eek: - must be 3/4 weeks? really need to start it moving again and am hoping I've a good loss at tomorrows weigh in to start it off (wish me luck!!) you wouldnt believe how much I've missed doing that!!

Have been ridiculous again food wise today - not spent points wisely at all. On my 15 today again as Im making up for the damage I did on Saturday but if I eat just my 15 today (which I know I will now) it means I've done kickstart for an entire week without going 1 point over (I've found it hard enough to be honest - probably because I've been off for the past few weekends, because I've elimanated chocolate, crisps etc (apart from Sat) completely and cos Im on 18 a day)

Today I had 2 bagels with cream cheese again for brekkie at about 9 this morning (why can I not just have one like a normal person!!!!) which equated to 8 points leaving me with 7 for the entire day, good thing is I'm still feeling horrible and not hungry at all so I know I'll be fine. I'm reeeeaaallly looking forward to my dinner this evening - am going to have peas, sweetcorn, carrotts,scallions and an egg in rice all fried on the pan (havent had it in years and its gorgeous!!) would you believe that I cant remember when I last had peas and I'm so excited!! about Peas!!! what the hell???!! I really need to get out more.

yesterday I managed to have just my 15 as planned which, being the weekend, I thought was going to be impossible - had:

2 bagels with 2 mini tubs of extra light philidelphia cheese (8)

ww ready meal - sweet and sour chicken and rice (5)

less than half a bag of microwave popcorn (2) (I know, that would be technically one of my banned things but I wanted something low and that would last and be filling)

I'm getting ALOT of lectures about my weight to be honest. I know its all out of love but its driving me around the bend!!! my OH keeps saying he thinks I have enough lost now and that hes concerned I'll take it too far, my mother is constantly on my case and said that shes had to defend it to other family members that I'm loosing to much!! what the hell?!!! IM ELEVEN STONE 10!!!!! Im hardly skin and bone for Gods sake - if I looked like Keira Knightley, fair enough, id understand but I just dont know what the problem is!!

Its probably cos I've been ill, with the fainting combined with weight loss, people are going to put 2 and 2 together and get 10,000 and think Im probably starving myself. The fainting has nothing to do with the dieting - my doctor has even confirmed that - all of us here know what a brilliant, balanced diet ww is - its encouraged me to eat MORE if anything, just of the right things - before the diet I seldom ate veg - now Im bulking out nearly every meal with them, Im definately getting my 5 a day, I've never had as many proper meals as now - red meat, fish, pasta... etc... before it was takeaways, sandwiches and chocolate!!. I've even been "off" the diet for 3 weekends and ate like a horse and was still fainting...

I think its lack of knowledge about the diet that has people worrying (oh my granny is driving me crazy!! - before she would make "suttle" hints about maybe I should walk more etc.. now shes telling me Im too skinny!! skinny?? did I say Im 11 stone 10?????)

My bridesmaids are apparantly worrying - their MOTHER told me they have been speaking about it (me and my weight thank you very much!!). One, very nicely pointed out that I now dont have any boobs to hold up my wedding dress :D

One of my uncles came up to me at the party last week and asked was he still driving me to the wedding (I refuse to pay 700 for a car for the day and he has a brand new Audi) and added that if he is hes going to have an awful time trying to find me. He said he likes looking at me, not for me.

Im not delirious - my stats show it all!! - I've a grand pair of child bearing hips!! :D

I have cousins who are my current size and smaller - and have always been. No one comments on their weight so its obviously because I was so massive, I've now gone to (almost) a "normal" size, so its the dramatic change that panics people? do you think?

How do I deal with this nicely folks? would really appreciate advice? its really meant well but its driving me crazy. I dont mind the odd comment but this is CONSTANT - everywhere I go!! (even had the local shopkeeper tell me not to loose anymore the other day!!!)

I never, ever thought that I would actually be complaining about this but it really is horrible and quite embarrasing to have people constantly remarking on your weight.

thank you sweetheart! your so good for thinking of me!.

Just a quick one folks, will be on properly later as I've loads to do here.

Kickstart weigh in - I lost SIX POUNDS!!!! I cant believe it - thats WAY more than I ever imagined!!

Awh well done babe, thats a super duper loss, ya must be thrilled well fair play to ya after stickin to it :party0019:

WOAHHHHHHHHHH 6lbs! ...... I may just have to try the kickstart this coming week! see what happens! ..... from reading your posts you sound like you never get a minute to yourself! ... You seem so busy! .. I hope everything settles for you and also that things will fall into place! .....

Have a fabbie week! ... hope your feeling better xx

thank you so much girls!! xxx Pixie, its definately worth giving it a try - I found the week hard but the results have been more than I ever thought!! - I think its probably cos I was off for the few weeks and it was like a "first week" loss, so to speak - maybe the decline in chocolate etc.. helped too.

Now Im pondering on whether to do it for another week? I think you can do it for 2 weeks at a time? - I dont know though, I know the loss wont be anywhere near this weeks but even if I lost 3lb? (wishful thinking!!) or do I go back on my 20points this week and back to kickstart next week? like a week on/ week off type thing. What do you think??

Cant believe I've 11lbs to go - less than a stone. never thought I would see the day - just so anxious to get "there" now. I've had stones and stones to loose at the beginning - I now have pounds to loose - it feels so weird!!! (but great!!)

Oh and I just noticed that Im now "normal" weight according to my BMI - I had calculated before that I needed to be 11stone but I must have calculated wrong - Ive double checked whats said on my tracker and its right!!!!! I cant believe it!!! Im over the moon!.

I hope your all having a fabulous week xxxxx woo hoo!!!

Thanks Carol!!.

Basically, if your over 14 stone you have 22 points a day.

If your under 14 stone, you have 18 points.

I think your only allowed do it for a max of 2 weeks.

I was quite nervous about doing it as it seemed to go completely against what ww generally states i.e. that you have to eat all your points a day (unless your saving in which case you'll be eating them all by the end of the week) or else your body goes into starvation mode and starts to store fat. I was on 18 a day and usually have 20 so effectively was eating 14 less points this week.

Anyway it obviously works!!! I'm so delighted - that big loss has sort of made up for my few weeks messing around - as in Im down roughly what I would have been if I was loosing my usual 2lbs a week!!.

Are you thinking of trying it?

Well done!!!

That is fantastic!!! Very well deserved!!

I'm sooooo tempted to give kick start a go as I may be able to lose the final few pounds in 1 hit!! I've never actually heard of it until I read your diary. Did you learn of it @ WW?

I'm really pleased for you hun.

Princess xx

wow mate that is fantastic.
Sending you a big hug mate not only cause your a star but thanks for looking out for mexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thank you all so much, your so sweet xxxxx

Marie!! lovely to see you back!! - hmm, I mulled over that for ages yesterday - was'nt sure what to do at all. I couldnt really get over the 6lb loss to be honest, and was almost nervous about it, if that makes any sense - I got on and off the scales SEVEN times yesterday morn, to be sure and then hopped on again this morn to check it was right.

I was thinking, if I do kickstart again this week, I cant expect to come anywhere close to the 6lb loss because Im not sure if it was the fact it was just kickstart (which I doubt) or it was a combination of the 18 points, my first week being good after being bad for a while and changing what I eat within my usual diet.

I was telling myself to be realistic - maybe not to do it again this week cos I may, deep down be expecting too much on weigh day and then disappoint myself plus its hard!!!!! (and could I have possibley picked two worse weeks? - Paddys weekend and Easter!! doh!!)

Anyway, In the end I decided to do it again this week - with the hopes I'll loose 3lbs (I know I shouldnt)

I just reeeeaaaly want to get "there" as soon as possible!!.

I have exactly 4 weigh ins before London and I want to be down as much as I can for it - I'm definately determined to be in the 10's anyway.

Princess Jess - I dont go to classes pet, just heard about it on here!! xx

(Paula ANYTIME xxxxx ;))

Hey Nikki! .. bet your still buzzing today from your FAB loss! ...... Ive decided to do kickstart this week to try and get me back on the wagon properly! .... Im on 18 points! any tips for the munchies or any recipes you couldnt live without on kickstart! i always struggle with lunches! somthing quick easy and filling ...........

xxxx I hope you have a great loss this coming week! ...... Im thinking if i do kickstart this week and then if i see a result im going to save it as my secret weapon for when ive had a few wobbly weeks to give myself a kick up the rear hehe

Back