no exercise and weight loss

mummy2beslim

taking one day at a time
was wondering if anyone still has good losses on minimal exercise the only exercise I have done recently is my salsacise dvd and a few walks to town pushing lo in buggy really need to up the exercise mcant wait for spring so we can cycle along the canal again :)

I need to lose more before I can exercise properly but I have found that the weeks when I've walked more I have lost more. I have lost weight on the weeks I haven't walked but not as much and its been more of a struggle.

Iv'e lost 2stone since starting in Sept, I might go with friends to a exercise class every now and then but not weekly. im hoping to make it more of a regular thing now to speed the weight loss up a bit :-D x

[hangs head in shame] I've done no exercise whatsoever.. apart from walking about morning till night (I have a 3 yr old) but specific exercise.. zilch! I've lost 2 stone 8 since October. hmmmm wonder how much I'd lose if I did actually get some exercise in.

toddlers def make us work bet we do 20000 steps a day :8855:

I think you have summed it up yourself, you do loose weight without exercise but you do loose more with it.
But i do suggest maybe getting a pedometer that way you will be concious of how much walking you do, wright this down ever week and without realising you will be trying to do more.

I have ne will wear it tomorrow used to wear it everyday then got lazy

hello there

i am on the opposit end of the spectrum, when i exercise, i gain weight because me excess weight turns into muscle. I used to go gym 5/6 days a week and lost 2lbs in 8 weeks (and dieted at same time, and never cheated or drank alcohol once) honest !!!!!!!!!!I HAVE LOST 3 AND HALF STONE SINCE MAY LAST YEAR AND THE ONLY EXERCISE I DO IS WALKING .So i just walk about 3 miles a day on some days , but each to their own tho. Not everyone is the same.

Gl on your wl journeys xx - julie

If that happened then you were doing the wrong sort of exersize, to burn fat you need to do cardio workouts, i think the rule to go by is if your sitting or laying its not right!!

Have you done a food diary and taken it to your group leader there is definately somthing not adding up, cardio will burn fat before it forms muscle!

Thats very stange, how confusing and off putting, i hope things are working for you a bit more now!!

Well all the best, i wish i has your will power, i was so strong last week, but this weekend im struggling!!

All people are different and u were exercising properly julie as u had that fitness bloke with u at all time,i believe everyones metabolisms are different and my mother also never lost weight and she did it properly.where myself i do lose weighjt when i exercise but i have alot of weight to lose.try not to worry to much if not losing as u know your waist line is still shrinking with exercise whick is obviously turnng to muscle,im sure you be looking great soon

sarah xx

Have to admit when i did WW many moons ago and started to exercise seriously (running) my weight loss was almost non existent!

I've lost 2st in eight weeks, and have done no exercise at all! I don't even walk to work anymore, only do that in the summer, I've been getting the bus back and forth since the cold weather set in.

However, I do have a LOT of weight to lose which might explain it, maybe as time goes on I will need to start exercising as well. I do use up some energy at work, lots of hefting and walking around with heavy boxes, up and down a very steep flight of stairs a dozen times a day.

well havce decided to walk more and take it from there will walk the 40 mins to town today lushing buggy very hilly here so will be better than gettign the bus and a few hours with mum walking round the shops :)
pedometer has gone missing so will buy a new one in town today great motivation to see how many steps you have done

Back