Nina's journey with CD and Dr. Phil -- I am working on blocking the satsified binger.

big thanks kath!!

will try to post more during the week -- btw, that my baby brother who is staying with me this summer -- what a handful! but I will surely miss him when he's gone...having this stress (albeit a good from a good source) hashelped me uncover some binge behaviors -- hence the sloooooooooow losses...

life is to learn...

Yup, it's one big long lesson isn't it! :)

Life is indeed to learn!! Am learning to deal with my back - I struggle sometimes, get very tired, but am determined to keep moving. We can do this honey ;)

Hi ya Nina

Just read your thread from start to finish (isn't minimins brilliant the way you keep finding different threads to read)

So so sorry about the loss of your son.

How are you doing SS ?? How far are you along with the book ~ I ready the emotional hunger thing and I have 5 that defo really relate to me. I would love to know why and how I eat for comfort and get to the bottom of it all once and for all. I really associate food with love (strange woman but there you go !!!!)

Any way really enjoyed your thread and I wish you well on your weight loss and self improvement journey

Luv Luv

hi shaza -- thank you 4 coming to my thread -- didnt think ppl would still fnd it posted!!

congrats on ur weightloss! keepig positive is the best motivator!!

dr phil has helped shed light on my CB and her critical behaviors which keep me fat...and not always happy with myself...but I try each day...moment by moment to choose the way I react to situations -- at least I have not gained weight!

i am struggling with ss at the moment and takig it week by week...

as for the loss of my son...thank you for your kind gesture...sweet to think of him...these months have wizzed by and its a blur -- but guess forgetfulness can be a gift...

keep coming by!

Week by week, day by day, sometimes hour by hour - tis the only way we can do it honey - one lb at a time :hug99:

hey DQ-- u r absolutely gorgeous andthat smile is radical! glad to see u uppity-up and positive...thanks 4 stopping by and showing luv!

keep up ur positivity...it radiates!

Oh Nina

Its lovely to read your thread and you are so spiritual like me.

Time and forgetfulness are indeed a great healer for grief and I agree with DQ day by day ~ hour by hour ~ thats the only way

Good luck with your SS and I will send you some positive vibes and a healing angel for your soul

Luv Luv

Just popping in with more :vibes: - you know I like to check in on you every now and then:hug99:

Thanks DQ for popping by -- I have taken a temporary recuperation period --its been almost two weeks that I came down with the flu!

But I am mentally preparing for a restart in a few days...thanks 4 the vibes!!! looks like u r doing well...!

will KIT:)

• Eating Less and WILLPOWER! both by Gillian Riley
Full of practical tips and ways of coping with cravings and avoiding a binge, non judgemental and easy to read.

• Beyond Chocolate by Sophie Boss and Audrey Boss made for good reading.

• Take it off and keep it off by Anon, based on the successful methods of overeaters anonymous...
Looks at abstinence from overeating as a concept for living

• Why Can't I stop eating by Debbie Danowski.
The strategies for coping and staying in control are comprehensive and effective.... they are also tough!

hehehe -- I cut/copied them from another thread to remind myself that I should get these to read -- apparently highly recommended...do u have any books to suggest??

how ya feeling?? I am still not well -- now the ears are bothering me -- cant even swallow!

Oh dear honey, sending you major :hug99: and hope you feel better again soon :patback:

I'm doing ok - I was a bit blocked up but now that has gone in the other direction so all over the place!! :rolleyes: Am going back to green days tomorrow and hopefully it will settle down.

I am gonna bite the bullet and start SS on Monday the 6th -- i will do this differently cuz i want those spinning stars!!!

why do i want this???

1. to feel less achy and without knee pain after walking
  2. to feel light when i walk and do chores
  3. to not have to seat in theatre seats sideways!
  4. to have cute small panties!
  5. not always huff and puff after a flight of stairs
  6. to not feel the need to binge and fill the void...

oh DQ -- ur so gr8t -- always coming by and cheering me on -- wish you were my REAL CDC! ur just so encouraging, sweetie!

yes 2 hrs into SS and I am feeling ok -- think I will go get some water...:tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop:

gonna get out of the house this afternoon...go out for a walk -- just me and the ipod...hehehehe

will sign in later...decided to get back into the diary thing as well...it does help to get things out of my head and organized into a specific space...

thanks again DQ!!!! smooches!

Back