Nina's journey with CD and Dr. Phil -- I am working on blocking the satsified binger.

Thank you DQ and Karion foryour warm wishes and good eating advice tips!

Will still be here at minimins!

Nina,

Congratulations! What a lovely time of the year to find your pregnant, in the month of Ramadhan, Inshallah I am sure everything will go well for you.

Take great care of yourself, and just have a healthy diet, being pregnant i think your body only needs something like an extra 200 kcals a day!!! Look forward to your new journey.

Nas x

Nina,

Congratulations! What a lovely time of the year to find your pregnant, in the month of Ramadhan, Inshallah I am sure everything will go well for you.

Take great care of yourself, and just have a healthy diet, being pregnant i think your body only needs something like an extra 200 kcals a day!!! Look forward to your new journey.

Nas x

Yes we r very happy, alhamdulilah...and I will do my best to make this pregnancy as healthy as I can, inshallah.

To all my mates, Thank you, again, for your support!

How could 18 weeks fly by and I have put on 30 lbs???

well...although things r a bit different this time...being preggo has helped me give myself excuses to carb-out on my breads, potatoes, pasta and chips!

i didnt even realizing that the weight was piling on...until i jumped on the scale -- and she hadnt seen me since august (before i knew that i was pregnant)...

needless to say...its scary...

but i will remain calm...i will curb my feeding behaviors and monitor it with WW...nothing drastic...but i defo cant afford piling on another 30 in the next half of the pregnancy!

Nina's new journey on SW &Dr. Phil-->need to work on blocking the satisfified binger

well, its August 12th, almost a year after first conceiving...and I am back on track...

that is I seriously need to work on my emotional eating...

I decided to do SW this time -- although I would love to get back on track with CD...but with breastfeeding, its not entrely possible...and I wouldnt want to put my baby daughter's nutrition at risk...

so I have to do this the ole fashioned way...and I just ordered some Tae Boe dvds from ebay...very excited about starting those -- hope to see my ripped body and no longer full of ripples!;)

What I realllllllllllly need to address is my binging when I am angry or upset...the green-eyed monster comes out during those times!

Lovely to see you back posting on your diary, baby is gorgeous. Slow or fast, as long as you get there, looking forward to hear how your dvds are.

Day 1 on CD

thank you for your comment -- now I am getting back on track -- once again...today is day 1 on CD!
Lovely to see you back posting on your diary, baby is gorgeous. Slow or fast, as long as you get there, looking forward to hear how your dvds are.

it was a good day

happy to say I have completed day 1 cd ss+

having 4 packs and only managed 1 1/2 liter water...

feel fine... guess cuz i have been psyching up myself for this endeavor for a few weeks now...

i am determined to complete this mission.

I have given myself til March 15 th, 2009 to stay on the diet. At that time I will re-evaluate my goals (aiming to be down 100 lbs by then -- anything more is a plus)

will post goals in my diary over the next few days...

181 days to go...:)

and the slim person inside the fat suit is roaring to be set free...I have been obese for the past 10 years...and I am finally through with being a satisfied binger.

'no one climbed a mountain by looking at it' -->dr phil

hi hunney

Well I chose your diary to post my first post here. Just sat here reading your journey over the past few years and found so many similarites in the emotional roller coaster that is taken every time we start on our quest to rid ourselves of this extra padding that we both have :mad:.

I'm so proud of you hun, you have so much more will power than I have, I tried the CD 3 times now and all 3 times I was n't able to get past 3pm with out crumbling and hitting the fridge. GO GO NINA I know you can do it hun and I'm hoping you will be an inspiration to me when I start my pre op diet after Eid inshallah. :rolleyes:

I know now this is my last chance really, I've done everything else and this op is the key to having a pain free life, being able to climb the stairs with out needing an oxygen mask once I reach the top. Only thing that worries me, as you said in the past is the operation is only the physical restriction and it does n't deal with the little demons in our head telling us to abuse our bodies and give in and ruin all the hard work we have done.

Go you, I know you can do it this time, you owe it to yourself hunney.

thanks alia

those demons are aka the chatterbox! it chats up a storm and convinces us to do things...

I am convinced if I can label the different chatterbox personalities then I can send them away for good...

I know that lighterlife deals with CB...maybe someone on here can help me sort it out???

[FONT=times new roman,new york,times,serif](btw) i wanna post a link to cognitive behavioral traning...I have only just started using this...but it seems to be opening my eyes to my thought process

[/FONT]MoodGYM: Welcome

Hi Nina,

Well Done on getting through Day1!!!! X

Inshallah i hope you are succesful x

Love Nas x

Welcome back babes :hug99:

thanks DQ -- its good to be back on day1 of the diet!

thanks Nas for your support and encouragement!

thanks tara -- welcome to my diary and congrats on your weightloss! its inspirational!

only 172 days to go!

well its been awhile since i last posted but its also been a turbulent week as well!

My week started off well...no headaches cuz I just kept drinking water like it was going out of style those first few days !

Day 2
Almost had an overload emotional meltdown with a screaming baby, needed to cook etc -- and I felt so overwhelmed etc. and the lil girl in my head said 'go ahead just have something sugary and sweet and you feel soo much better' and the adult voice screamed 'NOOOO!' and then that was that -- I resisted and lil one was gone...

Day 3
We were invited to dinner, and I had a game plan - ate my mealpack b4 getting there and would glug water while everyone else ate...well the hostess insisted I sit at the table (which I could have done without!) After about 5 minutes into the meal, the lil one crept into my ears laughing at me and saying 'hahaha, you're being punished becuase you have gotten soooo FAT and now you cant eat like the rest of these people! hahaha, you will always be fat!'

Tears started welling in my eyes...and I had to excuse myself...when I came back, I felt better cuz I stepped away from the scenario and had a breather...

now rationally I know that none of that is true but why would this voice be telling me this?

Dr. Phil says that we condition ourselves to do things that have always 'worked' for us -- thats the motivator to keep on doing it...so am I content in being in a state of self-pity (in this instance)? I have kept myself fat and obese for the past 10 years...why? was it easier for me to just let myself go rather than fight off these lil annoying voices telling me to give into instant gratification or have a pity party when I felt down and lonely??

My goal at the end of this journey is to be able to put a reign over my body and what I decide to put in my mouth for nutritional purposes.

On that note, I weighed in on Saturday and was over the moon that I was down 11 lbs and my week wasnt even finished! So who comes out of hiding...well it was the valedictorian inside me whi said 'go ahead and reward yourself for all your hard effort -- you have done so well, surely you wouldnt deny yourself some of this delicious baclava that has been sitting here for the past few days -- who cares if you get out of ketosis, you are great at just getting back in!'

well, I sucumbed...and now I am on day 2 restart...

and getting back into ketosis isnt fun!

onwards...and only 172 days to go!

hi Nina,

Gosh all those scenarios.... and voices ring a bell with me.... at least your understanding them... I have to say though baklava is one my weaknesses tooo...... :( I have to not buy it, cos if i do, i can eat loads in a matter of minutes x

Hi Nas -

glad to know there is another baklava lover out there besides me! problem is, DH brought them from London to sell...!!!!

what do you say to your voices? now I remember you said you had done LL b4 -- can you help me with categorizing them?

hi Nina,

Gosh all those scenarios.... and voices ring a bell with me.... at least your understanding them... I have to say though baklava is one my weaknesses tooo...... :( I have to not buy it, cos if i do, i can eat loads in a matter of minutes x

only 171 days to go!

well yesterday was a good day -- I got myself outside walking with baby in her carriage -- I felt energized and fresh with the crisp air! I love autumn (maybe cuz I am a FAll baby)! And my birthday is just in a few days...wow, life goes by s quickly -- I will be 30, inshallah, never thought it would reach me! hhehehehehe...

my energy levels seem to be higher since starting CD and I look forward to waking up...I am hoping that by getting a grip on my weight issues, I will be able to organize other areas of my life...

lst night, that baclava was calling at me -- instead, I watched some of the inspirational slide show and then took a shower and went to bed early -- I am so proud of myself ! (but not too proud cuz I dont want Ms. Valedictorian coming out and tooting her horn! I am not to goal yet!)

Back