No more excuses

Cherry-Blossom

I CAN do this
Well here I am ready to start my weight loss journey. I'm not starting today, for various reasons, but on Friday. However, I've decided to start a diary now anyway so that I'm all set up and ready for D day.

A little bit about me to start off. I'm a bit of a serial dieter having started Slimming World multiple times as well as having done Slim and Save once before. I was losing really well on S&S however I let naughtiness creep in and eventually lost it. This time I have decided to do things differently. Last time I did this you could do 3 a day without an extra meal, however, now that's gone I'm planning on doing 4 a day. Before I started letting food into the house and added in an extra meal and it ended up sending me totally off plan. This time though no food. I want to stick to this 100%. This evening I've been going round the net finding inspirational photos and quotes that I can put on my wall to look at and I'm going to make a chart for my wall with my weight and inch loss on it as well as putting up photos each month so I can constantly see how well I'm doing. Fingers crossed this will help keep me on track.

Anyway, I'm also going to try and find some inspirational quotes and pictures to put on here when I post so here is my first one.
weight-loss-inspiration.jpg

This is definitely going to be of the quotes of my weight loss. I never want to find this weight again!

words-of-diet-inspiration.jpg

all looks good :) I use Spike the gremlin, I have him stuck to the fridge to remind me it's the food gremlins trying to get me, also have a little one in my purse when out and about in case he creeps up on me by the chocolate or crisps (or worse, the bread)

Good luck for Friday, all here to help keep you going :)

Hi Cherry - your pinterest board looks great! I may have to keep looking at it myself!

I've just started SnS again too (I am on day three). I am a serial dieter too and have also done SnS before (I managed to do it 100% for 9 weeks with a two week cut down beforehand but failed to get on another diet/maintain (I have never managed that!) after deciding to come off it/have a break).

For me, the 4 packs a day really is the way to go. Just simply not having regular food seems to be far easier for me mentally, logisically and craving-wise. Hope that you find it works out better for you, too!

Anyway, good luck!

If you find my pinterest board good then that's great :) I'm going to have to keep looking at it whenever I feel like giving in to temptation or quitting.

On a night shift on break and bored so decided to do a bit of reflection on here.

On Friday I'm going to be re-starting s&s after almost a year. Other than s&s I've done slimming world in the past and despite always losing weight I've always gone off track and put it back on again.

I've been overweight for as long as I can remember however until I ended up unemployed for 8 months I remained in the 12-14 stone bracket and although I wasn't thrilled with my weight I was much happier than I am now. During that 8 months I gained about 5-6 stone which is a stupid amount. At the time I had no job, all my friends were moving away, I had no money, I was finally getting help for my mental health problems, the previous year had been extremely stressful causing me to have to leave uni, and so I turned to food.

So I was thinking, what was the difference between me then and me now? Well me then would have had one sandwich not two. I had an obsession with bananas and ate loads of them, they were my snack not junk. When I got bored or stressed I'd go out for a walk, not sit in front of my computer or phone eating and continuing to be bored. I think I lost myself through losing my schedule, through losing the life I had which let the bad habits creep in.

Now I need to change. Ok so I want to be a healthy weight, not overweight like I was then, but I need to look at how I was so I can work towards how I want to be. For some crazy reason I decided to sign up for a half marathon in October and so far I've done no training, one of the reasons being I'm too embarrassed to go out and run. I started to run before down a canal towpath as it was right out the door at my parents and I could run without seeing too many people (plus it was flat!) So I was thinking, how could I recreate this? I was planning in running along the seafront but the idea of it is so embarrassing as its right by a main road. Tonight though I came up with a new idea. There's an abandoned canal a short drive away where the towpath has been done up for walkers etc. I could run along there. So that's now my plan. To try and run along the towpath. I'm also planning on going to the gum with my friend who is joining my gym at the beginning of march so she might finally kick my ass to go. I'm hoping if I can make these things habit then maybe, just maybe, this time I will finally lose the weight, stay on track, and keep it off.

All sounds very good :)

Well weighed myself today (I start tomorrow) and was shocked that since I last weighed the other week I've managed to lose over half a stone having not dieted at all :) Put me in an even better mood to get going with this so I can lose even more.

Yep :) only problem is I think my iron deficiency anaemia is back :( Making me feel awful and keep feeling like I'm going to faint.

take ferrous sulphate tablets, should sort it in the right direction.

You go with the loss!! Soon be posting more losses :)

I will do but as I've been on nights haven't had time to get any. And fingers crossed lots more losses to come.

ahhhhh

Well this is it. 1st of March and D-Day. Just finished a night shift and I'm not in the slightest bit tired so decided to stay up and see how things go. Initial weigh in at 17st 6lb, less than I was expecting to start at (I thought it would be more like 18st) so happy about that.Fingers crossed all will now go well and it won't be long before I see the scales drop even further.

Day 1 going well so far. Had one chocolate wafer and a chocolate shake that I made into a cookie as I really wanted something solid. Will have other chocolate wafer later then a spicy spaghetti with a shake this evening.

Well day one done and it's looked a bit like this:
One chocolate wafer
Chocolate shake made into cookie
One chocolate wafer
Spicy Spaghetti
Dark Truffa Bar (added in even though I didn't want it because I was too far under my calories)

Put all this into their online meal planner and I've had 603 cals (meant to have 650 but can be up to 100 under) and 52.7g carbs which is within the limit. I've not actually been hungry all day and struggled to get the packs in as I've gotten used to only eating twice a day recently. Really need to up my water intake though as I've struggled with not having my bottled fizzy water next to me all the time.

So onwards and upwards tomorrow! (technically now today)

Well day two today and so far so good. Woke up late and ran round like a maniac trying to sort stuff out before leaving for a course. Managed to make myself a crispy choc shake with milk though. Then had a bar for lunch. Not sure how I'm going to fit another 2 packs into today but currently thinking spicy spaghetti and then possibly a chocolate shake. When I woke up this morning I was stupidly thirsty which shows I probably didn't drink enough yesterday :/ Anyway went on the scales for a cheeky weigh when I got home at 7pm and to my total surprise I was weighing at about 16st 12lb! That's 8lb down from yesterday morning and the kind of number I wasn't expecting to see till the end of the week, never mind the second day. Anyway it's really motivated me to keep this up. Fingers crossed for a good loss at the end of the week.

Back