No longer the FAT friend..Blowing off the cobwebs! Contains Food Talk.

You really are amazing Summer. I'm inclined to think that Friday could be just what your metabolism needs to give it a boost. I'm working on the same theory from this weekend but doubt it will happen lol. Regardless of that we will finish this few weeks and get back to living a normal life again. I'm just hoping I'm at least a stone lighter by then. After all I have a very small size 14 wedding dress to fit into lol. ;-)

P.S. Loving the new pic on fb.

You're doing so well to stick with TS even when the losses haven't been good the last couple of weeks. I hope, as others have said, that Friday has been a kick to your metabolism, and hopefully when you get through the next 2 weeks, you'll have a fab result. I'm really impressed that you can wait 2 weeks... I'm such a serial scale hopper. Coming home today, after being away a few days, I was desperate to know what the scales said! Daft really, as my weigh-in time is always in the morning, so I still don't really know how I compare.
Anyway, hope you have a great week :D

I also occasionally have a bad week, or even two, where I follow the plan 100% (okay maybe not drinking quite enough water), and I lose very little, but then I end up having a good following week. I look at my weight loss over the month, and I am always down a reasonable amount. I have had to stop myself from weighing myself on my wii fit every day because it could be too disheartening when I suddenly went up a 1lb or so after being perfect. I realise now that daily fluctuations can really throw me off course.

Hang in there SummerRain, you will be rewarded.

You really are amazing Summer. I'm inclined to think that Friday could be just what your metabolism needs to give it a boost. I'm working on the same theory from this weekend but doubt it will happen lol. Regardless of that we will finish this few weeks and get back to living a normal life again. I'm just hoping I'm at least a stone lighter by then. After all I have a very small size 14 wedding dress to fit into lol. ;-)

P.S. Loving the new pic on fb.

I don't think I am amazing lol! Just a stubborn old c!w ;) You are right though, we will get this done and there is NO reason we can't lose a stone in that time!

Erm..Wedding? Have I missed something...?
:love047:

You're doing so well to stick with TS even when the losses haven't been good the last couple of weeks. I hope, as others have said, that Friday has been a kick to your metabolism, and hopefully when you get through the next 2 weeks, you'll have a fab result. I'm really impressed that you can wait 2 weeks... I'm such a serial scale hopper. Coming home today, after being away a few days, I was desperate to know what the scales said! Daft really, as my weigh-in time is always in the morning, so I still don't really know how I compare.
Anyway, hope you have a great week :D

Oh Thank you Cybil xxx Your encouragement and support is soooo greatly received! I have though given up on staying off the scales lol! More about that further down lol

I also occasionally have a bad week, or even two, where I follow the plan 100% (okay maybe not drinking quite enough water), and I lose very little, but then I end up having a good following week. I look at my weight loss over the month, and I am always down a reasonable amount. I have had to stop myself from weighing myself on my wii fit every day because it could be too disheartening when I suddenly went up a 1lb or so after being perfect. I realise now that daily fluctuations can really throw me off course.

Hang in there SummerRain, you will be rewarded.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write some support xx I did tell myself the "Over the month" thing...but it worked out about 7lb for March or something?! That was really getting me down and I was starting to wondering if I was eating to little by having just the exante packs. How are you getting on Julie? You went on holiday didn't you? Did you ease back in ok?

--------------------------------

Ok so this 2 week not weighing thing?

:wave_cry:

That lasted a day hahaha!

I jumped on this morning and I was 12st 7lbs?! A loss of 4lb from last Thursday. I will wait to see what it is officially tomorrow before I record it.

Apart from my AAMW I was 100 % TS. To the letter. I cannot stress that enough. Oh apart from one day I had a boiled egg. Friday evening was the first time since the 3rd Feb that I "came off plan"... I had a light carby meal to take me out of ketosis in the afternoon. I had about 4 glasses of wine when I was out and at the meal I ate "around" the obvious carbs. I ignored potatoes etc....

Saturday I also allowed myself my 3 packs and a 400cal meal (hangover :D)

Sunday I was straight back on plan as normal, yet had a boiled egg and some broccoli.

Monday, I had 3 packs, a can of tuna and some salad.

Tues, I had 3 packs, a pork loin steak and some broccoli.

Weds I jump on the scales and the weight is falling off me.

When I was just 3 packs a day, I was fighting for EVERY lb. On AAMW and this week, I have a great loss.

I think for me, 600 cals is not enough for my metabolism maybe? I am confused by it. I would be happy to lose 2-3lb a week so I am not asking for the world lol

I think I am going to go how I am for now..until things change again...and see what I can do to chop it again if that happens.

Confused. :confused:

I would carry on, as if you are getting good loses with eating, why not eat? ;) I would eat and lose given the choice :D

Fantastic work :D xx

I would carry on, as if you are getting good loses with eating, why not eat? ;) I would eat and lose given the choice :D

Fantastic work :D xx

Aww thank you xx

It just feels "wrong" though...:eek: Maybe if the scales slack again, it will be time to do just TS..kinda keep my body guessing. I have been reading a lot of stuff (Dr Internet..hahaha!) and it seems that VLCD do not suit everyone, I am just wondering if I am one of those or it could be to early to know that anyway. Thanks for your support Divster xx

Omg you're doing brilliantly! I agree with Divster eat and lose lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Summer rain, I think my husband is the same as you! We were getting so down hearted when he wasn't losing weight! Since I last posted in my diary about it we've just been cheating!
I think he needs to add a meal, and now you've had success at it I am convinced this is the way forward for him! A few of others thought this also so it's definitely time to try it!!
:)

Summer rain, I think my husband is the same as you! We were getting so down hearted when he wasn't losing weight! Since I last posted in my diary about it we've just been cheating!
I think he needs to add a meal, and now you've had success at it I am convinced this is the way forward for him! A few of others thought this also so it's definitely time to try it!!

He should def be losing on it Lil, give the man some food then! Got to be worth a try :D

I think we all have to work out what suits our bodies best. Everyone is different and reacts to things in a different way. I mean just look at people who eat all the time who never put on a pound, yet if I ate anywhere near as much, I would just keep ballooning!! Same thing goes for losing weight, some people need less calories to lose more punds and some need a little bit more. It is very confusing though, I agree. You would think less calories = lose weight, but that is definitely not always the case....if only it were that simple!!

I really don't think it would hurt to try. Our bodies know what they need and sometimes we do need to listen...and STS or gaining (often)whilst on a VLCD should not be happening..and maybe its a sign? Some weeks on 100% Ts, I know I only lost a bit of weight because I had used a laxative! I used them because I was uncomfortable and found it impossible to go to the loo but I subconsciously timed taking them around weigh day, so I would see something change on the scales! How bad is that!?! Having a little meal each day has given me a "new lease of motivation..." If things stop moving again then I will chop it up again and remove the meal...e.t.c.. I wish him and you lots of luck! I will stalk your diary to see how he gets on xx

Week 9 Weigh In...

So much for not weighing for 2 weeks :D

-------------------

Week 9 Weigh in.

- 4lbs!

I am now 12st 7lbs!

I can now say "Oh...I am 12 and a half stone..." I really get a kick out of that! I am on my way to "new" weight to lose! Once I hit 12 stone, anything else I lose will be new achievements. As I had got to 12 stone calorie counting but it all went out of the window when my gall bladder burst and was in hosp for ages.

I am going to keep going with the little meal each day. Until things (if they do) stop working again. I see it as a mix of WS and the 810 (CD) plan lol! I am going to list in my diary what I have each day, so I can look back and compare if I ever need to. So this will contain food talk :( If anyone would really hate that, then please say and I could keep a note of what I have offline :)

Todays menu.

Breakfast (10am approx)
Vanilla shake with a spoon of coffee in and lots of ice.

Lunch (2pm approx)
Exante Bar.

Dinner (any time around 4..REALLY struggle at this time of the day)
Chicken breast, roasted broccoli (just stick it in the oven on a tray and turn it now and then! is yum!) and a glug of balsamic vinegar.

Evening (around 7pm)
A soup or shake..depending how I feel. Made with 500mls of water. If I have a soup I add a teaspoon of bouillon if hungry but always add black pepper.

3litres of water and 500mls of coke zero with a lot of ice. 2 coffees made with a splash of skimmed milk.

Hope everyone else has a good day!

I'm so so pleased for you hun, you deserve that fabulous result. :)
I really like your plan, it means you don't stay hungry too much so less chance of a binge and nicely spaced out. I may nick it if I fail again if you don't mind!
Lots of congratulatory hugs :)

I'm so so pleased for you hun, you deserve that fabulous result. :)
I really like your plan, it means you don't stay hungry too much so less chance of a binge and nicely spaced out. I may nick it if I fail again if you don't mind!
Lots of congratulatory hugs :)

You're not going to "fail" and you have not "failed" because my lovely, you keep on attacking the weight, that is no way a fail. xxxx

Thank you for your lovely words. No doubt I will be back to whinging next week lol! xx

Thanks for your plan Summer Rain.
It must be fantastic to be down to 12 & a half stone. Well done! I'm hoping to be there in a couple of weeks.

I am now under 13 stone - just, but it's still yippee! I had three weeks holiday and a week or so trying to get back on plan so it stalled the weight loss, but I am aiming to be under 12 stone by 14 May. Now I am back 100% on Exante after a break, there's no reason I can't have a good loss. I have a couple of social events but I will eat wisely, if I absolutely need to eat. I won't have any alcohol as that weakens my willpower on food.

Roll on summertime - we are going be casting a much smaller shadow than we did last year!

Yay for the great loss Summer! Just goes to show though that the obvious way of losing isn't always the best.

Btw its always around 3-4pm that I struggle as well. Think we were definitely separated at birth lol.

Thanks for your plan Summer Rain.
It must be fantastic to be down to 12 & a half stone. Well done! I'm hoping to be there in a couple of weeks.

I am now under 13 stone - just, but it's still yippee! I had three weeks holiday and a week or so trying to get back on plan so it stalled the weight loss, but I am aiming to be under 12 stone by 14 May. Now I am back 100% on Exante after a break, there's no reason I can't have a good loss. I have a couple of social events but I will eat wisely, if I absolutely need to eat. I won't have any alcohol as that weakens my willpower on food.

Roll on summertime - we are going be casting a much smaller shadow than we did last year!

Well done on the 12's Julie! :553:
I really admire you getting back into exante after your holiday, it would be so easy to say "ah s*d it...I've had my holiday now.." Keep going Julie because as you say, our shadows are getting smaller by the minute!

Yay for the great loss Summer! Just goes to show though that the obvious way of losing isn't always the best.

Btw its always around 3-4pm that I struggle as well. Think we were definitely separated at birth lol.

I really think we were lol! 4pm is a killer for me, I have no idea why :( I hope you have a really lovely weekend xxx

Back