No more excuses

Well today's been a busy one. Had my shake as normal this morning but forgot to take a bar with me when I went out to first aid at a football game. Then got accosted by a friend when I was about to come home and ended up on a random drive (luckily via Tesco where I got an Atkins Endulge bar) and only just got home at 9pm. Doesn't look like I'll be getting my 4 packs in today so will just have to be 2 plus the endulge.

Have to say with the Atkins bar, it was nice but so not worth that much money.

Day 17 and I've spent most the day cleaning and tidying my room. It was rather organised chaos before but now everything is away. Off to the gym shortly and actually looking forward to it. So far eaten two packs and think I'm going to struggle to fit all 4 in so may be another 3 pack day. I know it's no longer what they recommend but I managed on 3 a day last time so I don't think it will do me any harm.

Your losses may stall if you're not eating enough (which we aren't on 4 packs as it is!), especially if you add exercise into the mix. :) Above all you're not getting all the nutrients you need per day! You really won't make your losses go any faster if you just have three packs per day - I've been there and know this is true!

Is it an issue of being used to having 3 meals per day? I'm used to 3, so I double my dinner pack up, it's easier that way. :)

Don't deprive your body of much needed nutrition - it needs all the TLC it can get with all this calorie restriction and running around! I expect cleaning your room was rather physical too!

Be careful hun.
x

Your losses may stall if you're not eating enough (which we aren't on 4 packs as it is!), especially if you add exercise into the mix. :) Above all you're not getting all the nutrients you need per day! You really won't make your losses go any faster if you just have three packs per day - I've been there and know this is true!

Is it an issue of being used to having 3 meals per day? I'm used to 3, so I double my dinner pack up, it's easier that way. :)

Don't deprive your body of much needed nutrition - it needs all the TLC it can get with all this calorie restriction and running around! I expect cleaning your room was rather physical too!

Be careful hun.
x

I did S&S last year on 3 a day and my losses never stalled. I do mostly have 4 a day and I don't believe 3 a day would give me better or worse losses. Just a case of occasionally forgetting to eat lunch if I wake up late and so have a late breakfast or in yesterday's case forgetting to take a pack and then getting accosted by a friend. I wouldn't be able to double up as I often struggle to finish packs as it is.

Oki-doke, just worried about you, that's all :hug99:

I was merely reflecting when I did LL for over a year - any cutting down of packs at lower weight ranges (below 12st) actually made losses worse :) At higher ranges (18st or so) made no difference. I guess energy stores on body have a lot to do with how it reacts to things!

x

Day 18 done and dusted. Tomorrow is going to be a busy one. Not quite sure how I'm going to fit all my packs in but thinking normal pack for breakfast, turkey with a tiny drop of gravy for lunch (as it won't cost me anything and the turkey by itself is dry), maybe something when I get home and normal pack for dinner to make up the 4. If don't have the pack when I get home I might take a bar out with me in the evening instead. On good news, from this morning daily weigh I'm 3lb down from Friday's weekly weigh so fingers crossed for another good loss this week.

Just had some very dry turkey with a drop of disgusting gravy. Was only worth it because it was free. Would have just brought a bar or shake but I'm working and eating with a load of kids. Think I'll be hungry by the time I get home!!

Well ended up at Harvester again. Decided to go with the same as last week as it didn't knock me out of ketosis and was really nice. So I ordered my grilled chicken with gravy (I just dip in gravy) and NO side but when it came out the plate had blumming chips on it!! I tried offloading them on my friend but they wouldn't have them, so the entire meal I had a load of chips staring up at me from my plate. When I'd finished my chicken I looked at the chips and the little gremlin in my head started to say 'well just one won't hurt'. I found the smallest chip out of the lot and put it on my fork and I just looked at it and after a minute of looking at this chip it just thought 'this chip just really isn't worth it' and took it back off my fork, put my cutlery down and that was it. I was so proud of myself because I like chips, I don't have them that often normally so they're usually a treat, but I managed to resist. I've tried so hard to keep away temptation whilst I've been doing this and the stupid waiter obviously wrote it down wrong even though I specifically told him no side (he was an ass anyway and they managed it fine last week). To resist that chip was a major thing for me even though it sounds really stupid to most people. Just glad to say I'm still here and I've still not strayed. Given me a boost that I can do this and I can stick to it.

you're a better woman than me!! I also went to Harvester last night, had grilled salmon and green beans and they correctly didn't bring the side. When I said 'no side' she was like - don't you even want some rice? NO SIDE PLEASE!!

Also had bowl of salad (few <lot> crispy onion bits was my only naughtiness)

I never go to the salad bar at harvester normally (except to get a little bread) as if I do I'm too full to eat any of the meal and as I paid for the meal I want to make sure I can eat it!

Been another good day today. Was struggling to fit all my packs in so ended up having 2 chocolate shakes made into a giant cookie after the gym. Just about managed it. Hopefully tomorrow will be easier as a bit more routine to it as I'm in uni. Then wi Friday. Looking like it should be at least 3lb off this week but if another few pound would like to drop off before Friday I wouldn't be complaining! Loving the fact I'm now a few lb into the 16s but the 15s can't come quick enough as the upper 15s is the best I've managed for a good few years.

Well put on my work clothes for the first time since starting this diet. My belt is now 2 holes tighter and the sleeves have loosened round my arms which is great as they were really annoying before. So obviously losing from somewhere.

Yay! It's always so great to see an actual difference in clothes, especially ones you haven't worn for a while :D

Well done! :D

Week 3 wi tomorrow (can't believe it's been so long!) and keeping my fingers crossed for a good result. Going to be a busy day with an exam in the morning and a first aid duty at the local football stadium in the evening. Once I've finished this exam I can start revising for the next one in just over 2 weeks time (oh I do so live uni). Still plodding along. Found the best way to get over any foodie thoughts is to plan the kind of meals I'm going to eat when I come off this, especially portion sizes. At the moment that's where all my foodie dreams are and strange enough one of my strongest is for sausage and mash with peas and gravy which I very rarely had before.

Good luck for WI cherry!!

I love dreaming about food post-S&S!! I was thinking of yorkshire pudding yesterday - the big ones that are soft at the bottom - OH MAMA!

I'm also going back to the restaurant I went to on Wednesday and having the cheesecake :D:D (salad for main to balance it out ;))

It's my birthday within the first week after me finishing my 12 weeks so I've planned to go to Harvester with some of my friends. Really looking forward to it.

Week 3 weigh in done and another 5lb gone bringing me to 1st 4lb lost and only another 3lb to my stone and a half. Fingers crossed for next week! Still need to do my measurements but I can feel they're going in the right direction.

Back